Part 13

Mistakes (school 2015 fanfic)

 

 

 

"I'll be your friend" Hajin voices was heard from his phone. Hajin looks shock, "How did you..?" Moonbin smirks as he raises his shoulder. Then he puts his phone back to his pocket. "So I guess you'll have to be my friend from now on" Moonbin says with a smirk. "Oh... I guess so" Hajin says with a blank expression.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Eunbi was walking out of school alone. "Eiish, what a bad unnie. How could she left her sister alone?" she mumbles to herself as kick a small rock. Suddenly her phone vibrates, she quickly opens it. She smiles, "What's wrong, Gong Tae Kwang?"|"Did she abandon you for that swimmer guy?"|"Huh?" Eunbi starts looking around. "What are you looking for?", Eunbi feels like the voice came not far from where she is. She smiles when she sees him not far in front of her. "Mwoya?" she asks. Eunbi was going to hang up but then Taekwang points at his phone on his ear, signing that he wants to talk by the phone. Eunbi then puts her phone on her ear again. "Ya, are you okay?" he looks hesitates, but then he continue "Are you okay that your sister is with Han Yian?". Eunbi thinks for a while. "I don't know. Am I really okay?" she thoughts. "Hmm.. I'm okay" she says with a fake smile. "Does that mean, 'I'm not okay?' " Taekwang asks. Eunbi remains silent. Then she says, "It was my sister at the first place that Han Yian likes. He likes me thinking that I'm her. So, there's no reason for me to be upset" she smiles. "You know, I'm always right here" Taekwang says. He looks deeply at Eunbi. "Can't you open your heart for me?" he continues. Eunbi didn't know how to react. "Aaah.. what am I saying, forget it" he says regretting what he have said. "Taekwang-a.." Eunbi was about to say something but then Taekwang says, "See you tomorrow, annyeong". Taekwang hangs up then he waves at Eunbi before turning around. Eunbi stay like a statue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

 

 

Hajin gets off of the bus at the same time as Moonbin. She's very upset at herself. "I should've listened to Taekwang. Now I have to be his friend. But... How did he record that?" Hajin thought. Then she remembers when she was offering to be his friend, Moonbin was holding his phone.

 

Suddenly she hears footsteps behind her. She looks slightly behind, and sees Moonbin. "Why is he following me?" she thought. She turns around and Moonbin stops. "Are you.. following me?" Hajin asks. "Hhh.. Ya parrot, why would I followed you? It's the way to my home" he says. "Mwoh? Parrot?! Who are you calling parrot?" Hajin asks getting annoyed. "Ya.. just like that. You talk a lot, and your voice is so annoying and loud it hurts my ears" Moonbin says. "Heol, daebak. Then you're a gorilla" Hajin says doesn't want to lose. "Mwoh? Gorrilla? You want to die?" Moonbin looks angry. "Oh!!! See? You get angry easily, and you hardly ever smile. Just like a gorilla." Hajin says. She turns around and continues walking. Moonbin also continue walking as he silently cursing Hajin for calling him gorilla. He sees his house was just around the corner. He opens his bag and takes out something. Then he walks quickly to catch up with Hajin and he stops in front of Hajin. "Move" Hajin says coldly. "Since you are my friend now, here" Moonbin hands his homework. "What?" Hajin asks not knowing that it is his homework. Moonbin pulls Hajin's hand and makes Hajin takes his homework. "See you tomorrow!" he then walks into his house. "What is it?" Hajin asks to herself, clueless. Then she notices that it's his homework. "YA!! KIM MOONBIN!!" she shouts. But it's too late, he already inside his house. "Ahh.. That gorilla, jinjja" she looks annoyed. Then she takes a look at the house and pause. "Ah mwoya... that new neighbor is him?!" Hajin complains. She jumps up and down, and starts kicking to show that she's annoyed. Secretly, Moonbin is still watching her inside his house. Then an ahjumma asks, "Is she your friend?". Moonbin looks at that ahjumma coldly, "None of Your business" then he walks off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Taekwang is on his way home when he sees Hajin jumping up and down and kicks her leg many times. Taekwang smile at his best friend, he wasn't in a good mood earlier. But seeing Hajin makes him forget about what happened earlier. He walks to Hajin, "Are you crazy? What are you doing in front of someone's house?" Hajin turns around and sees Taekwang, "Oh, Taekwang" "What are you doing?", Taekwang asks again. "Waah,, I'm so upset right now" Hajin says with an annoyed face. "I can tell it by your expression right now", Taekwang teases her. Hajin just ignore him and walks to her house. Then Taekwang remembers the strawberry yoghurt he bought earlier. He takes the yoghurt out and quickly chases Hajin. He puts the yoghurt on Hajin's forehead. "Aah" Hajin was surprised by the coldness of the yoghurt. "Cool it off" Taekwang says. "Forget it" Hajin push the yoghurt lightly and about to walk again. But then Taekwang grab her hand. "Omo, my poor friend, you're already ugly and being mad just makes you even uglier. So, just cool it off" he handles the yoghurt. Hajin looks angrier when he calls her ugly, but then she smiles. She takes the yoghurt and drinks it. "Waaah, food really does have a fast effect to you. Look at you" Taekwang says. Hajin was smiling brightly as she drinks the yoghurt. "Massiseoyo" Hajin says with a smile. "Aigoo" Taekwang rubs her hair and then wraps his hand around Hajin's shoulder. "Let's go!" he drags her to their house.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

