I'm angry at him

Waiting for you to love me

The sky already darkened. It was past 8 pm but Fee and i were still in the restaurant. We were drinking some beer. The waiter brought two more bottles of beer on the table. I already drank two cans of beer and felt how the alcohol worked in my blood and blurred my vision. Although i was a little bit drunk, i still sipped on the third beer that was half-full. Meanwhile Fee was drinking his second beer.

Earn was the reason why i didn’t leave the restaurant yet. He said to wait here for him and promised to come back to me. Even if i’m not sure if he’ll keep his promise, i still wanted to believe him. I want to trust him even if i have to wait for a long time for him.

My mobilphone vibrated on the table. „Earn“ was written on the screen. I angrily put the phone down and ignored the call. Fee raised curiously one of his eyebrowns. I wanted to pick up the call but when i remembered how angry i was at him,  i blocked the call. It rang five seconds later again. I ignored it this time too. After the ringtone ended, i received a sms. It was from Earn.

  „Where are you?“, i read the message he wrote me. „Tzz“, i gritted my teeth. A second sms came from him, „Where’re you?“. I received the thirth message, „Why won’t you write me back?“. Annoyed by his persistent personality, i angrily wrote him back, „I’m still waiting in the restaurant for you, you .“

He didn’t reply to my message. A mountain of frustration began to built inside me. I’m so frustrated that i can only take this humiliation in a drunken state. I drank the rest of the beer in one gulp. Now i felt how the alkohol took control of me. My head was spinning around. I opened the fourth can as Fee grasped my wrist to hinder me from drinking any further.

  „Stop drinking!“, he agitatedly said. His voice softened, „You’re already drunk.“

I yanked my wrist out his grip. As i was ready to drink again, somebody pulled the beer out my hand. 

  „What the...“, i screamed at the person but as I looked up I realized that Earn stood next to me. He looked somehow furious and panted heavily.

  „What’re you doing?“, he shouted at me. He glared furious at Fee, „Why didn’t you stop him from drinking? He can’t hold his alcohol and is easily drunk. You should’ve stopped him“, he yelled at him.

Fee sighed and scratched irrateted at the back of his head, „Don’t you think i didn’t try to talk sense to him? He was stubborn and didn’t listen to me“, he screamed back.

  „Why did he drink that much?“, Earn muttered to himself.

  „As if you don’t know the reason why“, Fee whispered. 

  „My beer“, i faintly said. „Give it… back“, i stood up and wanted to take my can from him but he hold his hand high. I can’t reach the can.

Damn Earn! This boy knew he’s a few inches taller than me and took advandtage of his heigh. He rised his hand even higher and didn’t let me touch the can. Suddenly i felt dizzy. He banged the can on the table then grabbed my wrist and dragged me outside. I freed myself from his grip. All the sudden i lost balance and fell backwards. Earn reacted fast and grabbed my hand before i could hit on the ground. He pulled me upwards. I gently landed in his arm, almost touched his lips with mine.

Our bodys were so close that i could feel how warm he was. We gazed at each other. His bright eyes drew all of my attention to him. He really has a strong body. I wanted to undress and touch him but i resisted myself. Our heart thumped hard. This is weird. I can understand why i was excited but why was his heartbeat so fast?

Fee came behind us. We parted from each other. The alcohol in my blood took control over me again. My vision blurred again from dizziness. I can’t recognize the people in front of me. I turned to a side and went to one of the guys. After i took a good look at him, i recognized that it was Fee. But something didn’t fit well. Fee has porcelain white skin colour, chubby face and is a few inches smaller than me. But now his face was a liitle bit skinny, he had brown tonned skin and he somehow was taller than me. This can’t be.

I examined Fee’s face and touched his cheeks, „Did you… Did you“, i stuterred and hiccuped. I gulped heavily, „Did you tan your skin… and grew taller or something like this?“, i asked confused. I stretched at his face.

Fee grabbed both my writs and took my hands away from him. „Pete, come to your sense“, he said with gritted teeth.

