Chapter 11: Dense

Beautiful Girl with Bad Luck and the Boy Who Saves Her

Chorong already worked for a month. What are things that slightly different from her first day? Well, Eunji’s tummy got a little bit bigger, and sometime she’s sensitive to smells. Woohyun still with his professional face toward Chorong, and she was already accompanied him to lunch meeting with client in her third week. Eunji’s mood changing phase made Woohyun needed to substitute her with Chorong immediately.

Luckily Chorong was okay with that. Actually it’s always three of them who went to meet clients or guests, but Chorong just only observed and took care of Eunji, as Sunggyu was nagging to both Woohyun and Chorong about Eunji’s not taking care of herself.

Eunji herself also told Chorong that she couldn’t teach Chorong anymore. As she was always not in good condition, she also didn’t have any more to teach and told Chorong to learn by doing.

Overall, Chorong’s work life was better and her first salary was dedicated to family’s daily need (although her mom saved some to her account, discreetly).

**

“How’s work, Chorong-ssi?” One time, both Eunji and Chorong met Naeun, secretary from HRD department.

“Oh, it’s nice, Eunji-ssi helped me a lot.” Chorong replied politely.

“Oh, Chorong-ssi. Please be comfortable toward me. Especially I’m younger and your position is also higher than me.” Naeun smiled and started to eat her lunch.

“Ah, yes. Naeun-ssi.” Chorong lowered her tone a bit, but still using formal words.

“Let her, Naeunnie.” Eunji said while playing with her food. “She’s just being herself. Meeting her every day for one month made me know how she is like.” She then scooped her food to .

“Ah, really, unnie? How’s she like?” Naeun started to dig some information.

“She’s just a polite person and honor everyone’s opinion, Naeun-ssi.” A man’s voice suddenly answering her. All of the girls were surprised and looked at the source. “Oh, Sungyeol oppa.” Eunji happily welcomed him.

“I’m sorry if I surprised all of you.” Sungyeol smiled.

“How’s your date with Namjoo yesterday?” Eunji was too excited to see him.

“Ah, Chorong-ssi knows her, Eunji-ya. You ruin the surprise.” He simply chuckled. “But it was good, the date." he continued.

“Who is he?” Naeun whispered to Chorong, while Eunji and Sungyeol talked to each other.

“He’s the owner of the coffee shop in second floor.” Chorong simply said before drinking her water.

“Oh, KSY coffee shop.” Naeun said. “Wait, he said you know her date.” Naeun always looked for more information.

“Yeah, he’s also working as barista at Eunji’s husband’s club and I once worked at that club.” Chorong didn’t cover up her past, especially Naeun was already close enough to her.

“Oh, that’s why.” Naeun muttered.

“And you must be Naeun-ssi, Woohyun’s company gossip resident.” Sungyeol funnily remarked her.

“Ahahaha, yeah. I’m that Naeun. Nice to meet you.” Naeun awkwardly said.

“Oh, you don’t know me? Sometimes I see you waiting for someone at my shop.” Sungyeol started.

“Oh, really?” Naeun gulped, because her secret will be exposed soon.

“Oh, yeah, really. You always there every time work hours ended.” Sungyeol added and smirked.

“Ah, she’s in love.” Eunji stated, which making Naeun choked by her own food.

“What? Eii, I don’t feel like that.” Naeun dodged, after drinking.

“Oh, yeah, whatever. He’s a cool guy. Talk to him few times. He’s good.” Sungyeol said plainly.

“Do you have his name?” Eunji asked.

Sungyeol wanted to answer, but forced to shut up by Naeun’s hand. Eunji and Chorong laughed as Sungyeol was struggling to let off Naeun.

After few minutes of reconciliation between Naeun and Sungyeol, he tried to pick another victim.

“So, Chorong-ssi. How’s Woohyun to you?” He said it to Chorong.

“Hm? He’s a good boss.” Chorong plainly said.

