Relaxing

Waiting for you to love me

After the doctor told me that i had acute appendicitis, he performed an emergency surgery on me. I spent three days in the hospital and was discharged today in the morning. Fee came half a hour ago to me. He wanted me to go out to get some fresh air. We were now on the way to the park.

He spotted a squid vendor. „Do you want Squid?“

  „No, i don’t like it“, I declined. The reason why I don’t like it was because of Earn. A few months ago Noh gave him two bag of squid. I, the idiot didn’t know that there were present from Noh and wanted to eat it but he didn’t let me have it. Because I was persistent to have it and accidently let it fall, we fought and didn’t speak with each other for days. Since then i don’t eat squid anymore.        

He spotted a few meters ahead from us a korean saleswoman who solt goldfish cake on a stand. He held my wrist and pulled me toward the vendor. „Four goldfish cake, please… And could you give it us in two seperate plastic bag?“, he ordered without asking for my opinion.

The overly friendly lady gave him the plastic bags with each two gold fish cake in them. After he payed for the food, we kept moving forward. He gave me one of the plastic bag and ate his food with joy. I ate in silence.

Today was the third day Earn and I didn’t saw each other. He didn’t come to see me in the clinic either. Why’re you that cold to me? Is it because of our fight over Fee? I thought you would be worried and try to reconcile with me but I was wrong. He didn’t even bother to call me and ask about my health. If it was Noh who was laying in the sickbed, he would visit him and spent some time with him.  

I shook my head to delete the picture of him in my mind. The doctor told me that the strong headaches I had were caused by too many stress. According to him I have too many things going on in my mind that’s why my head can’t cool down. I have to avoid stress so i won’t have any headache anymore. 

The Park was some meters ahead of us. I wanted to sit down on a wooden bench but Fee hold grip of my hand.

  „It’s better to sit down on the grass“, he insisted.

I didn’t want to argue with him, I just followed his example and sat next to him on the soft grass. We looked at the sunny sky that tried to tan our skin. Slowly, I felt sleepy. Every time I closed my eyes to sleep, the sun reflected its light on my visage and interupted my sleep. A hand suddenly covered up my face, it blocked the sun from my face. It was Fee who tried to get rid of the disturber with that method. I looked aside and found him giggling like an idiot.

  „I’m not a girl, Fee.“

  „Aren’t you? Oh sorry, my mistake“, he joked while putting a sly grin on his face.

I smacked on his chest, „I’ll punch you if you say that again.“

  „Sorry, my bad…“, he turned to my side and observed me from head to toes.

Many people would feel disturbed by his intensive gaze but I didn’t feel uncomfortable at all. A few weeks ago I realized that he doesn’t care about personal space between us, meanwhile I became accustomated to his strange behaviour.

Before I knew it my lips curved up into a little smile. If I didn’t know him better and someone told me that our attentive council president was actually such a persitent guy, I wouldn’t believe him.

  „What are you grining about by yourself?“, his voice woke me up from my daydream.

  „You don’t need to know“, was my reply to him.

A street musician played the guitar, he hummed a melody. The melody sounded familiar. It was an old song but I couldn’t remember the title. I sat up, carefuly listened to the wonderful music that calmed me from the inside. The musician looked young, maybe he was three to five years older than me. He then sung the song, I finally recognize the song. It was „Hey there Delilah“ sung by „Plain White T’s“. Everybody in the Park remained in silence and listened to him. A pleasant atmosphere laid in the air.

The wind of change blowed calmy past us, it brushed against me and left an incredible good feeling on my skin, I felt free from worries and sorrows. I had goosebumps all over my body. It was a good idea from Fee to take me outside. Thanks to him I could feel alive again after such a stressful week. I took a deep breath, I slowly exaled the air.

 

 

My comment: Sorry for the short and boring chapter :D This chapter was the silence before the storm. Since I tormented the poor Pete a little bit, I have to let him relax before the really storm come ^^ I love the song "Hey there Delilah". I wrote it on purpose in the story because of the distance the three characters were feeling toward each other. The song should have a certain impact on Pete and Fee :) If you read the lyrics, you'll know what I mean ^^