● 40

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana smoothed the skirt of the dress that stopped mid-thighs. The reflection in the mirror stared back at her. Her brunette hair was styled in a twisted crown braid, and Hana fixed the rest of her brown curls that fell down her back.

 

The deep burgundy of the dress brought out the caramel of her eyes. She put on some makeup, trying to be as presentable as she could without looking like she's trying too much, while wearing a new dress that had her touring the fashion district the day before with a hairstyle that had her sitting in front of a Youtube tutorial for half an hour.

 

Nope. Who's trying ? Not me.

 

Hopefully, her tremendous effort to look pretty will go unnoticed.

 

So, what exactly was the occasion that had her dragging Hanbin into every high-end boutique in Cheongdamdong just to look for a perfect dress ?

 

A date.

 

To be more precise, her birthday date that she'll have with Taehyung that evening.

 

It's October 21.

 

She doesn't even know why she was nervous since she had gone out with him so many times before but the mere thought of it being an official date made her restless.

 

Thank God her father wasn't home. That's how she could spend the whole yesterday with Hanbin, celebrating her birthday. She stopped minding if her father was ever present for her birthday long ago. Heck, she has stopped looking forward to her birthday for years now.

 

Who would have thought she'd celebrate it for three days straight this year ?

 

Yesterday, Hanbin had spoilt her rotten, getting her all the ice creams she wanted, anything and anywhere she wanted. Hana was reluctant at first at Hanbin spending too much, but she later realised that it's his own way to compensate for all her birthdays that he missed.

 

Today, she slept in, knowing that Taehyung would pick her up at 6. However, ever since she woke up, the jumpy and nervous tingles never left her.

 

Tomorrow, Sehun planned to throw a small party to celebrate her birthday. She had gotten much closer to them these past few months, especially to Soojung. Hana had made sure to remind Sehun that he better keeps his promise that it'll be a small party or she's going home.

 

All in all, it was looking like the best birthday she'll be having after quite some time of not even celebrating.

 

Snapping out of her thoughts, Hana glanced at the wall clock.

 

5:48

 

He'll be here anytime soon. With that realisation, she did some last minute touch up, made sure there's no lipstick in her teeth, no hair out of place.

 

She grabbed her ivory wool coat and her shoulder bag, rushing downstairs. Hana was slipping into her Mary-Jane pumps that Hanbin had bought for her when the sound of car’s hon was heard.

 

Oh my god, he's here.

 

Locking the doors, Hana headed out with a nervous steps. As soon as she opened the gate, she was greeted by the sight of Taehyung, in all his glory, leaning on his car, waiting for her.

 

His head snapped up at the sound of the gate and Hana chuckled awkwardly when their eyes met. He looked sinfully handsome in a mocha topcoat, paired with a white jumper and a black pants.

 

“Hey.” She gave him a warm smile, to which he replied with a dazzling one of his own.

 

“You look very pretty.” Taehyung . “I didn't know you could braid. Very fancy one at that.”

 

Hana rolled her eyes, “Shut up, Tae, or I'm going back in.”

 

He just laughed at the pink tint decorating her cheeks. The rare occasion when Kang Hana blushes. He went to hug her, “Happy belated birthday, dummy.”

 

“Where's my present ?” Hana mumbled in his embrace. She could feel his laughter as her cheek was pressed on his chest.

 

“Later.” He let go of her and went to open the passenger door. Hana got in after thanking him.

 

“Where are we going ?” Taehyung had insisted on keeping the venue and event a secret, and after much futile pesters, Hana realised he wasn't going to budge so she just gave up. Surprises won't hurt, right ?

 

He just hummed, “You'll see.”

 

With a dejected huff, Hana leaned back into the leather seat, watching as they passed by the roads filled with orange leaves covering the sidewalks. Autumn was in the air, colouring everything golden.

 

Fall is her favourite season.

 

Her mind wandered off to what she had planned today. Even though it's a dinner to celebrate her, and that he should be the one making plans, she had her own too.

 

However, Hana was still unsure how she's going to execute the plan, or if she's even going to carry it out. She needed some backbone and adrenaline. Her palms began to sweat the longer she thought about it so Hana decided to shift her mind to the road instead. She'll think about it when she gets to it.

 

Taehyung noticed Hana’s silence ever since they left her house. She was unusually quiet and that bothered him greatly since she's normally talkative during car rides.

 

“I wouldn't take you to elope with me you know ? Stop being so nervous.” Taehyung joked. Testing the water.

 

Hana was startled from her train of thoughts. She let out a soft chuckle, “Who's nervous, idiot ?”

 

“Whatever you say.” Taehyung rolled his eyes. “So how was your birthday yesterday ?”

 

“It was fun ! I never ate that much ice cream in one day.” Hana grinned as she recalled all the flavours she tasted and the uncountable parlours they went to yesterday.

 

“As expected from you. I seriously need to get you check for diabetes.”

 

“I have a very high sugar tolerance.”

 

“As if that's even legit.”

 

“It is, you jealous .”

 

“Watch how jealous I am as you get your body parts cut off because of all those sugars you take.” He snickered.

 

“I hate you.” She fumed.

 

“Don't worry, princess. I'll still love you then.”

 

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

 

They were in a cable car.

 

Where to ? Namsan Tower.

 

She had told him how she never went to Namsan Tower before, and how cool it must be, but that was one time, which she didn't even think he would remember.

 

But here they were. In a cable car going upwards. Below them were the buildings and the golden trees of fall.

 

Taehyung watched Hana's eyes widened as she took in the whole view while adjusting to the fact that she's practically flying.

 

It was the cutest thing ever.

 

She was a little scared when they got into the cable car. He knew she never ride one before, and it could be pretty terrifying for some people. She had blinked so many times trying to calm herself down.

 

“It's going to be fine.” Taehyung whispered, trying to soothe her nerves.

 

Hana smiled, although it turned into a frown, “It's safe, right ? I mean, if it's not people won't ride it, right ?”

 

He chortled, taking her hand into his, drawing small circles in hopes of calming her down, “Of course. Don't worry. We’ll get there before you know it, just close your eyes.”

 

As soon as they had taken off, Hana’s fear was long forgotten. She was at the wall of the cable car, nose touching the glass as she stared at the view in awe.

 

“It's so beautiful.” She sighed in wonder.  The smile still decorating her pretty face.

 

Taehyung blinked, not taking her eyes off of the girl beside him.

 

“It is.”

 

If Hana wasn't so caught up with the view before her, she would've noticed that Taehyung had been enjoying a different view.

 

A few minutes later, they reached the peak. After buying the ticket, they headed into the elevator to get to the upper floors of the tower. Since it was close to 7, which was when Taehyung had reserved their dinner for, they went straight to the top of Namsan Tower.

 

It was the highest point of the tower, and the French restaurant was rotating so they could enjoy the night view of the whole city while enjoying their meal.

 

Hana had gushed about how expensive the meal was and how unnecessary it was for Taehyung to spend that much just for her birthday when they could've eaten at the Italian or Korean restaurant on the lower floors of the tower. However, Taehyung just smiled saying she had to foot the bill for all their take outs for a month, to which Hana squinted her eyes at.

 

The appetizers and main dishes were served accordingly. Both of it were very fancy dishes, that was made even more delicious by the view. They were engaged in light conversations about the most random topics.

 

They weren't too many people in the restaurant, but it was enough to make the place look lively. Hana noticed most of them were couples. She glanced at Taehyung, wondering what are they.

 

Friends don't look at each other like that. Friends don't give her butterflies and make her heart skips a beat. Friends aren't supposed to make her this nervous.

 

Just when she was about to get lost in her deep thoughts, the classical music was changed into a familiar piano piece. She looked as everyone else noticed the change of music. She raised her eyes at Taehyung who seemed nonchalant about it, as if he didn't even realised.

 

Hana was about to shrug it off when suddenly, the piano tune became louder as two waiters made their way to them. It was a birthday song, and it was a slow one. One of the waiter was holding a cute dome shaped cake with the number 18 candles light up on the top of the cake. The other one was holding balloons.

 

Hana could only gasp as her cheeks warmed at the attention everyone was giving at her. She threw her gaze at the guy before her who had a cheeky grin and a mischievous eyes.

 

He knew she didn't feel comfortable being the centre of attention and she could see the amused glint in his brown orbs at her flustered face. He was enjoying it so much she wanted to strangle him.

 

Screw you, Kim Taehyung.

 

Suddenly, they started singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to her, clapping along. After the dreadful song finally ended, Hana was already red. She wanted to hide under the table will all the eyes that was watching them with amusement and a knowing look.

 

“Make a wish.” Taehyung smiled, gesturing at the candles.

 

Hana kicked his leg underneath the table before closing her eyes. Once she was done making her wish, she blew the candles. Taehyung, along with other waiters and to her horror, a few diners around them, clapped to congratulate her.

 

“It's a special ice cream cake, made by our chef just for you, Miss Hana. We'll serve the dessert and if there's anything you want, let us know.” The guy smiled at her, placing the cake at the centre of the table.

 

The one holding the balloons placed them at the side of the table. They bowed after Taehyung said thank you. Hana was still too overwhelmed so she could only nod and gave them an awkward smile. Just as they said, another waitress came with their desserts and plates for the cake.

 

Taehyung smirk, “Happy birthday, bunny.”

 

Hana groaned, “I'm going to murder you.”

 

“I'm flattered, sweetheart. Now let's cut the cake, before it melts.” He winked mockingly at her.

 

Hana sighed before a smile forced it's way to her face. She couldn't lie, it felt good if she put aside her discomfort at being the centre of attention. She felt special.

 

Taehyung watched as her lips curved into a smile that he knew she was trying to suppress. Slowly, her face broke into a grin, “Just so you know, I still hate you.”

 

“Trust me. I know.” He winked.

 

Hana rolled her eyes as she cut the cake, excited to taste the ice cream cake that was specially made for her, “This is the only thing that's keeping me from strangling you. If this is not good, I'm leaving.”

 

“I thought ice cream could never go wrong ?”

 

She closed her eyes as the cake melts in , the sweetness and mint were a burst of flavour, “Oh my god.”

 

“That good ?” Taehyung let out a chortle watching her reaction.

 

She took another bite. “I could kiss you right now.”

 

Taehyung choked on his cake. He raised his head to look at the girl before him, enjoying her ice cream as if she didn't just blurted out those word that threw him completely off his guard. He swallowed, trying to calm his heart that was beating too fast it starting to scare him.

 

This girl was already the death of him.

 

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

 

“That's your house.”

 

“No.” Taehyung snorted. “That's not even my neighbourhood, dummy.”

 

“Really ?” Hana let out a breathy laugh as her eyes wandered to the rest of the city before her. They were on the rooftop deck of Namsan Tower. The place was already close to people except for the guest of the fifth observatory floor. So they were practically the only people there.

 

“Where's the lock ?” Hana asked, palm opened before her.

 

Taehyung raised an eyebrow, “What lock ?”

 

She squinted her eyes him, while pointing at the millions of tiny locks decorating the railings of the deck. “Don't tell me you didn't bring any !”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter