Intentions

Yixing can never be Lay! : Double Lives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey peeps! Thanks for coming back!!! *muaks!* & mucho mucho sorry for the lapse.

Have updated with a new chapt! But meanwhile, it's been a while, so here's a quick recap, to get things up to speed:

* Bumbling, stuttering Yixing and OC, Lana are colleagues at a tabloid, The Scoop. Yixing's a photographer and Lana's a writer. Baekhyun, "affectionately" nicknamed 'yun' by their colleague Sooyoung, is their editor-in-chief. 

* Lana got held in a brief hostage situation and Yixing rescued her, under the guise of Guy-Fawkes masked vigilante, Lay. Lana learnt of Lay's secret healing powers. Lay and Lana keep in touch.

* Yixing had a memorable, meaningful encounter with Lana when they were kids and harbours a crush on Lana since discovering she is the same girl he met years ago.

* Lana badgered Lay about his healing powers, causing him to have an outburst and they have not been in touch ever since. 

* British-educated, French flair Sehun is introduced as a potential contender to Yixing/Lay-Lana's love triangle (or square)?

*Previous chapt: Yixing accompanied Lana on an interview with Bambi-eyed celebrity Luhan, who tried to hit on Lana. Causing Yixing to spite on Luhan passive-aggressively.

And here we continue as below. Enjoy!

**********

"La..lana, want a li..lift back to off..office? Since you headed back to finish up your wo..work? It's a..along my way ho..home." Yixing asks Lana sweetly after they exited Luhan's interview.

"Sure, Yixing! Thanks for the lift!" Lana smiles back and continues, "But could you drop me off a block away from our office instead? I'm actually gonna call it a day! I'm just headed back to meet the girls for drinks at our regular watering hole in the neighbourhood! Wanna join us for a drink or two?

"Sure, th..thanks! But you turned down Lulu..luhan and said you had to rush.." Yixing asks puzzledly.

"Ssh...It's just a made-up excuse! I was trying to find an excuse to wiggle away, rather than reject his invitation outwardly and risk offending our A-lister?" 

"Oh..oh I see.. But, but why? Lulu..Luhan's sucha go..gominam, flo..flower boy! Won't most girls be hap..happy to go on a da..date with him?"

"He's pretty alright. In fact, too pretty! He's prettier than me! So, no thank you!" Lana rolls her eyes and Yixing is secretly pleased with her admission.

"So he's not your type? Then..then what's your..your type, La..Lana?" Yixing ventures.

Lana freezes for a second, aware that Yixing's line of questioning may lead to something else., She thinks to herself, Yixing's not gonna take this opportunity to confess, is he? That will be awkward!

"Um...types? Er... I don't really have types?" Lana answers nervously as her mind franctically prepares for an appropriately kind rejection to Yixing should he chose this moment to confess. Then she thinks to herself, maybe she should take this opportunity to assert her "type"? And let Yixing know without a doubt, that's he's not her type afterall? Reject him indirectly? Squash his intentions for her once and for all?

"Wha..what do you think of...m.." Yixing prods again but Lana quickly interjects, "you know, maybe I do have a type! I ..um...like guys who are...assertive...manly, masculine. You know? The real namja, macho type?" Lana emphasizes and addres

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter