Dogs and Boys

My Story Begins here...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was really uncomfortable, after what had happened. I tried to ignore Mingyu but I can see that he was going a great job at ignoring me than I was on ignoring. It was hard not to stare at him as we sit next to each other- but mostly everytime as we had the same classes. I kept turning around my neck as I was tired but I couldn't help noticing him- and that went on everyday. I still recalled what had happened that day everytime I looked at him. 

Flashback

"I-I'm sorry!!" I cried as I backed away from him. I hit the wall- there was no more space for me to back away. He just sat there shocked at what had happened as he touched his lips gently. My sister was the one enjoying the entire thing, clapping and laughing. 

It was only for a while as I scrambled towards the giantic window and stuck my head out, looking for the white bungee rope. I spotted it after some time and tried to reached the ropes but I failed. I tried again, this time standing up and reached for it. My luck went flying across the skies as my grip on the window still slipped. I fell, only to find that a pair of strong and sturdy arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me back into the treehouse. 

"What do you think that you are doing?" He asked quietly and worriedly and his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. "It was dangerous, you know?"

I quickly got out of his grip and my back hit the wall again. "Don't-don't come near me!" I managed to say, terrified. 

I quickly scrambled towards my sister, shivering, as I grabbed her hand and head out the door. As i was crawling quickly towards the door, I could see Mingyu there looking sad as I was escaping. I turned towards him but avoid his gaze. "I... I'm sorry for what had happened today, Mingyu. I have to go now, it is very late. Please go immediately as it will be dangerous." I bowed and left quietly. 

 

 

Going down the tree was hard as it was nearly dark to see the steps but we managed to get down- with one tiny problem- I slipped and hit the ground hard. I looked at my ankle to see it twisted in a odd way. "Arg.."I grunted as I tried to stand up. My sister was no longer laughing or getting excited. She just look at me cautiously, with concern eyes. 

"Un-Unnie.." She called me as she helped me up and we were walking down the streets. It was dark as it was already 7:30pm. I managed a smile as I hopped around the road to our street. 

"Yes?" I asked her and she started crying. "Ya-Yah!" I called as I quickly bent down to meet her eye-level. "Why are you crying?" She quickly wrapped her arms around my neck. 

"I'm sorry Unnie!" She muffled as I patted her back, listening to what she wanted to say. "If-if I didn't plan the kiss, you wouldn't have felt scared and went down the tree and hurt your ankle." I continued to pat her back quietly, muttering 'It's okay' repeatly to her softly. 

A few mintues later, her sobbing had lessen down and we began walking down the street again, heading towards our house. 

 

 

In the morning, my parents left early, leaving me and my siblings at home. Mi Hyeon and Jae Myung were sleeping and Jae Hyuk was playing some Xbox games on the television. I hopped down carefully and sat on the couch. Jae Hyuk paused his game and looked at me from the floor. 

"Good morning Noona," he said and started to continue his game when I interupted him.

"Jae-Jae Hyuk!" I called him out, he looked at me. I bit my lips as I tried to search for words. "Erm.. the problem is that i have... I have- have sprained my ankle and I'm going to head to the hospital to check on it so I hope that you can take care of your siblings and take them somewhere to eat for breakfast and lunch." I stopped for a while and continued. "Please don't tell mom and dad.. I-I can't stand them getting furious over my clumsiness."

By the time I finished, he quickly scrambled over to my foot and put my foot on his lap gently. He looked at me crossed. "Noona," he said after examinating, looking at me quietly mad. "This is serious and it doesn't look like you sprained it today in the morning."

I looked away and pulled my foot away from him and got up. I gave him a faked smile and head out to the door. "Please look after your siblings for me," I said and left. 

The examination ended at 3pm and I never left my room. My ankle was seriously twisted in a very weird angle.

(End of flashback)

My ankle healed after a good two months, just the day beore 6th April. 6th April .. I thought to myself as I got ready for a refreshing run on Sunday. I bit my lips as I hesistated to head off towards the run. 

The run ended after a good one hour and I was heading back home, with my phone and purse in one of my hand. I jogged for a while across the Han river and walked down the bridge. I took a deep breath before starting to run again- but something caught my attention.

On the left side, where a small 'forest' was (filled with trees), I saw a dog struggling to opened something, its tail was down as it was upset. I went towards it carefully to get a better look of what the dog was trying to open. It was a container of dog food, sealed. 

I quickly put my phone and purse into a pocket in my hoodie and bent over towards the dog. The dog looked at me scared as it continue to try to open the container. I reached over and held the container into my hand to yank it open. 

Just before I yank the container opened, the dog jumped on me and bit my forearm deeply. I screamed. The container filled with dog food popped opened just then and the dog went away, trying to gather many food as much as possible. 

My hoodie's sleeve started to be covered in spots of blood before becoming into one big puddle of blood. Blood began to drip from my sleeve. I tried to stand up, holding my wounded arm but fell right after. 

"Mi- Mi Young!" Someone called me as he ran towards me. The voice was familiar but I was starting to lose conscious. He quickly went over and I fell onto him. My eyes began to close as his warmth embraced me. 

"I want to sleep.." I mumbled as I quickly felt darkness hovering over me, just in time to see him carrying me bridal-style as he said the words, "Mi Young.. Don't fall asleep! Don't!" But darkness took over me almost immediately.

 

 

"Yes, she's alright.." Someone was saying. "Please go home now, you must be tired and your children would need to sleep to get ready for school tomorrow." 

"Oh my.. it's getting very late but are you sure that you can stay here? I do not know you very well but I can see that you are Mi Young's friend," Another voice asked. I recognised it immediately. It was my mother. I wanted to call her right away but I just couldn't move or talk. It was after a few moment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter