Chapter 6: Laws of Motion

Dear Seungcheol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C H A P T E R 6

(Yooi's POV)

What I like about this Wonho dude is that he keeps me entertained. He keeps me occupied. Though I don’t understand why because I already guaranteed him that he’ll get nothing from me but nonetheless, he’s fine. I should actually thank my brother for introducing him to me, I at least have one person who will listen to my never ending nag about how stupid love is and wouldn’t complain anyways.

“What are you doing?” I asked Wonho. It’s been 2 weeks since we got to know each other and being the sometimes-friendly-me, I eventually got pretty close to him immediately.

“Studying” he answered shortly. I hate it when his answers are short, I am always eager to hear his opinion. Opinions never mattered to me until I met him. And I’m trying to say this in the most unromantic way, there’s nothing going on between us. Just to make things clear.

“Well what are you studying? Why are you studying” I asked again.

“Newton’s Law of motion. Exam” He, again, answered shortly which actually ticked me off.

“Did you just ing called me to watch you study?” I said.

“Chill, beautiful. You look like an angry boy” Ha! Funny -_____- “Why don’t you help me review instead?”

“And why would I?”

“Because you have a smart ” he said while smirking

“I thought you don’t speak too trashy” I said returning the smirk.

“I should blame you; you exposed me to your wild vocabulary”

“Fine. I’ll help you study that ’s law of motions” I said while sighing. What can I do? I do have a smart .

“Did you just call Newton a ?” Wonho asked with an amused face.

“Yeah, why?”

“How’d you know he’s a ?” He asked again still with his amused face.

“Because he was so obsessed with physics that he didn’t mind , wasn’t he an awesome fellow?” I asked in a sarcastic tone.

“You’re really weird”

“Hey! Shut up! I’m going to help you study now. Okay, so here it goes. I’m going to explain it to you so you better listen carefully. Newton's first law states that every object will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line unless compelled to change its state by the action of an external force. This is normally taken as the definition of inertia. The key point here is that if there is no net force acting on an object (if all the external forces cancel each other out) then the object will maintain a constant velocity. If that velocity is zero, then the object remains at rest. If an external force is applied, the velocity will change because of the force.

The second law explains how the velocity of an object changes when it is subjected to an external force. The law defines a force to be equal to change in momentum (mass times velocity) per change in time. Newton also developed the calculus of mathematics, and the "changes" expressed in the second law are most accurately defined in differential forms. For an object with a constant mass m, the second law states that the force F is the product of an object's mass and its acceleration a:

F = m * a

For an external applied force, the change in velocity depends on the mass of the object. A force will cause a change in velocity; and likewise, a change in velocity will generate a force. The equation works both ways.

The third law states that for every action (force) in nature there is an equal and opposite reaction. In other words, if object A exerts a force on object B, then object B also exerts an equal force on object A. Notice that the forces are exerted on different objects. The third law can be used to explain the generation of lift by a wing and the production of by a jet engine.” I explained in the simplest way.

“Wow, you’re good.” He said.

“There’s no way in hell you actually understood what I’ve said.”

“I have something to tell you but please promise me you won’t get mad” Wonho said with his puppy eyes. I hate this guy.

“What?”

“I wasn’t actually studying. And I aced my physics exam like weeks ago so obviously I know how that law of motion works … so yeah” Wow now I really hate him. I thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter