Chapter 1: Captivated

Beautiful Girl with Bad Luck and the Boy Who Saves Her

“Hello boss. How are you today?” the bartender, Lee Sungyeol, said when Nam Woohyun came to his part of bar counter. “I’m not your boss, and no one boss.” Woohyun replied sarcastically as he took sit in front of him. “Give me usual, Sungyeol.” He added as he scoured his view around the club.

“But, Woohyun, look at you now. You are a successful owner of a lot of companies. Why you don’t want to be called boss?” Sungyeol said while making the drink for Woohyun. “I’m trying to be simple and humble, Yeol-ah. My money is nothing when I want to look for love.” Woohyun put his nonsense argument, making Sungyeol rolled his eyes.

He was regular at the club, because it was his friend’s and some of the worker were also his friends, for example the fussy Lee Sungyeol who always making his favorite drink. That’s why he was very comfortable in the club. The club was opened several months ago. His friend, who was the owner of the club, invited him to grand opening of the club. The atmosphere and situation was not very crowded, even though there were lots of people came, the place made him calm. Then every time he had time to go, he went to the club, just to drink and talk to everyone he could talk to. Most of the staffs knew him only in one month, but sometimes he didn’t come to the club for a long time to do business trip, like right now. He’s just came from business trip in Japan for a month.

After minutes of shaking and mixing, his drink was served. While sipping his drink, Woohyun looked to the dancing girls’ section of the club. The dancing girls were using white, almost transparent, long sleeve t-shirt with colorful bra inside. Then he saw an unfamiliar girl, surrounded by hungry erts who also recognized her as new face in the club. He looked to other girls, who was dancing ily, while taking money that was thrown into her. But he was only captivated to the new girl, as he never saw other girls as beautiful as her. Her long, black hair. Her chubby face. Her thin lips. Her voluptuous body. And her y dances. All of them captivated Woohyun, as he couldn’t let his eyes off of her.

“Who’s that new face?” He asked Sungyeol, who was wiping glass. “Oh, are you sick, Woohyun-ah?” He put the glass down as he looked at the crowded part of the club. “What’s with that question? I’m not sick.” Woohyun sipped his drink again. “Ah, I thought you were sick. It’s rare to see you asking about the girls here.” Woohyun still looked to the girl in question. Sungyeol pinched his eyes to see the girl in question more clearly. “Oh, her. Yeah, new face indeed. Just came in few weeks ago. I think you were on business trip at that time.” He’s back into wiping glass again.

“I need name, stupid.” Woohyun was impatient, the girl was very goddess-like to him. He couldn’t lose his chance to meet and know her more. “Oh, you are really interested, eh? Sungyeol put the glass and start to write something on the napkin. “I only know her name, you have to ask the boss to know more details. You know where he is.” He winked to Woohyun as he gave the written napkin to him. “Thanks, man. I owe you one. I need to meet him, too. Wondering how he’s doing nowadays.” He chuckled a bit as he put some bill below his glass and waved to his friend.

While walking to the VIP spot of the club, he saw the napkin that Sungyeol gave. It’s written ‘Park Chorong’, with P.S in the back. He opened the fold on the napkin and read it. “Damn that ert guy.” Woohyun sighed. It was written ‘P.S. She’s a ’.

After few bumps and saying hi to some known staffs, he saw the boss. Kim Sunggyu, the owner of this club and also Woohyun’s bestfriend. “Hello, bro.” Woohyun said casually. Sunggyu was surprised as he was looking at other side, checking if everything was alright. “Are you okay, man? You’re like seeing a ghost you know.” Woohyun laughed at Sunggyu’s pale face.

“Oh, it’s you.” Sunggyu calmed down for a bit before continued. “Well, hello cassanova.” He smirked. “How’s business trip? Got laid to beautiful exotic ladies there?” He smirked more, making his eyes became unseen.

“Open your eyes, old man.” Woohyun smacked his cheek softly as he laughed at the teasing. “I met only businessmen and businesswomen there, so no sleeping with anybody.” He waved his hand lazily. “Anyway, cut the chit chat here. I see that you have a new girl here.” He said while giving the napkin to Sunggyu.

“Oh yes, she is.” Sunggyu wrinkled his forehead when he saw the name on the napkin. “Are you sick, Woohyun-ah?” He continued after giving back the napkin. “Why are you asking the same question as Sungyeol?” Woohyun asked. “Nothing, nothing.” He avoided him and tell basic things about her. “As you know, her name is Park Chorong. Age similar to us. Once upon a time, she asked to work here. As she’s good at y dance when I asked her in her interview, I accepted her. I guess she has problem with her family, seeing her always in sad mood before going home.” He explained.

“You have her contact?” Woohyun calmly asked, which prompting Sunggyu to smack his head hard. “You think I’m a pimp?” He fumed. “And as you know, Sungyeol’s writing inside the napkin fold is correct, Woohyun-ah. Don’t play with her. I know you have some sort of gentleman dignity if the girl is .” He reminded his bestfriend. “Yes I know.” He shrugged. “But at least I can enter staff room right? Please, Sunggyu-yah, I need to, at least, meet her once.”

Sunggyu pinched his eyes toward Woohyun, giving him a sharp gaze. But he rarely saw his friend was so excited to meet a woman. Probably from the first time he met Woohyun, he would never thought this guy would get a woman, unless he got arranged married by his family. So he gave the permission to get close to his new employee, with more warnings, which Woohyun listened passionately.

Sunggyu then ushered him to a VIP room. “Wait here. I call her to come here. Don’t do anything stupid okay? She’s still a .” He said while leaving the room

“Yes, I understand. Don’t tell me twice about that. Makes me feeling guilty, you know.” Woohyun replied with annoyance as he thought that Sunggyu was exaggerating.

Not a minute waiting, Woohyun felt a little bit nervous. For a long time, he didn’t have interest in girls. All he did was doing business, helping his parents to expand businesses, and just chilling with friends. This was his first time in many years, if it’s including silly puppy love when he was a silly teenager.