Wait, wait! Fee’s voice doesn’t sound that deep and calmly. Only one person i know has this gently voice that can calm me down whenever i hear him. After thinking a little bit, i realized that this wasn’t Fee i spoke with. It must be Earn. No wonder he looked different. I turned around to search for Fee. He was behind me.

  „I’ll bring you home“, the student council president said to me.

  „Okay“, i nodded.

He laid his arm around my shoulders and supported me to stay upright. We were ready to go as Earn blocked our way.

  „I’ll bring him home“, he uttered with a serious expression.

  „You don’t need to bother yourself with him. I’ll take care of him. You can go home“, Fee rejected his offer.

Earn fiercely took Fee’s arm from me and pulled me aside. „What do you mean with i don’t need to bother myself with him?“, he questioned him.

An unpleasant atmosphere lay in the air. My head hurt. Honestly, i’m sick of the two of them. It was alright if they want to fight, but i’m leaving. I staggered forward. They were so buzy with themselves that they didn’t notice me leaving.

Without looking at the road, i wanted to cross over the street as i suddenly heard a car driving closer to me. The driver hopped. Somebody yanked me backward. It was Earn.

  „Do you want to kill yourself?“, he shouted at me. He shook his head in disbelieve and sighed. „You’re acting out of character. The Pete i know would never let himself in this pathetic state. What’s wrong with you?“

The driver parked his cab then ran to us.

I backed away from my best friend. „Do you really want to know why i’m like this?“, i yelled.

The taxi driver wanted to ask something but was taken aback when i yelled at Earn. He waited brave like a young child who didn’t want to interrupt an adult fight.

I gathered the courage to speak the truth. „You’re the reason why i’m like this“, i shouted.

  „What did i do?“

  „Ha…“, i responded surprised. This bastard doesn’t know what he did wrong. He doesn’t know that the reason i’m upset was because he left me for Noh. He invited me to dinner but didn’t even spent twenty minutes with me. I waited for him until i couldn’t take it anymore and drank to this state. This guy was really pissing me off. „You bastard, , jerk“, i insulted him. My eyes teared up. „It’s alright if you don’t know what you did wrong.“

When he saw the tears in my eyes, he immediately froze on the spot. He looked like he doesn’t know what to do. „Wait“, he said after a while. He nervously opened his mouth several times to say something but each time the words won’t come out. „…Tell me what i did“, it sounded like a begging.

  „No…“, i ignored him and weaved ahead.

Earn gripped on my shoulder and hindered me from going any further, „Wait.“

  „I said it’s fine“, i shouted and shrugged him away. My head hurt even more by this sudden movement. I touched my forehead and moaned in pain. 

  „Drive us home, please“, my best friend asked the taxi driver and gave him my home adress. He then grabbed my hand and took me by force in the cab.

Fee was left behind. He shook his head in disbelieve. The driver drove forward. I struggled in the car. Earn held my wrists in one hand, pinned my hands on my lap and helped me wore the belt. After a moment went by, i was worn out from the whole struggle and calmed myself down. I felt sleepy then laid my head on Earn’s shoulder and closed my eyes.

 

Somebody smoothly shook on my shoulder. I woke up and realized that i leaned my head on Earn’s shoulder. The taxi was parked in front my house. Earn left the car, opened the door for me and pulled me gently out the taxi. He supported me by moving forward. We entered the house then climbed the stairs up to my room. I immediately threw myself on the soft bed. My eyes felt heavy from exhaustion so i slowly closed them.  

It felt so good to be in my own room and lay down on my cozy bed. Now i can sleep without worry. But i can’t escape the feeling that i forgot something. Or is it someone that i forgot? Who or what did i forget? I thought long about it but my mind seemed to be blank. As i can’t remember anything, i left this matter for the time being. Maybe it wasn’t so important that was why i can’t remember it. I turned aside and started to sleep.

All the sudden i sensed someone sitting next to me. A warm hand touched my forehead. Something strange touched me but to my own surprise i wasn’t afraid at all. I was calm and felt somehow secure. A thump caressed my cheek. It felt really good and soothing. My body was hot. I moaned.

What was going on? I wanted to know what or who was caressing me but i was too sleepy to open my eyes. I ignored this myterious touch and fell deep asleep.