● 33

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Can we meet ?'

A long pause greeted Taehyung from the other end of the phone. He instantly questioned whether or not he was was doing the right thing. No point on regretting now since it was already said and done.

After a pregnant silence, the receiver of the sudden call finally answered, 'Sure. Where ?'

Taehyung didn't even notice he was holding his breath until he heard the answer he had hoped for. He suggested a cafe near a mall in the heart of the city, an easy landmark. After ending the call, his car skidded to a corner, heading towards the promised meeting place.

Throughout the car ride, he had many thoughts in his mind but all of it revolved around one person, which was no surprise to him since lately, the only thing on his mind was nothing else other than her, Kang Hana.

He had come to terms with this feelings he had for her. Although he still wasn't sure what it really was, he knew he had feelings for her. Romantic feelings for her. He cringed and laughed to himself when he thought of how Hana would've cringed too, if she had heard it.

Whatever it was, he had learned to accept it instead of denying its existence for much longer. He can't fool himself anymore; blaming his supposedly weak heart everytime it beats too fast when he was around her or when it constricted in jealously at her interactions with other guys. He's fooling no one.

It wouldn't do him much good anyway. Staying a distant from her didn't do him much good. Not talking to her when she's around didn't do him any good either.

Whatever it was, he needs to solve this problem. He needs to solve it fast and soon before Monday. It's Wednesday. There's still a few days to go but he felt like he didn't have enough time.

Not enough time to get his feelings checked. Not enough time to figure out how deep exactly was her feelings for her. Not enough time to think this thoroughly. Not enough time to think if this really was worth it.

Was it worth his friendship with her ? Was it worth getting things awkward between them ? Was it worth the possibility of her avoiding him ?

He needed time to sort it all out. Sort his heart, his mind, his feelings. He doesn't want to rush into things that he wasn't familiar with. This whole thing was new to him.

It was still foreign to him; the whole needs to see her smile and listen to her laughter and fiddling her delicate fingers and playing with her soft locks. It's all foreign to him. This attachments to people and the constant need to be by their side, it's all alien to Kim Taehyung.

And there was what Soojung had said to him earlier. How Hana thought she was too flawed and too messed up for him. It went beyond his comprehension how she could thought so.

His thoughts was interrupted by the advertising billboard signs indicating that he was closer to the mall now. He drove around, finding an empty spot to park his car. When he found one near the cafe, he placed his black Audi before entering the air conditioned cafe.

His eyes made a quick scanned through the shop, with a specific person in mind. When he couldn't find it, he stole a glance at his watch. Maybe that person hasn't gotten here yet.

Taehyung decided to order a drink since his throat was running dry due to his nervousness about the encounter. He knew how important this meet up was going to be.

Hoping that the familiar sweetness of his caramel machiato could ease his anxiety, Taehyung took a sip. His eyes roamed for a sit when he noticed someone raised his hand at him.

Ah.

No wonder he didn't notice the person before, he was looking for a table that was occupied by one person. The table he was looking at has two.

Taehyung carefully made his steps towards the four seater table, greeting both the people that was enjoying their drinks.

'Hello, sorry I didn't see you. I thought you were coming alone. Did you wait long ?' Taehyung greeted warmly, although he felt so jumpy from the nervousness.

The grey-eyed lad smiled back at him, 'It's okay. I was in the city anyway. I was with my friend so I brought him along. I hope you don't mind.'

Taehyung met the grinning face of the said person. He had never seen this person before, although he seemed friendly. He politely bowed, 'Nice to meet you. I'm Taehyung.'

'I'm Jiwon.' A toothy grin made an appearance. 'Why the hell are we so formal ? I feel like I just joined a business lunch.'

Hanbin laughed, 'I didn't even noticed until I heard you two.'

Taehyung just smiled, still on edge with his first proper encounter with Kang Hanbin, that unlike his friend, gave off a scary vibe.

However, he knew he has to meet with Hanbin before he confessed to Hana. He need to talk to someone who knows Hana best and there's no one who knows her better than his brother despite all the years apart.

He had stole Hanbin's number from Hana's phone when she was asleep on the bus. As soon as the bus reached Seoul, Taehyung went home to change before giving Hanbin a call. He was unsure whether an abrupt call to meet the protective, scary brother of the girl you like was a good idea but when Hanbin said yes, he knew it was right.

'Let's finish this drink and go.' Hanbin's voice pulled him back from his thoughts.

'Go ?' Taehyung asked quizzically.

Jiwon was looking at Hanbin weird, 'I thought we're going to have some threatening talk. Brother to boyfriend talk. I could easily do it for you if you don't know what to say, Han. You can just sit there and look scary.'

Hanbin gave Jiwon a smack, 'I am perfectly capable of doing threatening talk.'

'Okay, Han. You're the gangster. Everyone gets it. Boo hoo hoo.' Jiwon mocked him. Taehyung was trying so hard to stifled his laughter.

Hanbin just rolled his eyes, 'Ha. Ha. Let's talk later. I want to know you first. Let's have some guys time. I want to know what kind of person you are before I decided what kind of talk I need to give you.'

How both of the black haired guy know about Taehyung's intention to meet was beyond him. Was he that obvious ? But then, he never spend time with them.

He just agreed to Hanbin's suggestion and followed them to the nearby mall after the drinks were finished.

Hanbin had wanted to go to the arcade first but Jiwon dragged them to the bowling alley, claiming that arcade has to come last on the activity list or else they'll ended up broke.

Although by the way the two boys dressed, Taehyung was sure it took more than an arcade to get them broke.

No arguments was made by Jiwon suggestion so they headed to the bowling alley.

Turned out Jiwon was no good with bowling like Taehyung had thought he would be for someone who suggested the activity. However, the guy tried his best to convince him and Hanbin that the particular day was not his lucky day. That he didn't want to pressure Taehyung.

Although one look at Hanbin's eye roll told him everyday is Jiwon's unlucky day. He was thankful though, that he wasn't the worst player. Hanbin was especially good at it.

The game ended with Jiwon 'purposely' losing to Taehyung, and Hanbin in first place.

After the game, Jiwon said that they should go to the karaoke since he wanted to show off his rapping skill to Taehyung. They rented a quite spacious room.

Taehyung was especially worried about it all since he never went to karaoke. Yes. The boring, embarrassing truth of his life.

Spontaneous karaoke sessions to random songs on the radio with Hana was usual but most of the time, Hana would make a concert of her own that he wouldn't even mind singing along to.

Lucky him, Jiwon started first, choosing a ballad song with high notes he couldn't hit. It was horrible but they couldn't stop laughing.

Taehyung figured it out then, it was supposed to be fun and stupid. He was not expected to sing well. So, he was more comfortable taking the mic from Hanbin after the latter guy's performance of Sunmi, 24 Hours.

He chose a song that he and Hana always sing together. Her favourite, Someone Like You by Adele.

He knew he won't be able to sing it well so he had attempted it to be funny. Turned out, it was more hilarious than he had meant for it to be. His English was beyond understandable without Hana's clear and fluent voice as main vocal.

Hanbin was gasping on the floor as he tried to hold himself together while Jiwon looked like he was about to cry listening to his awful pronunciation.

Fortunately, they, or rather Taehyung, discovered that they sounded good as long as Jiwon and Hanbin steered from those high notes and Taehyung stayed away from any other language.

They sang a couple more songs, have some duet, danced to some sick beats and even watched Jiwon do girl group choreography.

Walking out of the place, Taehyung learnt that a round of bowling are nothing compared to one hour in the karaoke room. Stomach growling, the three boys decided to have dinner early since it was just a quarter to six.

Jiwon as the unauthorized tour guide decided that they should eat at the Chinese restaurant since he was craving for Jajangmyeon.

Through the dinner, they have light conversations about various thing. Taehyung figured out that Jiwon and Hanbin have been friends since Hanbin first move to Seoul years ago. They were inseparable since.

Jiwon knew about Hanbin's relentless search for his baby sister. Jiwon also knew the new guy before him was trying to have his best friend's blessing before dating Hana, the girl he yet meet.

'So you like Hana ?' Jiwon asked all of a sudden.

The abrupt question made Taehyung choked on his spicy Jjampong. He quickly gulped down the cold water that Jiwon at him.

Hanbin chortled in amusement, 'You like her that much ?'

Taehyung went red from both the spicy dish and embarrassment.

'Are you okay ?' Hanbin asked when the flushed guy was still coughing mildly. Jiwon was still staring at him, expressionless, as if he did not just caused the poor guy to almost choked to death.

'I'm fine.' Taehyung said, gulping down the water to soothe his burning throat.

Hanbin shook his head, 'I still need some time before we have this conversation.'

Truthfully, Hanbin had no doubt for Taehyung. Based on the stories he heard and how heroic Hana had des

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter