Control

CREARTURE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“If I told you what I was would you turn your back on me? And if I seemed dangerous would you be scared?” this is a question Do Kyungsoo longed to ask but feared the answer, so he never did.

Do Kyungsoo is a 17 year old high school student who is different. Not the typical difference we see every day, but a rare difference we never actually see. He is a different creature, he is not human, not vampire, not cyborg, not werewolf and not anything we know from TV and movies.

Do Kyungsoo was orphaned when he was only 2 years old, so he knows nothing about what he is. He calls himself CREATURE and that defines everything he certainly is. He was admitted into an orphanage by their apartment’s landlord who found his parents lying dead on the day of their payment. His parents’ death was closed as an unsolved case. Sadly, Kyungsoo has no memories of his parents; he only has one photograph of their family which he does not remember taking as he was just introduced to life. Kyungsoo met many people at the orphanage and made many friends, but as his true nature started controlling his physical body, he became scared. When Kyungsoo became 10 years old, his body felt sturdier and super stouter. At night, his eyes would change to light green and his chest would hurt. His sudden strength development was not compatible with his mental age. Though his body was small, he was stronger than most wrestlers out there in Korea. At the age of 13, Kyungsoo’s teeth started becoming sharper when he’s angry and he could not control his actions during those times.

Kyungsoo was scared, of himself, and of hurting others. He started distancing himself from others and as a result he became an outcast in school. He tried to earn money so that he would move out of the orphanage and into an apartment; he didn’t want to hurt his friends and his caretakers. Though life was moving at a smooth pace for Kyungsoo, things changed on his 15th birthday. Kyungsoo was bullied by a student and his gang.

Frankly speaking, Kyungsoo did not mind being bullied, hit or even tortured. What he was really scared of was the possibility of them finding out he is a creature. On one of these days of him getting bullied, something happened. Kyungsoo was hit very strongly on his head by one of the bullies, consequently he fell down and his family’s photograph fell to ground. The leader of the gang saw the picture and smiled. He was just about to give up on bullying Kyungsoo because of his ‘no reaction’ attitude, but when he saw the picture he was suddenly felt the urge to go on. He pulled the picture close to his face, and grinned while looking. He pulled out his other hand which was tucked in his pocket and held the photo by both hands. Slowly and very slowly, the leader started pulling the photo apart; he was tearing the photo into half.

The sight of the picture being torn apart brought tears into Kyungsoo’s eyes and strength in his arms. Using only half of his power, Kyungsoo pinned the bully to the wall, and hit him so hard in his stomach. He cried and cried and his eye changed colors but he managed to turn around on time. He didn’t want them to see his scary appearance but he was angry. “Monster..” the words echoed into Kyungsoo’s ears. He wanted to deny it but he knew he couldn’t. He ran straight along the path to the orphanage while trying to calm himself down.

After that incident, Kyungsoo changed schools. He was quiet, isolated and unfriendly in his new school. He did not want the same incident to repeat itself once again. The words he heard that day never stopped echoing into his ears; neither the words, nor the voice. What he forgot instead was the faces of the bullies who made him angry.

On his 16th birthday Kyungsoo received a present from an anonymous sender. He opened the box and in it were a letter and a card.

Dear Kyungsoo,

I know you have been struggling by yourself all this while. I’m really apologetic for not being there for you; but still I can’t reveal myself… at least not now. The card right there contains a tremendous amount of money and you are free to use it any way you like. Don’t h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter