Chapter 5: Rejection?

Beautiful Girl with Bad Luck and the Boy Who Saves Her

“Oh, my eyes hurt” joked Sungyeol, when Woohyun came into his bar. “Not funny, Sungyeol-ah.” Woohyun flatly said. His eyes were already scouring the club, especially in the dancer section. Today’s dancer costume was cheongsam. “Looking for her, boss?” Sungyeol was smirking. Woohyun pretended not to hear him and said, “Make my usual, Yeol-ah.”

Finally, he found her, dancing in front of the crowd. “Here, boss. She’s sure pretty today.” Sungyeol gave his drink and looked at the same view as Woohyun’s. “Indeed. She’s pretty.” He simply said, before sipped his drink. Several minutes later, she realized that Woohyun eyeing her for afar. He waved at her when her eyes met his. She bowed slightly before stopped dancing and took a break.

Woohyun tidied up his clothes as Chorong walked toward Sungyeol’s bar. Sungyeol was chuckling at Woohyun’s doing. “Hello, sir. Enjoying the night, sir?” Chorong greeted him in polite tone. “Oh yes, of course” He smiled. He actually was mesmerized by her y appearance, but still kept his calm, in case she would be offended if he did that. He also kept his eyes to her face so Chorong couldn’t see him as ert.

Somehow Chorong felt safe. They were talking about trivial things to break the ice. They still awkward, but Chorong saw that Woohyun kept his manner and calmness, despite the alcohol he drank and Chorong’s costume she wore right now. Then Chorong remembered what she wanted to say to him. She saw Sungyeol was busy accepting orders from a bunch of ladies who just came in, so she tried to relax and start talking.

“I’m sorry sir. I know you must be busy. I’m actually asking you to come her, to ask if I can apply job for your company.” She said, still with polite tone. Woohyun’s smile was fading for a mere second because of Chorong’s request, but then he tried to smile again and said, “Sure, what can I do for you?”

“Well, I can apply as secretary or something similar, sir. I need new job because I still have to support my two younger sisters.’ She honestly said. “For daily life, thanks to your payment last time, my family and I can stock some food and other needs for a few months. But lately my sisters’ school raise monthly fee and they also need to buy books and utensils.” She explained. “You probably heard about my family from my boss.” She finished as she looked at Woohyun so calm, and not surprised at all.

“I don’t know much about your family, but Sunggyu mentioned something about ‘good girl with bad luck’, so I imagined something like that would happen.” He said. He felt pity toward her, although he still a little bit disappointed to her for not being honest on the phone. “I’ll make a phone call right now. Wait here.” He scooped out his phone and made a call while still looking at her.

“Hello. Yes, it’s me. Do we have a vacant position? Especially in secretary position.” He started to say to the other person on the phone. He saw Chorong was playing her finger while listening to his HRD director. “Oh, yes, I forget.” He facepalmed himself, before continuing, “Yes, of course. I asked that. You know my reason, right?”

Chorong heard a vague laugh from his phone. Then after hearing cone more, Woohyun said, “Okay, I’ll send someone tomorrow. I think she will fit well to your specification.” Then he hung up the phone and said to Chorong, “Done. But I can’t help you much on the interview. The man is so strict, even he interviewed his ex-boss’ son before he works in the company.” He chuckled at that past event. She smiled and said, “Thank you, sir. I owe you one.”

“Yes, yes. Now, tell Sunggyu, you need to go home. Tomorrow you need to come at 9 a.m. sharp. Meet Mr. Lee on HRD department. Someone will you in the front desk.” He said, giving orders to her all of sudden. His flat tone when he gave order was noticed by her. And somehow, it made her felt sad all of sudden.

“Yes, sir. Once again, thank you, sir.” She said while bowing. He finished up his drink and said, “Well, I hope I see you tomorrow. I need to go now, I think I have morning meeting.” He said while leaving something under the glass. “Good night, boss.” Sungyeol shouted as he took the money from under the glass and Woohyun replied with a wave from a far.

“You know. You just broke someone heart.” Sungyeol said as he took used glasses near surprised Chorong. “Who? You?” she asked indifferently. “Not me. That guy.”

“You mean Woohyun-ssi?” She asked again.

“Yes, dumb. Him.” He said it simple and left her dumbfounded, wondering the meaning of it.

She was too dense to see that Woohyun was interested in her. Sungyeol rolled his eyes as he was looking at Chorong, walking toward the staff room. “She needs dating counselor.” He said.


A/N: Update! Sorry if it's late.

short one before we go to the a little bit drama and of course, other PinkFinite's appearance.

Still thinking how to put others in this story. You guys have any idea? you can leave on the comment below.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day!