Earn vs. Fee

Waiting for you to love me

The schoolbell rang some minutes ago for the long break. Everyone already dashed out to buy food for lunch but I remained in the class to have some rest. Por revealed himself before the door, he was out of breath and panted heavily. He rushed to me.

  „Pete… Pete?“, he called my name but every time he tried to speak a long sentence, he just gasped for air.

His silly behaviour annoyed me. I tried to rest calm but I was pissed off by his studip behaviour. „What?“, I snaped at him.

Screaming at him seemed to calm him down. He managed to breath first and provide his lung with fresh air before talking. „Earn and Fee are fighting in  the cafeteria“, the words finally bursted out him.

  „What?“, I reacted surprised. Somehow I couldn’t believe him at first but when I reminisce about their fight from last time, I realized he was telling the truth.

Por dashed out the classroom, I quickly followed him. I speeded up, the wound in my belly ached, I laid an arm around my belly then slowed down. The pain eased a little bit, I took a quicker steps to them. When I arrived there, my eyes widened from shock. A heavy tension filled the air.  

  „What the hell?“, was the first words I could mumble.

A few plates and cutleries laid on the ground, the food were scattered around them on the table, even on the ground. Fee was bleeding from a cut on his mouth. Earn however didn’t have any injury but his Shirt was ripped on the chest. Both of them were breathing heavily as if they just wrestled. Many students were gathered around them, they were watching the show instead of taring them apart.

  „Just accept it that he don't care for you anymore“, Fee spoke in a provocative tone to him.

Only now did I realize that they were fighting because of me. That fact made me furious, I was embarassed of the two with their silly fight. My face heated up, I squeezed my hands in to fists. Everybody could see from my angry face that I was about to explode from anger.

  „The principal’s coming“, a guy next to me whispered to his friend.

As Earn grabbed Fee on the collar, I stepped out, „Earn!“, I yelled to him.

The two noticed me standing few meters from them. I went to them but Earn refused to let go of Fee. 

  „Let him go!“, I said while gritting my teeth.

Murmurs arose amoung the students. It felt awkward to be the center of attention, I had the urge to hide myself somewhere nobody could find me. Earn stared for awhile at my serious expression as if he was searching for something. Is he expecting something from me? The confession he made a few days ago replayed in my head: I love you Pete. I blushed by that memory. His eyes penetrated through me, it made me feel uncomfortable. I looked aside to avoid his eyes.

Earn gave me a disappointed look when he didn’t find the thing he was searching for on my face. He finally freed Fee out his grip. I held Fee on the wrist then took the direction outside. Earn couldn’t avert his gaze from us, especially from my hand that tightly held Fee.

  „Don’t you want to know what happened before you pick a side?“, Earn asked me as I was about to leave the cafeteria. He tried to hide his hurting feelings but I noticed how hurt he was that I choose Fee over him.

This unexpected question from him made me froze on the spot. His sad voice was like a thousand knives penetrating through my heart, it caused sharp pains in my chest. I couldn’t find the heart to look at him.

  „I don’t need to know who caused the fight. I just have to know who lost his coolness first and from what I saw until now, I’m sure you would be the first to use your fist“, I spoke in a cold voice to him.

I continued my way while grabbing Fee tightlier. Earn’s eyes followed me till we exited the cafeteria. Fee and I appeared in the garden where we could be alone. I let him go, turned away from him and sighed.

  „Why did you do that?“, was my question for him. I need to know why a fight broke between them again. Why must I be the reason for them to quarrel like that?

  „You know why I’m like that. I want you. He should finally let you free.“

Somehow this answer from him calmed me down. Now that I know he didn’t argue with him because Earn confessed his love to me too, it took some load off my mind. I think he don’t know about that, it should remain this way as long as I didn’t reply to none of their confession.

I sighed then turned back to him, „Please don’t do that again in the future. What if the principal witnessed the fight?“

  „Are you worried about me or about Earn?“

  „How could you ask me that stupid question?“. The anger that just faded away returned. I was furious at him for doubting my worries for him. „Who did I just bring outside? Earn or you?“

As he recognized that he was wrong by doubting me, he calmly sighed and on his hair. „I’m sorry.“

  „Fee, you’re the student council president. If something happens between you two, you would be the one who would be more punished.“

  „Sorry“, he apologized again then came closer to me and hugged me gently.

