Chapter 4: Chance

Beautiful Girl with Bad Luck and the Boy Who Saves Her

He walked toward Sunggyu’s spot in the club. “You need me?” Woohyun said while taking a sear beside Sunggyu.

“Yes, happy?” He asked back.

“What do you mean by that?” Woohyun said indifferently, while checking his phone. It past midnight, he thought.

“Well about payment….”

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll pay.” Woohyun cut. “Okay then.” Sunggyu shrugged then sipped his beer. “And you bring any of your cards today?”

“You mean my business cards?”

“Yeah.” Sunggyu answered. Woohyun checked his wallet and found some. “Here, what do you want to do with it?”

“What else? To give it to one of my staff.” Sunggyu said nonchalantly.

“Who? Why?” Woohyun confused.

“Let’s just say I want to see you succeeded at getting a date. That’s all.” Sunggyu pocketed the card as he continued to sip his beer.

“Oh, I see. And why should you help me out?”

“Just because.”

“Really? This is not like the usual you, hyung.”

“Yeah, it’s true. And it’s because you are not like the usual you too, today.”

“And what do you mean by that?”

“Well, since I know you for years, I never see you with a girl, and also never talk about any girls. This is the first time.” Sunggyu said with serious tone.

“That’s because I’m busy and most of my opposite-gender colleagues are either married or not interested in me.” Woohyun defended.

“But you never tried harder to date a woman, Woohyun-ah.” Sunggyu argued.

The man in question couldn’t argue anymore, as it was a sad fact of his life. Although he was a normal guy, work and his environment made him felt apathetic to dating and married issues. At the same time, his elders didn’t mind about him not getting married soon.

“Well, as you get quiet all of the sudden, it seems that I’m right.” Sunggyu confirmed his prediction. “I want to give you a chance, as this time you are really interested, and Chorong is a good girl, with a bad luck.” He continued. Then he took Woohyun’s card name. “This thing will connect you to her.” He pocketed again and continued, “You will be a great help to her life. I hope you help her out from her misery.” He patted before leaving him dumbfounded.

He tried to understand Sunggyu’s words earlier, while walking to the parking lot. As he inserted his car key, he wondered, “Bad luck. What is the meaning of it? And why I’m going to be a great help to her?” He wondered enough until he remembered her beautiful face and then smiling without reason.

**

Meanwhile, Chorong just finished changing her clothes, while Namjoo came into ladies staff room. “Unnie, here’s from boss. I’m going to change now.” She said while handing her a business card.

‘Nam Woohyun, CEO of Muhan Company’, she read. In the back, there was a writing,

‘Please contact him if you are really interested. P.S. He can help you, Chorong-ssi. -KSG’

‘From boss’ she thought. ‘What is this? A chance to fix my family fortune?’ She asked herself as she went out from the club’s backdoor. She walked through night as she still wondered about chances she would get. She actually admitted that Woohyun as charming and also a gentleman. He also had a great voice, which Chorong thought as his main charm to her. She just hesitated because she was in a poor family, and he was in better family. She felt that his family must wanted a girl with better background than her. She sighed at her thoughts as she arrived at her house. All of her family were already slept so she quietly washed up and went to sleep afterwards.

Next few days were usual for both of them, although Woohyun seemed a little bit happier and rarely got mad when his employees made mistakes. He also became livelier toward his colleagues and clients, which prompted his secretary to ask, “You look a little bit happier than before, sir.” He was surprised, but then smiling to her and said, “Yes, I feel happy because of something.” The secretary just nodded as formal reaction. Although she was curious, she felt that it will not be necessary to find his source of happiness. “If you need anything, please call the intercom, sir.” She left after Woohyun finished signing the papers. Woohyun smiled until she left. ‘I think it’s because of her.’ He thought before checking more paperwork.

Meanwhile Chorong just being her hardworking self. She got her payment in the morning after her meeting with Woohyun. She used it to clear some debts and bought daily needs that can be stocked for a long time. Her mom was very curious on how she got the money to do those. She explained it with, “A rich guy gave it to me.”

“From boss?” Her mom still didn’t satisfy with the answer. “No, his friend.” She was putting some things in the cabinet. And that prompted her mom to ask, “You sold your body!?”

Chorong was putting disgusted face as she answered, “Hell no!” Her mom sighed relieved and Chorong continued, “He only asked me to accompany him singing. And that’s that.” She said with exciting tone. “Do you know the guy?” Her mom asked. “Yes, a boss from a company.” She remembered the card that Sunggyu gave to her. Her mom put a silent ‘O’ as she continued, “But I think he’s same age as Sunggyu-nim, he said he’s boss’ close friend and even tried to negotiated the payment to boss.” She tried to remember more. Her mom then said, “Well, okay. As long as you don’t do anything stupid and tell me honestly about it, I don’t mind about the money.” Chorong just nodded as she helped her mom finished lunchboxes for her younger sisters.

**

He was resting on his apartment when a phone call came. He was lazy to answer, as usually it was annoying clients or his colleagues begging to accept their projects, so he let it be. Then, after the phone ring stopped, a message notification ring came.

If you aren’t’ busy, please call this number. Chorong.

His eyes were bulged out as he read the message few times to confirm it. After that, he decided to call the number.

“Hello.” Sweet voice came from the other line. “Oh yes, Chorong-ssi?” he replied.

“Yes, I am. Sorry if I’m disturbing you, sir.” She said with a worried tone. “Oh don’t worry. I’m just resting here.” He replied. Then it was an awkward silence for few seconds. He broke the silence and said, “So, what’s up?”

“Oh just asking if you have time tomorrow night.” She said carefully. “Tomorrow night? You have work?” He asked. “Yes I have work tomorrow night.”

“Oh I see. What do you want me to do?”

“Oh, probably like last time. I have to talk to you about something.” She still using careful tone.

“Oh, okay. I’ll come to the bar tomorrow night.” He said with exciting tone. Then they decided the time to meet and hung up. He was jumping happily as he saved her number. He wondered what clothes e should wear for tomorrow nights. He left sleeping, smiling as he couldn’t wait for his meeting with her tomorrow.

Meanwhile Chorong felt relieved as she was being so careful. Actually she wanted to ask directly. Her situation now was that her father got less passenger lately, and her sisters’ education’s needs became more expensive than before. Her salary on the club couldn’t afford that much longer, prompting her to ask Woohyun. She luckily saw his business card while tidying up her bag yesterday. She thought she could work at his company as secretary or something, which made higher salary. That’s why she wanted to ask Woohyun about that, but felt it would be rude to ask him over the phone.


A/N: Hello, this is your update today. I almost forgot that this is Tuesday.

So, from four chapters, what do you think about the story? Anything I should add, beside the appearance of other members of APink and Infinite? In the next two chapters, there will be two more members that will be added. Next chapter, I think it will be a short update.

Hm, nothing can be added right now. I think I should write more of the story in my book, hehehe. Have a nice day!