Starry Nights

Let's Hate With Shin Minah!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You are the nicest person I know." The little boy besides me whispers, like he is sharing a secret with me. We are sitting on a thick tree branch. I look down from where we are to the tulips gathered at the base of the tree. Hmmm, we are about 10 feet above the ground. I swing my feet back and forth against the light breeze. It looks like it's snowing, but a closer look will reveal the true identity of the snow flakes to be light pink petals.

"I have something to give you." I open my palm waiting to receive from the little boy. He puts his tiny fists above my hand and drops a ripe cherry blossom to my palm. I feel my lips stretch upward naturally. "Now you are mine, Shin Minah."

~

My eyes flash open and I take in my unfamiliar surroundings. Oh, right, I'm still on that lame 2 day 1 night trip. I swipe away the cold sweat that gathered on my forehead. I my dry lips and wait for my eyes to register to the dark. I don't like sleeping away from home and, even more so, I hate sleeping in the woods. The combination just gave me a nightmare of being feasted upon by wild bears and beastly wolves. I throw the thin covers off of me and sit up. I hear soft and some louder snores of the girls in my class around me. I tried to be as soundless as possible as I maneuvered my way to the door. I slid the door open slightly and slipped out. 

The slow night breeze of the nearing summer greets me immediately. I sit myself on the edge of the wooden floor with my bare feet barely touching the rocky ground. I look up to meet the starry sky. It feels so nice to be alone. I wish I can stay like this forever. 

"Why are you out here?" I jump at the voice and a hand covers my mouth before a scream can come out. The dark shadow of the voice moves in and puts a finger against his lips. "Shhh, you'll wake them up." I recognize my stalkers voice and face right away. Aisssh, I can't even have a minute to myself before I am accompanied by my stalker again. I push his hand away from my mouth and use my shirt to wipe away the dirty hand germs that is on my face. 

"How come you're not sleeping?" he asks me in a low voice and sits down next to me despite my dangerous glare. I don't answer the stalker and turn back to the dotted night sky. "I couldn't sleep because I keep thinking about a girl."

I rolled my eyes. Guys, that does not actually work in real life. Maybe in sappy TV dramas, but not in reality and most definitely not on me. 

"No matter how much I think about her, I still can't understand what happened." He continues talking on his own. "Maybe I shouldn't have left her back then. Then, I would've been able to protect her."

What is this guy talking about? I turn to look at him like he is out of his mind. He is staring at me. Was he staring at me this whole time? Geez, what a creep. 

"I think if I haven't left her side, things would be different from how they are now. Things would be better." His eyes glisten from the reflection of the stars.

"How do you know things would be better?" I finally open my mouth to ask. "I don't know what you are talking about, but stop talking about the past. There's no turning back time and no knowing what would've been."

"That's true. Shin Minah is correct- as always." Yixing says with a sigh and finally turns away from me to glance up at the sky. "Yeppudah. Nohmu yeppudah."

For once I can agree with what is coming out of the stalker's mouth. It is indeed very pretty, pretty enough to make being in the middle of the woods with a stalker almost not so bad. I take in a deep breath and slowly let it back out. I feel my eyelids gradually close against my will. It's telling me to go back ins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter