We need to talk, Pete!

Waiting for you to love me

One week later

The bell rang for the end of the class, everybody packed their things and dashed out of the classroom. I packed my books in my bag and left the room too. The sky was dark cloudy. It’ll rain soon that’s why i have to rush home to avoid getting soaked.

As i passed through the gate, a warm hand gripped at my wrist and forced me to stand still. I didn’t react to this sudden touch because i knew who the person was. There’s only one person who can make my heart jump out of my chest like crazy and send a chill down my spine. It must be Earn.

  „We need to talk“, he spoke to me with his deep voice.

  „I don’t want to talk to you“, i declined without looking at him.

  „We didn’t talk for one week to each other. I think it’s time we discuss about our matters.“

  „What matters? I don’t have anything to say to you.“

  „I have plenty things to discuss with you about“, he insisted of a conversation.

I sighed, „…Okay“, i gave in.

We walked forward and turned off to another side street where we can avoid bystanders. As we were alone, we stopped in the middle of the pedestrian anrea. An awkward atmosphere filled the air around us. It was weird that the two of us, who were best friends since childhood, felt now uncomfortable toward each other. I guess nothing was left to our friendship after we ignored each other for more than one week. Why does this have to happen because of my intimated relation with Fee?

  „What do you want from me?“, i asked him, my voice was cold, my expression indifferent. I crossed my arms.

He wanted to comment about my behaviour toward him but kept his mouth shut. He just shook his head and calmed himself for the time being. It flashed in the sky. The loud thunder almost scared the hell out of me. Yeah, I’m afraid of thunder since I was 10 years old. Nobody knows about it, I even keep this fact a secret from Earn. To hide the fear inside me, I acted strong and tried to ignore the loud noises above me.

  „Pete, do you have a problem with me?“, he questioned me. This question sounded like an interrogation. I was in full alert to not let my guard down. 

  „What?“, i played the innocent boy.

  „Don’t mess with me, Pete. You exactly know what i’m talking about“, he paused to catch his breath then continued the conversation. „You began to avoid me since two weeks and i dind’t say anything about it because I thought I was the reason you distanced yourself from me… I wanted to know what i did to you but every time i thought about it, i can’t remember the things i did wrong.

  „You don’t know what you did?“

  „No. You tell me the reason.“

He was expecting an answer from me that could please him. I saw direct in his eyes. He didn’t even avert his gaze from me, instead he kept glaring at me too. I think, he’s serious for not knowing the reason why I’m keeping distance from him.

  „You didn’t do anything wrong.“

  „Is it because of Fee?“, this question came from him after a few seconds silence.

I wanted to leave but when i heard this i froze on the spot. I turned to him.

  „Huh?“

  „I know you’re in love with Fee and i have to deal with it for the sake of our friendship but to be honest, i can’t accept him as your boyfriend.“

Earn you’re really slow. Are you so blind that you can’t see what’s that obvious? Am i that invisble to you? Why can’t you notice that i’m jealous whenever you smile at Noh? Earn, why can’t you see that i’m in love with you?

I wanted to confess but my lips kept tight and refused to open. I clenched my hands to fists and bit my lower lip bloody to ignore the pain in my chest. „Yeah, i like him“, i lied to forget the chaos in my head. My eyes suddenly turned cold. I gave him a furious look, „I’m in love with him. What does it concern you?“, i screamed at him. I was about to go but he grasped hard at my upper arm. His handgrip hurted my arm, I felt the pain in my whole body.

He turned me back to him. „I won’t let you run again from me. You always run away from a situation if it was unberable for you.“

  „What the heck are you doing? Leave me alone!“, i yelled.

  „I don’t want to have anything to do with this jerk Fee. You have to choose between us.“

  „What?“

  „Fee or me?“

Did he just provide an ultimatum to me? My lips trembled from shock. For the first time in my life I found myself lost for words. My voice collapsed. A while went by before i could open my mouth to speak again. „Are… Are you serious?“, i stuttered.  

  „I’m dead serious. I’ll go if you choose Fee.“

My head bent down to the ground.  „This isn’t fair…“, i looked up to him, „Then what about Noh and me? Could you choose between him and me?“  

  „Why do I have to choose between you two?"

  "Because I want to know who's really important to you. Noh or me?"

  "I don't understand you. What have our problems to do with Noh?“

  „Everything happened because of him. He’s the one who caused our relation to break down.“

  „Now you have to blame an innocent guy for our problems. Is it realy that difficult for you to choose between Fee and me?“

  „Earn!“, i yelled angry at him.

A loud thunder crackled at the sky. Rain poured from above. I saw past Earn and noticed Fee holding an umbrella in his hand. He stared at us. Earn followed my eyes and looked behind himself.

  „I’m tired of this hopeless conversation“, i added calmly.

I tried to free myself from him but his grip was too strong for me. The attempt to rescue myself proved to be impossible, I struggled harder. I looked like a rat that futilely tried to save himself from the grip of a big snake. He hold me tigher, my upper arm hurted even more.

  „Earn“, i screamed in agony.

  „I won’t let you free until you answer my question. Who’s really important to you?“, this question from him again.

  „I don’t want to be your friend anymore“, the words bursted out of my mouth. I yanked my arm out of his hand. Since I used a brute forced to free myself from him, his claws marked into my skin.

He remained for a moment in silence, it looked like he was in shock and couldn't believe my choice. A serious look appeared on his face, „Alright. Then i’m gone“, he told me without batting an eye. He walked away and bumped his shoulder against me.

A cold wind brushed against me. It was so cold that i lost strenght in my body and trembled in fear. I turned to Earn. He didn’t even stopp to glance at me. The gape between us grew further. It began to rain heavily. I was swayed by emotion and sobbed in agony. When Earn was about to curve in another direction and disapear out of my sight, I took the first step to him and wanted to scream his name but Fee came in front of me and blocked my view. He held the umbrella above us to keep me from getting soaked.

Earn couldn't be seen anymore. Tears fell down. Fee wrapped his arms around me to hug me. When i couldn’t hold my feelings anymore, i hugged him firmly and cried silently in his arms. My shoulder trembled, my heart ached, i felt like sliding down into the fire of hell and never come back. Why can’t he understand that i don’t want to be just his friend? I want more than friendship between us. Why is loving someone so painfull and lonely?

 

 

 

Half of the story's already posted. I hope you guys like it so far :)