 

 

"Can't you open your heart for me?" those words keep turning on Eunbi's head. "Go Eunbi?" a voice awakes her from her thoughts. Eunbi was surprised when she sees Hajin and it's already dark. "What are you doing here?" Hajin asks. Eunbi looks around and gets more surprised when she sees Taekwang's house. She didn't know how she ends up here. "Are you looking for Taekwang?" Hajin asks again. "Ani, I'm just passing by" Eunbi quickly says. Hajin didn't believe her but she remains silent. "What are you doing here?" Eunbi asks back. "It's my house" Hajin points the house across Taekwang's house. "Ahh,, I see. Then, good night. I'll get going" Eunbi says. "Should I call a taxi for you?" Hajin says. "No need, I'll be fine" Eunbi says. "Ah ani, I insist! It's already late and if something happens to you, Taekwang will kill me" Hajin says. Eunbi laughs hearing that. They sit in front of Hajin's house waiting for the taxi. "Did something happen between you and Taekwang?" Hajin asks carefully. Eunbi looks hesitate to answer. "It's okay, you can tell me. Taekwang just called me ugly this afternoon. So, I'm on your side." Hajin says making Eunbi laughs. "I don't know. I'm confused with my own feeling" Eunbi says. "How can you tell if you like someone?" Eunbi asks. "When you're with that person, your heart beats so fast it can almost explode." Hajin thinks how she felt when Yian was around. "And, you'll miss him if he's not around." she continues. Eunbi stares at the street blankly. She start remembering how she felt when she's with Taekwang and when she's with Yian. Then the taxi came and Eunbi stands up follow by Hajin. "Thanks Hajin-a" Eunbi smiles. "Anytime" Hajin says.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

 

"I'm home" Eunbi walks into her house. Her mother and Eunbyul quickly run to her. "Ya! Where have you been? We're very worried" Eunbyul scolds her. Eunbi just gives a smile. "You must be tired. Go wash up and just go to bed" her mom says. Eunbyul takes her to their bedroom. Eunbyul wait for Eunbi in their bed. As soon as Eunbi finish washing Eunbyul stands up. "What happened?" Eunbyul asks. "I just need some time alone" Eunbi says. Eunbyul know there's something wrong but she didn't want to ask her again because Eunbi looks tired. "Just go to sleep" Eunbyul says.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

 

The next day at school

 

The class was noisy as always. Eunbi was talking with her sister, Shijin, and Songjoo. Taekwang as usual, "sleeping". Hajin with her book and Yian with his headphone. The other was chit chatting. They are all busy with their own activities, except for Moonbin. He sits on his chair with nothing to do. Then he remembers about the homework he ask hajin to do. He leans forward and taps Hajin's shoulder. "Hey chingu, where's my homework?" He whispers. Hajin opens her bag and takes out Moonbin's homework. She gives it to Moonbin without turning around. "Nice" Moonbin cheers. Just then the bell rings. The english teacher comes in. Then she asks the students to take out their homework. She checks every student row by row. It's Hajin's turn. "Waah, Kim Hajin. Your English is very good" she compliments her. "Thankyou miss" Hajin smiles. Then the teacher moves to Moonbin. "Open it!" She says. Moonbin open the page that she asked to do. The teacher expression doesn't look good. "Why is it empty?!" She asks. "I don't know" Moonbin panicked. "Do you think it vanished?" She asks. "I think so" he looks confused. "Aah!" Moonbin shouts when the teacher hit his head with her ruler. "Out, now! Stay outside until the lesson ends" she says. Hajin turns around to

 

Moonbin didn't come back after English lesson ended. Hajin keeps looking at his chair, behind her. "What are you looking?" Taekwang caught her. "Aah, nothing" Hajin says and turns around. She was curious of where did he go. "Taekwang," Hajin whispers. Taekwang looks at Hajin. "Where would you go if you didn't want to do a punishment?" she ask. Taekwang looks confused, he looks at Moonbin's chair and then at Hajin. Hajin knows what Taekwang was thinking, "Anii, I'm just asking. Why would I care about that gorilla? Forget it" Hajin says and then continue paying attention at the teacher. Taekwang looked at Hajin strangely.