● 16

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Author's POV]

 

'It stings.' Taehyung screamed, running to the sink and started splashing waters to his eyes. Hana was grinning, soft chuckles escaped her lips.

 

'Are you okay ?' Hana asked. She was sitting on the stool on the kitchen island, overseeing Taehyung cooking session. She still can't wrap her head around.

 

'Why are you laughing, dummy ? I might go blind ! What are you going to do ?' Taehyung yelled, still rubbing his eyes under the running water. Deep down, he was relieved to hear Hana's laughter. He has been trying to cheer her up for quite a while now. Finally, he unintentionally succeeded. Painful but worth it.

 

'Stop exaggerating, Tae. Who goes blind while cutting onions ?' Hana said, exasperated.

 

'Do not mock my pain !'

 

'Stop it, drama queen.' Hana threw a kitchen towel at Taehyung. 'Get to your pancakes before it burns. I have a feeling it won't be edible but don't try to burn it just so you can get away.'

 

'Fine. You have no conscience.' Taehyung finally stop bending over the sink and went back to his korean vegetable pancakes, still rubbing his eyes.

 

They both stared at the pan with hungry eyes and empty stomach.

 

'It needs to cook faster.' Taehyung said, turning the stove higher. 

 

Suddenly, Taehyung's phone rang in the back pocket of his navy blue school pants.

 

'Hana, can you take the phone for me. My hands are dirty.' Taehyung motioned to his back pocket. Hana went to Taehyung and pick up the call. She put it on loud speaker and sat back at the stool.

 

'Kim Taehyung !' Taehyung's face turned pale. A hint of recognition crossed his mind. He quickly made his way besides Hana.

 

'Where the hell are you ? The school called and told me you ran out of the school during lesson time. Taehyung, answer me !' The person on the other end yelled. A smile form on Hana's face at the statement. A funny feeling crept up at the thought that Taehyung had run for her. She looked at him still in his uniform. The white shirt's long sleeves were rolled up. His blazer and tie hanged upstairs in Hana's room to dry. His pants were wet too where he sat on the bathroom floor but it has dried up now. Hana smiled at how bizarre the whole scene was.

 

'Da-Dad, the teachers were exaggerating ! I just go for a run.' Taehyung answered, stuttering. He cursed himself for not remembering to tell his dad that he's skipped school.

 

'A run ? I'm going to drag you by the leg to the school. Where are you ?' Hana smiled at the affection in Mr. Kim's voice, obvious even though he tried hard to be angry. 

 

'I'm at Hana's. She missed me so much she asked me to come over, Dad. Drag her by the leg to school, not me !' Taehyung yelled at Hana while pointing at her as if his dad could see him. Hana just feigned shocked with a betrayed face that almost made Taehyung laughed. 

 

'Oh, you're at Hana's place ? Is Hana there ?' Mr. Kim asked, sounding startled.

 

'Hello, uncle. How are you ?' Hana greeted.

 

'Hello, Hana. I'm doing fine. Haven't seen you for a while. Taehyung's mom misses you. You should come over.' Mr. Kim said and Hana laughed.

 

'When I have time, I'll come, uncle.' Hana replied politely.

 

'Do come, okay ? Anyway, I don't want to interrupt anything. Enjoy whatever you guys were doing earlier. Keep it PG guys.' Hana's face was as red as tomato and Taehyung already came to Hana to end the call.

 

'That's not cool, dad. Bye !' Taehyung quickly press the red button.

 

'Bye !' Mr. Kim's laugh could be heard before the line went off. 

 

'Well, that was my dad.' Taehyung laughed awkwardly while rubbing the back of his neck. 

 

'So.' Hana started, a mischievous grin on her face. 'You ran for me, huh ? Miss me that much ? Can't wait to see me ?' Hana teased, nudging Taehyung with her elbow, while raising her eyebrows.

 

'Shut up, dummy.' Hana laughed seeing Taehyung's red ears.

 

'Wait, what's this smell ? Taehyung, our pancakes !!' Hana screamed, hopping off the stool and followed Taehyung to the stove.

 

Taehyung quickly turned the stove off and stared hopelessly to the bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter