Wait here for me, Pete!

Waiting for you to love me

I couldn’t trust my ears. My body couldn’t move when i heard him calling Noh.

  „What?“, he agitately asked. He turned around to Phun, who was observing him from the side too. My best friend then showed him an angry face. Phun doesn’t look happy either. I’m sure he was angry at his boyfriend Noh for talking with his rival. „Yeah, he’s here…“, Earn added.

The anger inside me was growing bigger, it made my heart pound faster. „Calm down, Pete. Calm down“, i repeated many times in my head. I sighed to restrain myself. 

  „Okay“, Earn glanced at me from the corners of his eyes. „Wait for me. I’ll be there in fifteen minutes“, he lastly said to Noh.

My eyes grew wider when i heard him saying that. I was in shock and couldn’t open my mouth to say something nor even blink.

  „Sorry Pete, i have to go“, he told me as he stood up.

Earn placed the money for the food on the table. He was ready to leave the restaurant but i grabbed his wrist to make him stay. I remained silent, unable to speak a word.

Earn, you can be slow sometimes but are you sure you want to leave me here and join your crush? Although i’m by your side everyday, you always longs for your first love. I understand it now. You can’t forget Noh. That mean i’m not good enough for you. Only Noh can cure your broken heart. You won’t ever love me, right? I will forever stay your best friend.

He didn’t move an inch until i freed him from my grip. I gathered my courage and forced my mouth open to speak.

  „Are you sure you want to go to him?“, i asked him without looking at him, with the face fixed on my food.

He turned to me, „Wait here for me, Pete. I promise, i’ll come back to you“, was the last words he said to me before he left the restaurant.

I didn’t even bother to look at him, i only gazed on the money he left behind. Something flew down my cheeks and falled on the table. As i touched my cheeks, i noticed water falling down on my finger, it came out of my eyes. Tears? Only now did i realize that i was crying mutely so nobody would notice my tears. Many mixed feelings were overflowing me: Anger, sorrow, sadness and disapointment. My heart ached from the many feelings. It was unbearable painfull. I clenched my chest to ease the pain, i silently sobbed, shoulder trembling as if a cold wind brushed against me. All the sudden someone touched my chin and lifted my head up to see my face. To my surprise, Fee sat on Earn’s chair, observing my face as if to see if i had some injuries or not.

Now, i felt embarassed. I’m a grown up boy and here i'am sobbing in public like a child. Serously, i didn’t want anybody to find out about this. Nobody should see me crying like a fool, who doesn’t have anything else to do as sitting here and sobbing over an unrequiered love. Right now, i want to hide deep into the earth where nobody could see me. Earn, you bastard! It’s all your fault. Why do i have to suffer because of you? Why do i even have to fall for you?

I wanted to stop the tears but they kept flowing. „I’m pathetic, right?“, i asked Fee while forcing a smile on my face.

He smoothly shook his head then put a smile on his face. „Pete, you’re a human being with feelings that's why you can get hurt. You can’t always control your feelings. It sometimes necessary to let everything out if it’s too much for you. I think, you’re just acting like a broken hearted guy.“

He talked as if he knew that i’m in love with Earn and was left behind because of Noh. How come he, a guy i didn’t even know well can understand me better than my best friend? He can read my feelings as if i was a book, easily to read and to understand. If Earn could read my feelings like him, i’m sure i won’t suffer like this on my own.

He hold a handkerchief out of his pocket and held it before me. „Here. Cry all you want then wipe the tears with this“, he offered me.

An awkward silence arised between us. Now i was a little bit curious. Why was he offering me his help although we don’t know each other that well? First, i thought he’s an arrogant guy because of his conflict with Earn over the cheerleading club but now as i know him better, i don’t think he’s that unbearable. He’s helpfull and easy to communicate with than most of the people i knew. 

His bright smile changed the gloomy atmosphere around us. I was in good mood and felt happy to have him by my side. My lips formed a little grin. The tears slowly dried in my eyes.

I accepted his offer, „Do you always carry a handkerchief with you?“

  „Yeah, i need it to weep my mouth after eating. I don’t like using serviette from strangers.“

  „I didn’t know you’re such a Hygiene Freak.“

  „Hahahaha, if you’re joking like that then you’re fine. I don’t need to worry about you“, he told me while laughing. „Pete, i’m not that extreme. I only don’t like touching strangers things and nobody should touch my belongings either.“

  „Wait, wait! If you don’t like someone touching your things, why’re you giving me your handkerchief? Isn’t it uncomfortable for you to let me use it?“

  „Not really… Only the people i acknowledge can touch me or my belongings“, he said smiling.

I slowly nodded my head but honestly, i didn’t understand what he talked about. A moment went by. Silence filled the air. I bet he’s curious about the argument between Earn and me so i waited for him to ask me about this but he remained in silence.

  „Don’t you want to know about my fight with Earn“, i questioned him.

  „Not really. You obviously don’t want to discuss about it so i won’t question you about this matter either…“, he replied. He stretched his hand to me, „Give me your mobilphone.“

  „Why?“

  „You’ll know why if you give it to me“, he gave me an evasive answer.

  „Okay“, i nodded my head and gave him my mobilphone. He tipped something on the button of my phone. A few seconds after he returned it to me. His name and number was written on the screen. I shoted him a questioned look.

  „If you need someone to talk with, you can always call me.“

The waiter brought Fee’s food, pommes with KFC on my table. Fee thanked the waiter and started to eat his pommes. I looked sursprised at him. He knew i was gazing at me but didn’t even feel bothered by that.

  „Could you please throw this leftover away?“, he pointed to Earn’s food as the waiter was about to distance himself from us. „The other guy won’t come back“, he said so sure as if he knew that Earn won’t return to me.

The man glanced at me. It seemed like he waited for me to assure him that it was alright to take his food away.

Earn promised me to come back for me but i’m not even sure if he’ll come back soon. He was after all visiting Noh, his first love. He always wants to spent more time with Noh that's why i’m sure he’ll take this chance and be with him til in the deep night. I think, i’ll waste my time if i wait for him.  

As i took long with the reply, the waiter took the food away without my assurance.

  „Why’re you eating here?“, i started a conversation with Fee.

  „Because i wanted to be with you. It’s funnier to eat with you than with my idiot like friends.“

  „You think it’s fun to be with me than with your friends?“

  „Yes. I don’t think you’re that boring at all.“

  „Earn aside, you’re the first to find me interesting“. I giggled without making a single noise.

He glanced at me for a long time as if i was some interesting statue placed in the museum for a show. My smiling expression changed into a cunfused one. Why was he observing me like that? Did i have something funny in my face? I touched all over my face to see if i had something on my visage but i noticed nothing. He chuckled again. This guy made me nervous for nothing. I put a curious expression on.

  „What?“, i agitately asked him.

  „Nothing…“, he replied and paused for a few seconds. „You lost weight, right?“

  „Huh?“

  „You look thinnier than usual“, he realized. „You should eat more.“

When i remembered the reason why i lost weight, my mood turned gloomy. My problem with Earn is the reason why i don’t have appetit and lost some weight. Fee took one of his pommes and stuffed it without warning in my mouth.

Taken by surprise, i backed away from him, „Fee, you bastard“, i shouted irritated. When i chew the pommes, i realized that it was mixed with spicy sauce.

I quickly gulped the food down then swallowed in one gulp the water in my glas. The water didn’t help much, my tongue and throat still felt hot from the chili. My face turned red like a tomate. I searched for more water and found my eyes on Fee’s glas filled with juice. Without asking, i drank his juice too. When i can’t feel the spicy anymore, i gasped for air. I calmed down a little bit then angrily punched Fee on the shoulder. He painfully rubbed his shoulder.

Every guest in the room saw my fight against the hot sauce and laughed at me. I blushed from embarassment and muttered some insult to him. He tried not to laugh but when he couldn’t resist it anymore, he bursted out of laugh. I quietly sulked.

  „This pouting expression looks better than the gloomy one you had just before“, he said while laughing.

  „Why did you do that?“, i gritted my teeth.

  „I didn’t like your gloomy expression. It didn’t suit your cute face“, he joked.

  „Jerk“, i insulted him again. I turned my eyes to Fee’s friends on the other side. But Phun’s not among them. The other two friends waited for their foods.

Fee noticed me wondering about Phun’s whereabout.  „Phun went to Noh… Phun and Earn can’t stand each other. I’m sure there’ll be a fight between them again.“

Phun went after Earn, who’s on the way to Noh too. I was sure the two’ll fight again because of Noh. My head ached by this imagination.

 

 

 

My comment:

Sorry that this chapter have to be that long. I hope you liked it... I gave up on EarnxPete Lovestory long time ago because there're only few episodes left and i don't know how they'll resolve the problem with PeteYuri. But i thought maybe there'll be a third season and it'll be about the love between EarnPete. I hope they'll give us EarnPete shipper what we need and want :)