● 25

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'I have to go home.'


That was the first thing Hanbin said as he got back inside the hotel room, after a heated argument with his mom on the phone. That was also the words that she has been dreading to hear.

She knew Hanbin can't stay forever and the past ten days that he had was miracles, a gift she couldn't have dared to ask for before this. However, it still upset her that she has to part with Hanbin when she just met him again after so long.

'You do ?' She pouted.

'I'm sorry.' Hanbin sighed in regret. He wanted to stay longer with her. 'Mom figured out I was not staying at Jiwon's. She wants me to be back now.'

Hana tried to smile, 'Well, then you have to go.'

Hanbin sat beside her at the end of the bed, 'Are you sure you're going to be okay ?'

'Of course. You have to go now ?'

'Yeah. She'll threw me out if I got there late.' Hanbin joked.

'She won't. She'll love you too much.' Hana giggled but Hanbin's smile dropped.

'Hana-'

'I didn't mean it that way. It's not about me, Hanbin. I got over it.' Hana quickly reassured Hanbin before he could feel guilty.

'Come home with me. You said you wanted to get out of the house anyway. This is your chance-'

'Hanbin, no. No matter how much I want to leave the place, I don't want to go somewhere where I'm not wanted.' Hana said in a sad whisper.

Hanbin still not fond of the idea of leaving her sister with their abusive dad, 'Hana, she'll change her mind once she sees you. She will see how pretty of a lady you've grown into and how much time she has lost with you while you were growing up and she will regret it-'

Hana stopped him before he could go any further, 'You know that's not true. You know her better than I do. You know she wouldn't go back on her words. She doesn't want me then, she doesn't want me now.'

It hurt Hanbin to hear the raw emotion in her sister's plead. He knew she was right and that set him off. He hated the fact that their mom had chosen him over Hana. He never gets it.

'Hanbin, please. Just go home. Let's not make this hard for both of us than it already is.' Hana soften.

'Fine. Though I'm still not sure if you're going to be fine here, alone.'

'I'm not alone. Taehyung's going to be back and he's going to be there and I'll call you every now and then.' Hana comforted Hanbin.

Hanbin smirked, 'Of course. What was I thinking, worrying if you'll miss me too much. Taehyung. Taehyung. Taehyung.'

Hana face reddened at Hanbin's words, 'Shut up.'

Hanbin pinched her cheek and ruffled her hair. He was honestly glad that Taehyung was there and that there's someone he could trust to look after her sister. He hasn't get to know him yet but from what he heard from his sister, this Taehyung was a good guy.

And his sister obviously liked him.

Hanbin started packing his things into his luggage and so was Hana. She had been staying at the hotel with Hanbin since he's been here so there were as many of Hanbin's clothes as there was hers.

Once they finished, Hana started going around the room to check for anything that they missed, not wanting to leave anything behind. They then made their way to the lobby to check out before leaving.

'You want me to send you home or somewhere else ?' Hanbin asked Hana who was too caught up in the views the summer had to offer.

'Home.' She always thought that it was funny how the only place that she held a great loathing for, was her home.

They soon arrived and Hanbin helped to get Hana's bag from the back of the car. He carried it until they reached the front gate.

'Dad's not home. His car's not here. It should be fine.' Hana tried to assure Hanbin but it came out as if she was comforting herself.

'If he hurt you again, let me know. Promise ?'

Hana knew she wouldn't. She won't go around worrying Hanbin like that. She'll manage. Or at least she would make sure she does. She had all these while. What could a couple of beating more do that it hasn't already done ?

But she can't make Hanbin worry so she took his pinky finger, 'Promise.'

They hugged then. A long, warm hug, where both of them were unwilling to let go. It was not so sad this time as they both know they'll meet again very soon.

So the 'See you soon' that were exchanged was tearless and the goodbyes that were waved, as Hanbin's car slowly disappeared from the view, was of hope to meet again.

Hana decided to go for Taehyung's house to check if he's home when she figured that her dad was out of the town since his luggage was gone. She walked to Taehyung's and stopped when the house looked the same as the last time she was here with Hanbin, quiet and empty.

She sat in front of the gate for quite a while, trying to call him while constantly ringing the bell. She knew it was futile. She knew her calls would be directed to voice mails like it has been for more than a week and no one would open the door.

Suddenly, a middle age woman who was walking her dog passed her.

The woman seemed sweet, 'Hello, young lady. What are you doing sitting out here alone ?'

'Oh, hello.' Hana greeted politely. The woman seemed very friendly and she looked like she lived around the neighborhood so Hana decided to ask, 'I'm looking for my friend that lives here. Do you know where they went ?'

The woman looked at her with gloomy eyes, 'You mean, the boy ?'

Hana had a bad feeling all of a sudden, 'Yes. Do you know him ?'

'I'm their neighbor. I live there.' The woman pointed to a brick bungalow, two houses away from the Kim's. 'They went to the States. They did every year.'

'Oh, I didn't know. He didn't say anything about a vacation.' Hana said, slightly deflated. She wondered why Taehyung hasn't mentioned it to her.

'It wasn't a vacation. They went there because of their son's medical requirements.' The woman said perplex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter