Please, notice me!

Waiting for you to love me

Earn was doing it again, watching Noh with this longing look on his face. I gazed irritated at him. Does he only has eyes for Noh? What about me, his best friend, who’s always by his side, help him with his studies and try to make him laugh if he’s depressed? Why can’t he see how sad my eyes turns every time Noh is around? Is he really so blind that he can’t see the jealousy in me that’s about to explod? I have many questions but none answer to them.

Two months ago i realized i had romantic feelings for him. I didn’t want him to find out about my crush because i was afraid he would feel disgusted and end our relation. To protect our precious friendship, i hide my love for him deep inside my heart. But since i found out about his unrequiered crush for Noh, my feelings for him awoke from its deep sleep. Now i want him to pay more attention to me, love and cherish me but i have to resist this desire.

  „Please notice me“, i begged in my thoughts.

But it seemed that he can’t take his eyes from Noh. Noh noticed him and winked smiling at him. In return he gave him a big smile that exposed his 32 white teeth. It was a smile he never showed me. Now i was boiling with jealousy. It’s truth that i prefer to hide my feelings to keep him close to me but there’s a limit to my patience. Whenever i see him with Noh, i feel a sharp pain in my chest. It’s hurt so much that i want to cry and yell at him for ignoring me. However, i can’t do this for the sake of our friendship.

Sorry, i can’t take it anymore. With this many mixed feelings inside me, it’s impossible for me to currently stay his best friend. I have to keep my distance from him.

Tears filled my eyes but i restrained myself from crying I stood up and wanted to go but i looked back at Earn. He was so busy gazing at Noh that he didn’t realize that i was leaving the room.

  „Bastard!“, i cursed him. „He didn’t even know that i didn’t eat anything in the lunch time“, i quietly muttered. He didn’t hear me cursing him and this made me angrier. I walked out of the cafeteria and appeared in the garden. No one was around. It feel great to be the only one here. Now i can relax and release some stress. I laid down on the grass and looked at the blue sky. Not even a dark cloud could to be found. Looking at the wonderful, sunny sky eased my mind a little bit.

Slowly i felt sleepy. I closed my eyes and began to fall asleep.

 

Somebody gently shook me on the shoulder. I jumped out of my peaceful sleep, quickly opened my eyes and detected a person in front of me. My vision was still blurry so i couldn’t tell who the person in front of me was. When i closed my eyes and opened them in few seconds again, i could finally recognize the guy. It was Fee, the student council president. He held a pile of ca. fourteen workbooks in his hands.

  „What are you doing here?“, i friendly asked him.

  „I was going to give this a teacher and saw you laying here. Didn’t you hear the schoolbell?“

  „What do you mean?“

  „The schoolbell rang five minutes ago“, he answered me with a big grin.

  „What?“, i shouted from surprise and stood up abruptly. „Don’t tell me i overslept?“

He laughed for a brief moment then struggled with the pile of workbooks.

  „Do you need help?“, i offered him.

  „It would be nice“, he gladly accepted my offer. „Aren’t you in hurry for the class?“

  „I’m already late so it doesn’t matter if i show up five minutes later“, i told him.

I took half of the workbooks. We walked forward to the school door. 

  „Didn’t you hear the bell rang?“, he asked me again.

  „No, i was deep asleep.“

  „Hahaha, i bet you was dreaming about something nice and didn’t want to wake up“, he brightly smirked as if he knew something. „Or was this dream about a special person?“

My face immediately turned red. I don’t know why but as he mentioned about „a special person“, i suddenly thought about Earn, his handsome face and his brown tanned, strong body. Sweat formed on my forehead. My heart thumped fast. I gulped down the saliva to save me from drooling.

  „No, no“, i tried to defend myself. „It was the first time in two month that i slept peacefully“, i explained him.

  „Really?“, he sounded like he doesn’t believe me. But it was the truth. I couldn’t sleep well since i discovered that i have feelings for my best friend. Today is the first time in two months that i could sleep without worry. 

How could i think about Earn in this situation? I tried hard to delete the picture of Earn‘s bare, hot body out of my mind but it proved to be difficult. Instead my face turned redder. I wanted to hide my embaressed look but Fee already spotted my red face. I shook my head harder to get rid of this thought. 

  „Pete?“, someone shouted my name.

I startled a little bit. This familiar voice! It was Earn’s. He called me a second, third, fourth and fifth time. I didn’t expect him to search for me that’s why i was speechless for a moment. Somehow i’m scared at the imagination of Earn and Fee meeting each other like this. I began to panick. Sweat runned down my forehead. I heard Earn coming closer to us. How’ll he react if he saw Fee, his enemy so close by my side?