Fee always comforted me when I was stressed or cried over Earn. Now that I knew that he’s always there for me because he loves me, his hugging was doing the opposite to me. I wasn’t calm at all but instead nervous. My heart thumped, I panicked inside, my body became stiff. Actually I didn’t want to return the hug but I would be rude if I pushed him away. I closed my eyes to go through it.

When I wanted to hug him back, a hand brutally yanked me away, I lost my balance, fell and was about to hit on the ground. I desperately searched for something to hold on, I grabbed on the Shirt of someone and pulled him over. Both of us fell on the ground, I was laying on my back, the person laying on top of me.

  „What the hell did“, I yelled but shutted up as I recognized the person on top of me.

Earn?  Why the hell did you do that for?

We both were so close that our lips almost touched each others. His bulky body,  his strong chest pushed against my slender body, my back was pressing against the ground. I felt his g.e.n.i.t.a.l.e slighty touching against mine, I blushed by that. Gosh, this unbelievable heat! We kept silent for a moment, more over I was speechless from our closeness.

  „Don’t move… Just stand still and don’t touch anything on him“, I repeated in my head.  

My nose itched, I needed to scratch on the spot but it was difficult to move in that kind of situation. If I move, I’ll find myself in an embaressed situation. I have to avoid the worst, like being aroused from our closeness. It was even hard to breath and gulp down.  

He rised, offered me a helping hand. I remained flabbergasted for a moment, wasn’t still able to response to him. The sun behind him reflected its light on him, his tan skin shone gold under the warm sunlight, his handsome face caught my attention. My heart skipped a beat, sweat ran down my forehead, I finally gulped. It lasted a moment before I could move again. I shook my head to come back to earth, I slowly approached him with my hand, placed my palm on his warm hand. He gently wrapped his hand around mine, his grip was tight as if he was afraid something would happen to me if he losened the grip. He pulled me up. Although I was standing straight on my feet, he still didn’t let go of me. Somebody cought behind me, I yanked myself free from him. The principal was behind me, he was angrily swapping his foot.

  „You three come with me“, he ordered and went in a direction.

Earn and I made eye contact before he, Fee and I followed the principal. He told us to wait for him, he would call us seperate in his office. We waited in front of the door. A bench for three persons was before us. Fee sat on one end of the bench, Earn took seat on the other end. The only spot remaining for me was the place in the middle.

Damn it! Earn and Fee, you’re both really horrible, no wicked suited you better. Why must I sit between you two who confessed your love to me a few days ago? Are you doing it on purpose?

I tensed up, made myself thin and sat down while closing my eyes to have more courage. Since I couldn’t see anything, I almost sat on Earn’s lap. No way! Really pete? Do you have to embaress yourself more than that?

My face reddened from embaressment, my eyes were fixed on the wall in front of me, I couldn’t even blink. It was impossible to stretch myself because I didn’t want to touch none of them. Gosh! What kind of situation did I brought myself in? How should I handle or survive this situation? Please somebody help me.

The principal came out his office, „Fee, come inside“, he summoned him.

Fee looked like he didn’t want to let Earn and me alone. He unwillingly followed him in his office. Now only Earn and I remained outside. What should I do, no, I mean what should I say? I was flustered. Why is it so hot in here? I’m sweating, my Shirt was a little bit wet.  Earn didn’t say anything either. His silence made me more nervous. I waited for him to talk to me but he just kept silent.

The wound on my stomach ached a little bit. I covered my belly with an arm to ease the pain. Only now did he glance at me, he was worried about my condition.

  „Are you okay?“

  „Yeah“, I lied, „Don’t worry about me.“

Again an odd silence laid around us. He sighed then went a hand through his hair.

  „Do you really love Fee so much?“, finally a word from him.

  „What?“

  „Can’t you try it with me, maybe you’ll learn to love me“. He made a short break, „Will you go on a date with me?“

  „Earn“, I faintly called his name.

I would do it. It would made me happy to go on a date with you but what should I say to Fee? He’s in love with me since long time ago and is waiting for my reply after he told me he loves me. I hurted him by not knowing about his crush for me. I do want to be with you but without hurting Fee anymore. I want to know how it feel to be someone you hold dear in your heart. I want to feel your love!

He waited for my answer but when I took too long with the reply, he just gave me a little sad smile that let chill ran down my spine. It hurts. Please don’t look at me like that as if I was the evil one? I’m just confused about the current situation.

He then left without bidding farewell. I couldn’t hide the longing look on my face. The gape between us grew bigger, I had the urge to call him back to my side. I saw to him till he disapeared from my view. I was so fixed on him that I didn’t notice Fee standing beside me. Our eyes made contact.