● 15

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'I'm sorry. Goodbye, Taehyung'

 

'Hana ? What are you saying ? Hana, stop whatev-' The call was ended. '. This stupid, stupid girl.' 

 

I ran. I ran like I've never ran before. I ran like my life depend on it, and for a split second, I thought it did. I didn't even stop to care about the guard at the entrance that was yelling for me to stop. I didn't even stop to care about the traffic or the car passing by. I just ran with only one thought in my mind, I need to get there in time.

 

When I got there, I didn't even bother to ring the bell. I jumped through her low gates and ran into the house. Her front door was locked so I ran to the back door. To my relief, it wasn't lock. 

 

The house has an eerie feeling to it even though it has a very nice interior, like there's no life in this house. Following my instinct, I quickly dash upstairs, checking every room. 

 

The first one, I guess, was her parent's. The second one looked more girly with white bed and pastel wallpapered walls. The room was pretty, if it wasn't for the mess. There's things thrown everywhere except on the bed. Someone went mad here. The study table was spotless, around it was what I assumed to be her things that was previously sitting on the white table.

 

I trust my guts and went inside, believing that it's Hana's room. She was nowhere to be seen, though. There's a door that was slightly ajar and I made my way to it, careful not to step on anything. 

 

I opened it and turned out it was quite a large bathroom, with shower and bathtub. I almost close the door back and start searching to the other rooms before something dark and flowy, floating on the bathtub filled with water, caught my eyes. 

 

I almost slipped trying to get to the bathtub in a rush. My heart stopped when I saw Hana laying down in the bed of the bathtub. Her eyes closed, her white dress floating around her. It hurts to see her peaceful face, a contrast to the my last memories of her.

 

I pulled Hana out of the water, shaking her. Her eyes remained close, but her shoulder shook. Her chest raised and fell furiously in her try to catch all the breath she has lost. I couldn't tell if she was crying, with all the water drenching her. 

 

'What the hell was you thinking ?' I screamed to her face. 'Do you have to be so selfish ? Do you only think of yourself ?'

 

I don't even care if my words hurt her. I don't care at all. 

 

'Why did you come ?' She whispered, still refuses to open her eyes. She gained back her breathing rhythm but her heartbeat was still irregular. I can feel her pulse where my hand touched her bare wrist. I had to feel it. I need to know she's still here. I need to know I wasn't a little too late. 'I didn't ask for you. Do you know how hard it was for me to finally, finally found the courage to, to-' 

 

She couldn't continue. She just cried, tears shaking her body.

 

'To kill yourself ? How courageous, Kang Hana. Do you want me to applaud you ?' I snickered. She opened her eyes then. It was red, with so much pain and anger she didn't even try to conceal. 

 

'You don't understand !' She screamed to my face, her arms hitting my chest. 'You don't know anything !' 

 

'Then make me understand. Tell me what happened. Let me help you.' I begged, my voice soften. 

 

She broke down then, and I couldn't bear to see her like that. I've never seen someone cried so bad. I pulled her to my laps, cradling her on the cold, bathroom floor. 

 

I hold her so close, as if she's a thousand broken pieces I'm trying so hard to hold together. I promised myself then, I'd do anything I can to never make her feel this broken ever again. Never will I let anything hurt her this badly ever again.

 

I ran my hand down her back, where her scars were. My palm rested on her lower back, drawing circles, trying to comfort her. I grimly stared at her scars.

 

'These will be gone someday. I'll heal every single one of them, I promise.' My whispers were drowned by her cries.

 

We stayed like that for about half an hour, until Hana's shaking sobs died down and she was a little calmer. I took her to the room, to warm her trembling cold body. We remain silent, not a word spoken. I don't feel like talking after what happened, not that I have anything to say.

 

I rubbed Hana's wet hair with the towel. She sat still on the edge of the bed, not looking into my eyes. My clothes were still slightly damp. Hana also remained in her soaking white dress

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter