You Were the Nicest

Let's Hate With Shin Minah!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do you know why dramas and storybooks always have a main character that is nice? That is kind-hearted? That is innocent? Because we want to see the world ideally- a world that is good. We want to believe that in our world, the good will ultimately win over the bad and that the bad will get the karma that they deserve. We want to see a world where the hardworking are rewarded and the lazy will loose out. But I know better- this is not our world. In the real world we live in, the good do not always win and the hardworking do not always get recognized. In the world we live in, there is no such thing as fairness. The rich will stay rich, get rewarded, and be treated better. The poor will stay poor, stay unnoticed, and be treated like a peasant. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the world that we live in. 

~

BUZZZZ- I slam down on my alarm clock and groaned. I am not a morning person. I ahwned and pull myself out of bed. Pulling my hair back, I tye it into a sleek ponytail and straighten my uniform's white button down top. I grab my schoolbag and walk downstairs to the kitchen, where my mom has breakfast waiting for me. 

"Good morning, Minah-ah!" My mom greets me is a chirpy voice and puts a spoon next to my bowl of rice. I nod my head at her and use a peice of roasted seaweed to put some rice in my mouth. My mom is a morning person... Why? It's like I'm not related to my parents. "How is school going?"

"I am first in my grade." I reply. I sip a spoon of soup to wash my mouthful of rice and seaweed down. 

"Ah, good job! How about your friends? When will you let me meet them?" She asks me eagerly. I pause and stare down at my bowl of rice. Friends? I snicker at the insane idea of friends. Since when do I ever have friends? I'm always alone, whether it be in school, shopping, eating, or at home.

"Umma, Naen chingu-oupsuhyo." I tell her trufthfully and finish up my last spoon of rice. "I'm going to school." My mom looks at me with concern for a minute before nodding. She hands me my lunch. I bow quickly at her and leave for school. Really though, there is nothing t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter