Chapter 13: Gifts

Beautiful Girl with Bad Luck and the Boy Who Saves Her

double update, pls check previous chapter first.


 

Few days later

“Hi, Eunji-ssi.” Chorong said after arriving to her desk. “Hm. Flower again?” She mumbled as she saw the flowers on her desk.

“Yes, dear. Another bouquet of flowers from your secret admired.” Eunji schuckled as she got closer to Chorong’s desk.

“Let me see what he’s writing today.” Said Eunji as she took the letter that was on the top of the bouquet.

Dear Chorong

Do you know why you always get flowers every day?

Because everytime I see those flowers in the florist, it always reminded me of you. Pretty and colorful, just like you.

Hope you like my flowers.

Your secret admirer.

“Ow, so cheesy.” Eunji snorted. Chorong only put her stoic, flat face when she heard Eunji reading the letter.

“Um, Eunji-ssi.” Chorong said. “Yes, dear?” Eunji replied.

“Um…” Chorong hesitated, but then continue, “Um, what is this all about?” She asked.

 “Oh dear, you enlight my morning today.” Eunji laughed at Chorong’s question.

“Um, something worng?” Chorong was confused by Eunji’s reaction.

“You, it’s you that’s wrong.” Chorong became more confused at Eunji’s answer.

“Someone wants to ask you to date, Chorong-ssi.” Eunji said, chuckling again because Chorong’s denseness was well known to her.

“Ah, I see.” Chorong flatly reacted.

“Hm?” Eunji was surprised at Chorong’s flat tone.

The atmosphere was quiet because Eunji waited for Chorong’s explanation but Chorong just worked on a presentation for today’s daily meeting.

“Don’t you feel excited, Chorong-ssi?” Eunji asked.

“For what? I don’t think it’s my birthday today.” Chorong said plainly.

“Hm. Strange.” Eunji mumbled, before the elevator’s bell rang, sounding that someone came to the top floor.

“Morning everyone.” Woohyun showed up and stopped by before entering his office.

“Hello boss.” Eunji cheerily answered, while Chorong just bowed to him.

“Oh, a bouquet. For me?” Woohyun asked.

“No it’s not for you.” Eunji rolled her eyes and continued, “Who want to send you bouquet of flower? You’re a man.”

Woohyun laughed. “I thought it was for me. If it’s not, then Sunggyu must sent you this. How sweet of him.”

“Do you think that hamster would send me things like this? Even I rarely get wake-up kiss from him.” Eunji snorted. Woohyun laughed again and told Chorong, “Night club owner can’t do romanting things to his wife. Note that in your mind, Chorong-ssi. Someday, he will ask you something about anniversary gift or event.”

Chorong just nodded and said, “This files for morning meeting.”

“Oh, yes. Thank you, Chorong-ssi.” Woohyun said and started to check the files.

Before entering his office, Woohyun said, “You’re such a lucky woman, Chorong-ssi. I hope you have good luck with the man who sent you the flower”

After Woohyun entered the office, Eunji said, “Wow, how deep.”

“Hm yes.” Chorong indifferently answered.

“Hm okay.” Eunji followed her tone and started to do her works.

Meanwhile in the office

Woohyun didn’t go straight to his hesk. He leaned against door and tried to decipher Chorong’s reaction.

“Did she like it?” He said to himself.

“She doesn’t seem to like flower.” He said again.

“Nothing happy about her lately. She seems…usual.” He sighed.

“I should stop the flower sending starting tomorrow.” He said again before walking to her desk.

**

“Morning, Eunji-ssi.” Chorong said, walking to her desk in another morning at the office. “Morning, Chorong-ssi.” Eunji brightly answered.

“There’s something on your desk today. And it’s not flower like two days ago.” She continued.

Chorong checked her desk, promptly seeing that there’s only a thing that was different from yesterday. It’s a chocholate. With a simple post-it note that was attached to the chocholate. “Enjoy” She read.

“Before you ask,” Eunji said, “I really doin’t know who send it.” She smiled to Chorong then continue to meddle at her desk.

She was flipping the note, checking for signature, makr, or something that she can recognize. She knew that the writer was the one as the one who sent those flowers. Same writing type that she memorized enough.

“Will you eat the chocolate?” Eunji disturbed her train of thought. “You know, I’m craving for chocolate all of the sudden.” She said, prompting Chorong to chuckle. “We can share, Eunji-ssi.”

While eating the chocolate and talking about Eunji’s pregnancy progress, Woohyun came. Seeing that Chorong smiling made him happy, although he knew that Chorong shared the chocholate, because he could see Eunji munching the chocolate.

“Hello girls.” Woohyun said as he put his professional face.

“Hello boss.” Both of them replied while Chorong went back to her desk to give Woohyun usual documents.

“Follow me, Chorong-ssi. Let’s discuss these documents and today’s schedule.” Woohyun assertively said.

“And you, Eunji-yah,” Woohyun stopped for a while, “Please eat some mints because your breath is full of chocolate.”

“Sure boss.” Eunji chuckled as Chorong checked her breath before following her CEO’s steps.


A/N: Hello everyone, double update as promised. This time is about Woohyun tried to win Chorong's heart by giving gifts. I hope you enjoy it.

Any questions or suggestions? Please leave it to the comment section below.

Question of the Chapter: "Who do you want to be the third party (between Chorong and Woohyun) for the story?" Please answer it on comment section below.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

P.S. I cannot promise on when to update after this. I'm currently writing the next chapter and I think I need one more chapter before typing it into my laptop. Patient is the key to my stories :P