Chapter 7: Surprise, Surprise

Beautiful Girl with Bad Luck and the Boy Who Saves Her

When she arrived, she was surprised to see a familiar person there. “Hello, beautiful.” Sungyeol said with his usual expression. “Oh, hello, Sungyeol-ssi.” She was confused as she entered the café. “Hehe, as I expected. That’s why you were saying goodbyes to Sunggyu-nim and other staffs.” He smiled. “You here for boss’ coffee, right?” He continued. She nodded as Sungyeol ordered someone to make Woohyun’s mochaccino.

“Why are you here, Sungyeol-ssi?” She started to ask after Sungyeol ushered her to sit at nearby table. “Why you ask? I’m the owner of this coffee shop.” He smirked.

“You’re the owner? Then why are you still working at Sunggyu-nim’s club?”

“Let’s just say it’s my payback to him. He helped me open this shop. Hehe.” He was chuckling as Chorong muttered, “Lucky guy.”

“So, Woohyun-nim knows you’re opening this coffee shop then.” She wondered.

“Yes, probably. I don’t know for sure.” He shrugged, then continued, “But I think I always serve his coffee just after I open this beautiful café.” He smiled.

“Ah, I see.” Chorong simply commented.

**

After more chatting and waiting for the coffee to be packed nicely, Chorong bade goodbye to Sungyeol and sent it directly to Woohyun.

“Ah, yes. Thank you. Now, please do your work. Remember to finish it before work hours ended.” Woohyun said before Chorong excused herself.

She finished the file an hour before work hours ended and Woohyun satisfied with her work. She felt relieved after coming out of Woohyun’s office. She thanked Eunji as she helped her so much and she promised to help her back more.

“Oh, Eunji-ssi. Are you going home alone?” Chorong asked, thinking that she could accompany her to the way home. “Ah, no, Chorong-ssi. My husband will come later.” She smiled. “I should introduce him to you, I think.” She hesitated.

“Oh, no need, Eunji-ssi.” Chorong felt burdened. “It’s best to keep that only in your mind.” She felt that Eunji is hesitated, probably it could make her jealous. She heard from someone that pregnant women tends to have emotional issues. She didn’t want herself to become the object for the couple to fight over mundane thing like a simple introduction.

“Ah, don’t worry. He’s kinda afraid to me.” Eunji chuckled. “I’m just hesitated because you might see my family in a bad way.” She paused for a while, and then continued, “He’s opening club, thanks to CEO-nim. And for some people, it’s not an achievement, but rather, a shame. So I was hesitated.”

“Oh?” She was surprised for a while first, before continued, “Don’t worry, Eunji-ssi. I was working in the club before working here.” She said as a matter of fact.

“Oh, really?” Eunji smiled. “You must be having a bad life before.” She frowned.

“Ah, yes” She looked down as she was sad, but didn’t want to show it to Eunji. “Thankfully, I met CEO-nim at the club, so I can get this job.” She tried to smile.

Eunji walked to her desk and patted her back to calm her down. “I’m sorry.” She apologized.

“Ah, no problem.” She smiled again.

Their time of was disrupted by Eunji’s phone, vibrating on her desk. “Oh, he must be on the way here.” She ran a little back to her desk and answered the phone call.

Chorong was packing her things as she heard Eunji is conversing on the phone. “Oh, honey. I’m still at my desk right now. Are you already arrived?”

Must be her husband’ Chorong wondered as she put her notebook to her bag.

“No, no. You don’t have to come upstairs, dear. I can go to lobby and you can pick me up there.” Eunji talked again.

A silence emerged as Chorong still checked her desk, if she was forgetting something.

“Ah, I see. Well, there’s someone I wanted to introduce to you, actually.” Eunji smiled at Chorong, prompting Chorong to sit at her desk and wait for her. “Uh huh, okay. I’ll wait you here.” Eunji hung up the phone call as she smiled again to Chorong.

“Can you wait a moment?” I want you to say hi to my husband.” She joyfully said. “He said he has something to talk to boss, so he goes up to this floor.” She then slowly cleaning her deks and put some files into her bag. “Hopefully you will like him. He will ask for a lot of your helps in the future.” Eunji mumbled as Chorong helped her to clean up. “Ah, yes. Yes.” Chorong smiled.


A/N: Sorry for the late update, it should be posted yesterday, but I was so tired that I even don't change my clothes before sleeping lol.

Anyway, this is the first surprise. Sungyeol has double job. The second surprise is, of course, Eunji's husband. Can you guess who he is? Please drop comment below.

I welcome new readers and subscribers. Commenting help me to remind that I have obligation to keep writing and updating this story, hehe. Otherwise, I will only open AFF for reading only hehehe.

And to end this author notes, I want to apologize for the short chapters I've been posting. but at least I'm updating right? Hehe.

Have a nice day!