In his touch

Yixing can never be Lay! : Double Lives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Morning Yixing!"

"Goo..good Morning Lalalanana!" Yixing replies chirpily.

"Here." Lana places a cuppa Hazelnut milk on Yixing's desk. Yixing raises his eyebrow, pleasantly surprised by Lana's gesture.

Lana tucks a lock of hair behind her ear and replies a tad shyly, "Umm.., it's to thank you. You know. For saving me. The car skid. The cyclone. Thanks for being there and guiding me. I don't think I could have survived both if you were not there?"

Yixing studies Lana's slightly nervous expression silently and Lana fidgets under his scrutiny and the momentary awkward silence, wondering why Yixing hasn't responded yet. She also feels self-conscious that Yixing's eyes are wandering down to her lips. Reminding Lana of that underwater kiss they shared and she flushes in recollection. This does not go unnoticed by Yixing.

Lana thinks to herself that she may have made a mistake and quickly reaches out to retrieve the cup from the desk and breaks the awkward silence, "Oh! I'm sorry! I forgot to check if you've already had your ..."

"Thanks! I've not! Ju..just what I nee..needed. Th..thanks Lana!" Yixing interrupts Lana and flashes her an appreciative wide, dimpled smile, while he grabs onto the cup with one hand and places his other hand on Lana's wrist to stop her from removing the cup.

Lana jolts lightly from Yixing's touch. She's not sure if she's imagining it, but it feels almost electric. But seeing Yixing's usual innocent, cheerful expression, Lana quickly brushes it off as mere static and breathes an internal sign of relief and smiles back, ready to withdraw her hand and head back to her desk, "That's great! Well, enjoy your ..."

Yixing however, reflexively tightens his hold over Lana's wrist, not really wanting to let go so soon, wishing to prolong the skinship.

"Yes, Yixing?" Lana asks curiously.

Yixing heart thumps and he takes a quick breath of courage and ventures, "Umm...Bu...but you know..."

Now it's Lana turn to feel her heartbeat accelerating as she thinks nervously to herself, "But? but what?! Instead she asks carefully, "Yes?" as she eyes Yixing's tightened grip on her hand.

Yixing thinks to himself, let me channel Lay's bravado for now and smoothly slides his fingers over Lana's wrist and onto her hand and continues holding onto her while he rubs his thumb gently over her knuckles and resumes, "as much as I like Haze..hazelnut milk. Surely I de..serve something more for sav..saving your life ...twice?"

Lana looks at Yixing agog.

"A din..ner perhaps?" Yixing looks at Lana expectantly while he props his chin with his free hand and smiles charmingly at her, still holding onto Lana's hand.

Taken aback slightly by Yixing's uncharacteristic boldness, Lana stutters her reply, "Ohh..OK?"

"Grrr.eat! How about 8 pm this eve...ning? Enough time for you to he..ad b..back and chhange?"

"Change? But we can just go straight after we knock off? Around 6?"

"Come on! Tr..eat me somewhere f..fancy! Surely your life sav..viour deserves th..that much?" Yixing winks.

Lana narrows her eyes back at him playfully, "You're really milking this huh? Fine!"

Yixing merely smiles back at Lana cheekily and Lana realises belatedly that Yixing is still holding onto her hand. She blushes again slightly and awkwardly tugs at her hand for Yixing to release it. But instead, Yixing reacts to her pull by holding onto her hand more firmly, "Ho..ld on!" Yixing smirks at Lana while he turns his body slightly, still holding onto Lana's hand. Lana waits impatiently for Yixing to release her hand as she feels herself reddening with the prolonged handholding.

He pulls out his drawer and retrieves a singly packed cookie and flips Lana's hand open and places it in her palm, wraps her fingers over the cookie and finally releases her hand, "He..re. Enjoy!" Yixing winks and smirks cheekily at Lana again while she dumbfoundedly thank him and quickly walks back to her desk bewildered.

Yixing exhales a huge sign of relief and internally fist pumps as well as imaginarily pats his own back for summoning his courage for his gamble.

Lana wonders briefly, did Yixing just back there? The innocent Yixing? She quickly shakes off her absurd thoughts.

***

A happily whistling Yixing walks into the pantry, preoccupied with his dinner date plans, when he chances upon Kai hunching suspiciously over the sink top struggling with a package.

"Nee..need a hand, K..Kai?"

"Wha?!" Kai jolts at Yixing's voice, "You gave me a scare, Yixing Hyung!"  

"No..no! I'm done here!" He hurriedly puts the lid back on the box before him and haphazardly ties it up in its surrounding plastic bag. 

Kai then hugs the package tightly to his chest, bids Yixing a quick farewell and leaves the pantry abruptly.

That reminds Yixing and he quickly zips to the mail room to check if there are anymore suspicious packages for Lana today.

***

"Did you managed to dig up anything on Kai?"

"Yes. But boring really. Such a snooze fest that guy. Comes from a typical middle income, nuclear family. Born and bred locally, studied at his Neighbourhood schools. Went to community college. Average student. Average nice guy in school. Has the typical dude hobbies. Spends his leisure time gaming, exercising, meeting friends, playing with his pet dogs. No criminal offenses, no hospitalisation or psychological records either. Very stereotypically average. Nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing peculiar really." Baekhyun drawls.

"Is he seeing anyone?" Yixing asks.

"Doesn't seem like it. He broke off with his college girlfriend after graduation and has been single ever since."

"Hmm... He could be secretly dating Sora then? Anything on th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter