Chapter 8: Almost

Dear Seungcheol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C H A P T E R 8

(Yooi's POV)

If you could mix excitement and sadness at the same time then that is what I’m feeling right now. I don’t know why I’m sad to be honest, before, I hate it when someone leaves, when my parents worked abroad I didn’t talked to them for weeks because I was disappointed that they left me with my brother. When my brother left Daegu to be an idol I was also disappointed, he knew I only got him but he still left anyways. Let’s not talk about Seungcheol’s departure; you all know how much I was broken. Now, I don’t have anyone to disappoint. I don’t have anyone to leave behind to be sad. Or that is what I thought. It’s only been a matter of months but I feel like I’ve been stuck with Wonho forever. Ever since I met him, he was always there by my side, listening to my never ending complains, laughing to my jokes. Now I don’t know how to last a day without seeing him. This is the kind of effect Wonho can give you.

“Oppa, where did you met Wonho?” I asked as he helps me pack my clothes.

“He was my middle school classmate, my seatmate actually” Yoongi oppa said.

“Why’d you let him meet me?” I asked again.

“I don’t know, maybe because he always wanted to meet you so I let him”

“Always what?”

“Before, I always boasted you to him. I would tell him how smart my little sister is, how cute you are and stuff. So he said that one day I would let him meet you and so I did” He said. See how much my brother loves me?

“Why?” I asked.

“Because I like him for you”

“So you really decided to act cupid now?” I joked.

“Yooi, I won’t always be with you. There will be times that I can’t protect you and I want you to be independent and strong. I don’t want to see you crying your eyes out again simply because you can’t handle the pain. Be strong because you’re all alone now. Seoul is as cruel as you think. People there are not all sugar spice and everything nice. And … Wonho is the type of guy who would protect you as long as he could.” My brother said in the most dead-serious tone ever.

“But he wouldn’t be with me in Seoul” I said. er, now the fact that I’ll be away to him hits me again.

“And by the way, keep yourself away from Seungcheol, okay?” He said while patting my head.

“Seoul is a huge city. I don’t think I would meet him there and if destiny is being a then I’d ignore him and pretend that he doesn’t exist” just like how he pretended to not know me.

“Dad is waiting for us; we’ll be light in our flight so hurry up.” Yoongi oppa stood up and left my room.

I would miss my room. I would miss Minju unnie barging in just to say how much she’s in love with her boyfriend. I would miss my aunt knocking loudly every morning just to wake me up. I would miss my bed that eventually became my crying shoulder when I was broken. I would miss Daegu and all the happiness that it brought me. And I will surely miss Wonho, I would miss him so badly. He became my friend in a short span of time and will always be grateful for his help. He didn’t bid farewell to me. Last time I saw him was the night when we had dinner together, he didn’t showed up after that. I want to hug him though and probably ask him if he could wait for me.

“Are you ready?” My mom asked when I enter the car and I just nodded my head. I looked outside, expecting to see a running wonho wanting to say goodbye but no, he didn’t came. I tried to call him but he never picked up. I wonder why he’s avoiding me. Is he mad at me for leaving?

                                                                                                                                          -----------------

Arriving at Seoul feels weird. Before, I promised to myself that if I ever step foot on this place, I would immediately find Seungcheol and punch him but now, I just want to start anew. I want to forget the heartache and forget all the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter