Getting to know you

Risk

 

After getting her new magazine, Tiffany entered the coffee shop with Taeyeon. “My friend runs this place. Oh! There she is. Yul! I’m here!” Tiffany waved her hand to a tall girl with dark long hair and tanned tone skin. “This is Kim Taeyeon. She’s the former member of GIRLS’ GENERATION. Taeyeon, this is my friend, sister, mother, grandmother and at times my father and I owe a lot, meet Kwon Yuri.” Tiffany energetically introduced her friend. The two girls shaked hands. “Hi! Nice to meet you! You can seat at the VIP section. Tiffany, can I talk to you for a sec?” Yuri asked. “Sure! I’ll be back.” Tiffany glanced at Taeyeon before moving to the side.

“Are you sure this is safe?” Yuri whispered, pulling Tiffany to the kitchen. “What’s wrong? She’s Taeyeon! Hello?! Earth to Yuri. Everything’s fine.” She calmly answered, crossing her arms.

“You invited a celebrity for lunch!!!”

“Correction! Ex-celebrity. Don’t worry. Fans thought that she’s still in the US.”

“Are you sure about that?” Yuri raised her eyebrows making sure everything is not illegal.

“Well...” Tiffany struggled, her face wrinkled and her lips twisting “I haven’t talked to her about that.”

“See?” Yuri yelled. “If something happens to this girl, it’ll be all your fault Hwang Mi-young.”

“Do you have strawberry short cake?” Tiffany tried to change the subject, showing her aegyo.

“You’re wise. But yes. We have some available. Let’s go back to Taeyeon before she gets bored.”

Tiffany hits Yuri’s arm with her elbow, “See? You still care.” The two argued till they reached the table.

“Um. I’ll have chicken soup, blueberry short cake and bubble gum shake please.” Taeyeon asked shyly. “Mushroom with corn soup, strawberry short cake and strawberry shake for me Yul.” Tiffany gave her an evil grin, “Got it. I’ll let the waiter bring your food. Call me if you need anything important. Enjoy!” Yuri waved and walked back to the counter.

The two girls sat from end to end. “So, did you inform the world that you’re here in Seoul?” Tiffany curiously asked. “Nope. Ever since I’ve left the group, I stopped updating THE WORLD about my personal life.” Taeyeon fondly answered. “Oh. Sorry. But are you always like this? I mean, we just met this morning, but you’re already having lunch with a total stranger, me.” Tiffany rolled the sling of her bag trying to read Taeyeon’s face. “Well, no. You invited me for lunch after I saved your bracelet. I think that’s normal for this type of incidents.” she looked at Tiffany with a wide smile.

Tiffany on the other hand was getting worried. (Maybe Yuri was right. I shouldn’t have invited this girl for lunch.) “Hello? Is Tiffany there? And besides, you’re not a total stranger anymore, I know you. You’re Tiffany.” Taeyeon let out a little laugh. “You only know me by name.” Tiffany corrected. “Enggk! I know your friends name, and I know she owns a coffee shop too.” She made Tiffany smile with her words and dorky expression.

“Well, we should get to know each other. I’ll start! My name is Kim Taeyeon. 24 years old. My family lives 5 hours away from Seoul, my brother is in the army and I have a younger sister. I am also the former leader of Girls’ Generation, after retiring, I lived in California by myself and now I’m working as a scouting agent for GG Entertainment. I moved in California because I was assigned there. Now I’m back here because I asked to be transferred back to my hometown.” the little woman described her self with pride. Tiffany was lowering her head while Taeyeon was talking. “What’s wrong? Did I say something?” Taeyeon lifted Tiffany’s head up. “No. it’s just that, I can still imagine you dancing and singing with Girls’ Generation. And now you’re here, having lunch with me.” Tiffany played with the fork while staring at it. “No worries. I’m happy with my life right now.” Taeyeon assured her. “Now it’s your turn.” she tapped Tiffany’s head softly. “Go on Tiffany! Spill some stuff about you. Or do you want me to strangle you?”

She released out an evil laugh to make the atmosphere more comfortable. “Ok. I’ll introduce myself.” Tiffany nervously started. “I’m Hwang Mi-young also know as Tiffany. I’m also 24 years old and my hometown is Diamond Bar, California. I moved here in Seoul with my cousin Yoona because of our dream, which is to study here in Seoul. My specialty? Eye-smile!” she showed her brightest power. “I graduated from Kirin Arts School and right now I work as head for the art entertainment department at CMG Entertainment.”

            “That’s it?”

            “Yup! Oh! And I’m also a PINKaholic.” Tiffany proudly stated. “Obviously.” Taeyeon showed some ahjumma laugh. “HAHAHA! That was cute.” Tiffany laughed back.

“Huh?”

“You laugh like an ahjumma Tae-Tae!” Tiffany burst into laughter.

“What did you just say???” Taeyeon’s eyes wide open.

“I said, you laugh like an ahjumma.”

“No, after that. You called me Tae-Tae.” Both of their faces turned to red as they realized they already made nicknames.

“Yeah. Sorry.” Tiffany shyly apologized, bowing her head.

“No. It’s ok. Hence, you already made a nickname for me, can I call you Fany?”

“Sure! Fany is cute.” Tiffany showed Taeyeon her famous eye-smile.

“Here’s your order.” (KJ waiter. Yuri should train them. HAHAHA.)

The two girls chatted and chatted and realized that both of them were already late for their work.

“So Fany, I already got your number. I’ll just text you, ok?”

“Sure Tae-Tae. See yeah!”