Chapter 3: Mesmerized

Beautiful Girl with Bad Luck and the Boy Who Saves Her

Woohyun’s thought was disturbed by a knock, which continued with door opening. It was Namjoo, who was coming for the service order. “You called for service, sir?” Namjoo asked. “You know her right?” Woohyun pointed to the singing Chorong. Namjoo was mesmerized, because she was singing a y song, and her vocal was not bad either. “Ehm. You know her right?” Woohyun asked again after seeing Namjoo was too amazed to her unnie. “Oh yes sir, I’m sorry. Yes sir, I know her.” She smiled as she saw that the man in front of him was a bit gentleman and from the situation in the room, she didn’t think that the man would do “things” to Chorong.

“Do you know her favorite drink?” Woohyun asked Namjoo. Namjoo was flustered but anyway answered, “As far as I remember, she doesn’t like alcohol, sir.”

“Ah I see.” Woohyun was thinking what to order. “Bring me 2 Coke and 2 sparkling water.” Namjoo wrote down the order. “Do you want some snack, sir?” She was doing the protocol. “Well, bring your recommended snack here.” He didn’t know what the club selling as he rarely ordered snack. “Sure, one Snack Set I for you, sir.” She wrote down more before saying, “Do you want to order something else, sir?”

“No, I think it’s enough.” He saw Chorong still singing the song. “You can go now. Oh and tell Sungyeol, this drink is too sweet. He’s putting too much syrup, I think.”

“Yes, sir. I’ll tell him.” Namjoo left to take the order. After leaving the room, she rushed to the kitchen first, then the bar, to give the order. “Oppa, you made the drink too sweet.”

“What?” Sungyeol confused. “What drink?” He said while taking four glasses from the shelves. “That guy’s drink, the one with Chorong unnie right now.”

“Oh, him. Tell him I’m sorry. And tell them sparkling water is service from me.” Sungyeol calmly said as he held a glass that was poured with Coke.

“So, he’s good looking.” Namjoo said suddenly. “Oh yeah, he is.” Sungyeol indifferently said while holding the second Coke glass. “I wonder if Chorong unnie knows what he intends to do to her.”

“What do you mean?” Sungyeol creased his eyebrows. “Um, you know. That.” Namjoo sighed. Sungyeol was chuckled as he finished pouring water to the glasses. “Don’t worry, dear. Woohyun won’t do anything. He’s a gentleman, with dignity. And remember, Chorong has hapkido belt.” He put the drinks on Namjoo’s tray. “Now go.” Namjoo was going before Sungyeol stopped her, “Oh, and give him this.” He wrote something on a napkin then gave it to Namjoo. “Go. And don’t forget to come back, I need my dose of you.” Namjoo put a glare face before walking away from laughing Sungyeol.

Namjoo served the drinks one minute later, and also gave Woohyun Sungyeol’s message on napkin. Namjoo bowed before got out from the room as Woohyun checked the message on the napkin. ‘I don’t put any sweetener on your earlier drink. Maybe it’s just your mouth want to say something sweet to Chorong-ssi’ was written on the napkin. He choked on his drink after reading Sungyeol’s writing.

“Oh, are you okay?” Chorong said when she finished the song and back to the where Woohyun sat. She helped him patted his back before Woohyun said, “I’m okay, just choked.” He smiled and continued, “You want to sing again?” She shook her head, feeling shy because she suddenly touched him without his permission. “Oh, okay.” He felt awkward at her reaction and then started to scan song book.

“What genre you want me sing?” He smiled again to her after seeing some of his favorite songs were in the list. “Up to you, sir.” She replied, with a forced smile, as she was feeling unpleasant at his smile. “Hmm, okay. Ballad then.” He entered the song’s number on the karaoke machine and started to stand up.

‘Sung Si Kyung – Every Moment of You’ was showing on the screen as the slow music came from the speaker. Chorong saw him taking a deep breath while the intro music was playing. When he sang, Chorong was surprised and a little bit eerie as his voice was very good and his high notes also not off the beat. For now, she was amazed and when Woohyun saw her on the interlude, her eyes twinkling and Woohyun felt he did the good job choosing this song.

At the end of the song, Chorong did standing ovation to laughing Woohyun. “Why you clap like a sea lion?” He said to her. “Wow, you are so great.” She was still amazed to his voice. “Your voice…are you a famous ballad singer?”

“No, I’m not, Miss. I’m just a mere businessman who love to sing ballad songs.” He smiled once again. “Now, you want to sing another song, or we just talk?” Chorong already forgot that she was supposed to entertain this special guess. But, she thought again about what Sunggyu said before, don’t worry, he just want to know you. Sungyeol also said that Woohyun only wanted to know her more. And he seemed not really ert of something, trying to maintain his eyes to her face, but still shy to do eye contact.

“Um, hello?” He waved his hand in front of her face. “Oh, oh. Let’s sing one more. I think my shift will be end in few minutes.” She said as she watched the clock on the screen. “Oh, really?” He saw his watch, showing that the day almost end. ‘Wow, I almost forgot time passed. Must be her magic’ He thought while she was looking excitedly at the songs’ book. “Let’s do duet, sir.” She politely asked as she still turn over the book’s page. “Sure.”

“What song do you want to sing?” Woohyun asked her as Chorong flipped some pages of songs list’s book. She pretended not to hear Woohyun as she found the song’s code and started to input the numbers. “Oh, this song. Are you sure?” Woohyun smirked to her. “Sure, why not?” She smirked back before started to sing. The song was ‘What I Want to Do If I Have A Lover’ by G.Na and Rain. He was chuckling at her choice, because the song’s lyrics seems suitable to their situation. For himself, he wanted to date her and take her to romantic places. But he realized that this girl was not an easy girl. He saw something gloomy in her eyes. Her gesture sometimes emanated sorrow feeling. ‘It must be her family’s condition’ Woohyun thought, remembering Sunggyu’s remark about her.

His train of thoughts stopped as it’s near his part of the sing. Once again Chorong was amazed and her eyes was twinkling, when she heard him singing. She never knew there was a man that can be so elegant while singing. She also felt comfortable by his voice. ‘Do I fall in love with him?’ she thought. She shook her head as she threw that thought before continued to sing her part again.

After they finished the song, they became quiet. While Chorong hesitated to start conversation with him, Woohyun just didn’t want to let her go as soon as possible. Minutes of awkwardness ensued in the room, but then stopped when there were knocks from someone outside, followed by a door opening. Sungyeol entering the room with a smirk. He was already on his casual suit, meaning that Chorong’s shift was already over and she needed to go home.

“Sorry, boss. Time’s up.” He said to Woohyun first, then went to Chorong. “You, Chorong-ssi. You need to go back to staff’s room. It’s already past your shift” Chorong instantly stood up and bowed to Woohyun. While Chorong walked toward the exit, Sungyeol continued, “And you, Woohyun-ssi. You can meet her again tomorrow night.” Chorong put angry face toward Sungyeol before really exiting the room, while Woohyun just rolled his eyes as he also stood up and fix his clothes. “Ah, I almost forgot. Sunggyu-nim needs you at his usual spot.” Sungyeol added before leaving the room.


A/N: So sorry for late. Something came up and I just got home at 11pm, and I just remember that i need to post this haha. right now it's a quarter to three a.m. and I don't think I can't sleep if I don't post the updates.

Anyway, in this update, it's about singing. I decided to put some unusual songs to the story, especially Sung Si Kyung's one. If you don't know, it's 'You Who Came From The Stars' OST, google it, you will find it easily. And it's hard to find a normal Korean duet song, so I think G.Na and Rain's song is kinda overused in this fanfiction world hehe. No comment on Sunmi's though, just thought it when writing the story.

Although I already wrote a lot here, I won't be giving any teasers, because I don't transfer it digitally. Yes, I wrote the story to a notebook, and I think it's already far enough, but I'm still looking for a time to put it into MS Word. Hopefully the story progresses well.

Hm? What again to talk? I already know that most of my readers in my previous story didn't comment much, so I don't know what to comment either. You can comment about adding character that is not from Apink or Infinite, adding a new idea, anything. I will gladly accept it. I won't reply much on those who comment 'update more', I told you, this story will be updated every Tuesday GMT +7, not in specific time. So, be patient and always make a better comment :D

And for the ending of this author's babbling, I want to thank to new subscribers for subscribing this story. Hope you like the update guys. See you next week!