“Oh nothing happened?” Sungyeol asked, while Eunji smirked to him, understanding the meaning of the questions.

“Nothing happened.” Chorong simply said.

“Don’t you find that boss is handsome enough, Chorong-ssi?” Naeun asked, helping Sungyeol.

Eunji chuckled as Chorong creased her eyebrows for the sudden question.

“Uh, I think he’s handsome.” She plainly answered.

“Hm, that’s new.” Eunji reacted to her answer.

“What’s wrong with her? Plainly answering all of my questions. Something happened at top floor, Eunji-ya?” Sungyeol scratched his not-so-itchy head. As he was confused by Chorong’s reaction.

“Well, nothing that I know of.” Eunji said while rubbing her tummy.

“Oh, I forgot. You are now rarely accompany boss to meet clients.” Naeun said.

“Yeah, that’s true. Some of my job was taken by Chorong few days ago. I mainly work with documents lately.” Eunji told Naeun and Sungyeol.

“Wait, wait. What have I done that make all of you asking me about boss?” Chorong suddenly asked.

Sungyeol chuckled, while Eunji was just smiling toward her. “You don’t know yet, Chorong-ssi? There is a rumor that boss is currently close to a girl.” Naeun started. “Probably Sungyeol thought it’s you, remembering the story of how you and boss met before.” Eunji added.

“Oh, really? That’s why boss always chuckling when he checks his phone.” Chorong muttered.

All of them, besides Chorong, was looking at each other as Chorong still telling the fact about Woohyun’s habit of checking his phone lately.

“Oh, you know the girl?” Naeun asked, out of curiosity.

“I don’t know. I rarely hold boss’ phone. Sometimes he kept it when we meet a client. Even if I hold it, the lockscreen is just showing his parent's home.” Chorong answered.

“Strange. He usually throw the phone at me.” Eunji stated.

“Well, sorry, Naeun-ssi. I can’t help you with boss’ privacy.” Chorong put a fake sad face. “I think I need to go. I remember that I need to print some material for boss before the afternoon meeting.” Chorong took her tray and left them after bowing slightly.

After she was out of hearing range, Eunji was chuckled and Sungyeol was banging his head toward the table. “She’s too dense. I can’t hold it anymore.” He said.

“What do you mean by that, Sungyeol-ssi?” Naeun asked.

“Oh, you heard the rumor as you said, The girl is actually her.” Sungyeol told Naeun.

Naeun’s jaw dropped, hearing the fact that Woohyun was actually wanted to get closer to Chorong.

“That’s why she got the job, Naeun-ah.” Eunji added as a matter of fact.

“So, boss’ girl, is HER!?” Naeun shouted.

“Sshh.” Sungyeol; calmed her. “No need to make a big fuss over it.” Sungyeol calmed her.

“But, why?” Naeun asked.

“And what’s wrong with you, Naeun-ah?” Eunji was confused at her reaction.

“Me being his fans since high school.” Naeun started. “His style has changed much far than before.” Naeun faked a sob before Eunji smacked her head.

“What’s wrong with ‘his fans’ and his style of girl?” Eunji snorted. “I’m also so-called his fans with you since high school, too.” Eunji started. “But we need to help him reach what he wants.” Naeun nodded at Eunji’s word.

“Her con is only one, Naeun-ssi.” Sungyeol butted in. “It’s her denseness. Her apathy towards love.”

“Hope we can open her heart. It’s been a long time that I see Woohyun oppa excited to come working and jumbling through clients.” Eunji said.

All three of them then sighed before continuing talk and saying goodbye to each other.


A/N: Here's your update. Hope you like it.

Myungsoo will come up in this chapter. As this is kinda office themed, probably you can suggest other character to be in a department, then let me check if that character can be inserted to the story.

Any other suggestion? Please comment below. Much appreciated and I will reply as much as I can/ Sorry if i'm not replying, for sometimes the comment just...you know hehehe. Be more active and stay healthy guys and girls.

Have a nice day!