You love him, right?

Waiting for you to love me

After Fee comforted me, he brought me home so we could dry our cloths. Now we were in the kitchen to drink something hot to warm our cold bodys. He sat on the chair in front of me. I took the electric kettle that heated the water up and poured hot water in his cup. I filled my mug with water too. He sipped a little from his tea.

I watched closer at him. Unfortunately my Jeans and T-Shirt were too tight for him that’s why he had to wore my sizeable red pyjama til his cloths dried. Seriously, he looked like a helpless bunny that was forced to wear this pyjama and wasn't happy about it. Even if he looked funny in this costumes, I wasn’t in the mood to laugh after my fight with Earn. I put a sad face on, I was lost in thought.

  „Ouch“, i heard Fee screaming and jumped out of my thought.

  „What happened?“

  „I scalded my tongue“, he answered me and sticked his tongue out. It was indeed red. This guy really burned himself with hot Tea.

  „How could you be that careless“, i said head shooking. I poured a little bit of cold water in his half filled cup.

He carefully drank a sip from the tea, „Better.“

Silence laid in the air. I didn’t know what to discuss with him about so i waited calmly.

  „I envy Earn“, this comment of him brought an end to the silence beween us.

  „Why?“

  „You love him so much and he…“, he stopped himself from speaking further.

Somehow I wasn’t surprised that he knew about my secret crush for Earn. Since the day we met in the restaurant, I already realized from his strange behaviour toward me and from the way he comforted me that he already noticed my love for him. I remained calm, „Since when did you know about it?“

  „Since the day you began to have a longing look on your face whenever Earn was around… Or maybe it was since the day you started to be interested in everything concerned him.“

  „Do you find me digusting for loving the same ?“

  „Not really. Everybody has the right to love whoever he wants. Love doesn’t know boundaries.“

  „You surprise me with this speech. I didn’t know you’re such a romanticist“, was a joke to break the tense atmosphere between us.

He laughed then put in a few seconds after a gloomy face on. „I’m not that slow like Earn. Your love for him is so obvious but yet he can’t see it. I guess, he’s blind.“

  „Blind in love with Noh“, i muttered.

Although i spoke quietly, he still heard me. „Noh’s not the reason for his blindness“. He laughed at Earn, „To give you an ultimatum was a big mistake from him. He wanted to get rid of me but didn’t expect you to choose me. His jealousy blinded his senses“, he explained to me. „You’re a silent, stong-minded boy who can be elusive sometimes but because of your love for him, you’re acting out of character. You’re talkative, you laugh and smile whenever he’s by your side. You’re angry and jealous if he doesn’t give you the attention you want. You’re weak and easily hurt if he’s observing Noh...“. His shining eyes were directed on me, it was like his gaze pierced through me. When he observe me like that, I have the feeling he can see trough me and that scare me. „He’s the only one who can bring such mess in your life that’s why i envy him so much.“ A little smile appeared on his face, but it looked like a fake smile that tried to disguise his sadness and all of his anger. Why’s he acting that hurt? Did I do something wrong to him too? Why am I such a jinx who bring unhappiness to the people I care about?

I stared at him for a while, somehow I couldn’t comment to his remark. With everything he just said, he hitted the right spot. It’s true that I change whenever Earn’s next to me, unfortunately I can’t do anything against it. „That I’m helpless around him is not something to envy.“

  „Of course it’s something valuable. That signified how much he meant to you. Just some minutes ago you cried over him but now you’re acting all tough because someone else’s standing in front of you.“

  „It isn’t valuable anymore if the person doesn’t retun the feeling“, i mumbled. My palms scalded as I held the hot mug tighly, I ignored the pain and tried to hide it.

Fee took the cup out my hand and examined my scalded hands. He softly over my palms without hurting me. „Don’t hurt yourself over someone like him. He isn’t worth it.“

We glanced at each other. The sadness inside me slowly faded away, I was just happy to have someone i can rely on. A romantic atmosphere laid in the air. He came closer to me. My eyes grew wider as his lips were a few inches from mine, I gulped, my head went blank.

  "Thump, Thump, Thump", were the loud and fast sound my heart was making when we stood close to each other. 

Is he going to kiss me? I became stiff from shock but to my surprise he didn’t kiss me. Instead he just tapped on my forehead. His lips curved into a little, devious grin. I blushed and blinked many times. To hide my red face from him, i turned away from embarassment.

  „I… I… I should make you something to eat“. I ruffled my hair messy while searching for something eatable in the refrigerator. This guy’s confusing me. Why did he do that? Did he want to mess with me?

  „You’re blind too, Pete. You can’t see the person in front of you who really loves you“. His voice was low but i could hear him clearly.

This comment made me froze on the spot. He sat down on his chair then gulped the tea down.  A few side dishes my mom cooked for me were on one side in the refrigerator. I put noodles in a pot filled with water then put it on the cooker. I sat before him and silently sipped on my lukewarm tea.