How are you?

My Story Begins here...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already 6pm as I went back home from the coffee shop that I had worked in. My body aches. Today was an especially busy day at the coffee shop. "I'm home!" I sang as I opened the door. My sister was already hugging my knees as I enter the house. 

"Unnie.." she said lovingly to me. I patted her on the head and produced three lollipops from my bag. My sister squeaked in delight as she took one from me and ran away with it. The other two were for my brothers.

"Umma! I'm home!" I cried and went to the kitchen to see her cooking dinner for all of us. I backhugged her and kissed her on the cheeks. "Umma.. your cooking smells delicious! I'll help you after I have showered okay?" I whispered to her.

She turned to me and smile. "Okay Mi Young.. hurry up! Dinner is almost ready," she told me and I nodded, leaving to my room.

As I entered the room, I immediately took a deep breath. My room smelled like lavendar and I rested my head on my bed as I soon as I dropped myself on the floor. "Oh my.." I exclaimed. "You know how much I have missed you bed?" I told my bed and went to bath. 

After ten minutes, I was done bathing. I sat in front of my Mac laptop and Skype. A message popped from Skype and I opened it up. It was from my best friend, Ara. 

Ara: Hey girl! I missed you so much! School in America is crazy but very fun. Miss you a lot. Skype when possible!

Yes, Ara was my best friend since childhood and she had moved to America five years ago. It seems really weird that I still talk to her even if we do not see each other for a long time but in the end, she is still my best friend. 

I Skyped her and there she was, looking at me, grinning from eye to eye. I laughed at her and we talked.

"So- there it was! It was flopping crazily in front of Max and he was screaming like hell.." Ara was telling me about a fishing experience that she had. I laughed. We were talking in English with a little Chinese and Korean.

"So," Ara said all of the sudden. "Did you find a Prince Charming?" I blushed at her question and looked away. She was making a lot of weird oohs and aahs. "I- I don't know.." I confessed. "A lot of things happened today you know.." I told her and she asked me to tell the whole story. I went on about school and Joshua and nontheless, Mingyu."

She was sulking after I had finished. "You're so lucky.." She said. "So many hot boys.. why did my parents even want to move to America?" I laughed and a tear came out. 

"Aww.. is my Mi Young crying?" she asked and my laugh disappeared as I looked at her annoyed. "Hey.." I said, trying to sound serious but failed. I started laughing altogther again. 

Just as we were about to talk, my mom knocked on the door, peaking in. "Youngie.. time for dinner- oh hello there Ara," my mom greeted her. She smiled at my mom  as she also greet my mom. 

"Well.. I sorry but Mi Young has to go and eat now.." my mom explained to Ara and I looked at her with a what? face. She just flicked my forehead and left. "Well.. bye Ara. I'll talk to you later!" I said and shut my laptop. 

"Hey dad.." I called my father as I head downstairs and took my place next to Jae Myung. He gave me a high five as I sat. This was the usual thing we had always done. Today, we had kimchi stew and kimchi fried rice. And we bagan to dig in. 

"So..." my dad started, halfway as we ate. All of us looked at him. A smile crept up to his face, "What do you think of going to Lotte World this Saturday? I have free tickets!" All of us shrieked with delight. 

"Yesssss!" I cried out and my whole family looked at me, silents was all I heard. I bent my head down. "Sorry.." I said out of embrassment. I was just too excited. 

"Hey Mi Young?" My father called me. I looked at him. "You know I have two more extra tickets for you." And he handed out two more ticket to me. I grabbed the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter