● 35

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung was a few seconds away from Hana's house. And he was losing his .

Big time.

The air conditioner in the car was fully blown but he felt hot and stuffy. He was too nervous for his own good and he hasn't even seen her yet.

It was worse when he saw the outline of her roof peeking out from the rows of houses. Once he was safely parked in front of her gate, he took out his phone.

He can't do it.

He can't call her. He can't see her. He can't do this.

Kim Taehyung, get your together ! Are you five ??!

After meditating and much self arguments, he finally called her. His voiced squeaked as he replied to her hello and he almost cursed aloud. He alerted her that he was out front and when the call was ended, the sweat breaking nervousness made it's way back.

He made a mental note not to make any jokes or said anything that would resulted to her smiles that stupid smile or laughs that ridiculous laugh.

Please, don't be pretty. Please be ugly for today.

At the sound of the gate opening, Taehyung raised his head from the steering wheel.

Crap. She's pretty. Now what ?

Hana was wearing a soft pastel floral sleeveless dress. Her hair was down, falling down her back and framing her face with curtains of light brown locks. She threw him a smile as she made her way to the car.

Why is she smiling ?!?

Her vanilla scent filled Taehyung's Audi as she entered the car and it made him realised how much he missed her.

She threw him a smile, just a small curves of her lips, with sparkles in her eyes, but it was enough to leave him breathless.

'Why are you so pretty ? It's annoying.' Taehyung didn't even realize the word he said until it was too late.

Hana on the other hand was left stunned by the first thing she heard from him as she got into the car. It leaves butterflies in her systems and she was trying so hard to suppress a blush.

Stop looking at me like that, Tae, I might fall for it and we both know you already like someone else.

Pretending to sound unaffected, she let out a laugh, 'What the hell, Tae ? Stop being so jealous.'

Hana watched as Taehyung rolled his eyes before the car moved again, cruising down the road, heading towards the park.

The ride was accompanied by songs on the radio featuring Kang Hana. Taehyung didn't know why but everything felt different.

He was suddenly so aware of how small the car was and how good she smells like and how pretty she looks in a dress. And how annoying her singing voice was, especially on all those high notes.

Like brother, like sister.

They reached the park fifteen minutes later. Gone were the hot noon sunrays, replaced by a welcomed heat, bathing their skin with warmth of the summer. The soft winds helped to cool them down.

Both of them were strolling down the gravel sidewalks, trying to find ice creams.

'It's scorching, I'm starting to regret this. Should we just go to the parlor near the city ?' Taehyung complained as he took off his plaid and tied it around his waist.

Hana rolled her eyes, 'You're the one who suggested this, stop whining. Besides, it's not scorching. You're such a drama queen.'

Taehyung squinted his eyes at her, 'You're wearing a dress, sleeveless at that !'

'No one's stopping you from wearing a dress, Tae.' Hana smirked victoriously as Taehyung shoved her.

The park was filled with visitors enjoying the mid-August summer. The mini playground was in full usage by the myriad of laughing children. Parents seated on the nearby benches was making conversations with each other, as they watched their kids play.

The park has many big, shady trees and under some of them were families and couples having picnic and lying down on the emerald grass, enjoying the sun.

Suddenly, a dog came running towards Hana. As Taehyung watched Hana crouched down and petted the sable and white Alaskan Malamute, he realised that it was actually still a puppy.

The pup barked as Hana scratched his ear. She looked around and saw a woman running towards their direction.

She must be the owner.

'I'm so sorry.' The breathless young woman said as soon as she reached Hana. 'He doesn't like the heat so he's being rebellious.'

Hana looked up at Taehyung, 'Oh my, Tae, here's your buddy ! What's his name ?'

The owner of the dog chuckled at Hana's words and Taehyung's squinted eyes, before answering her questions, 'Hunter.'

Taehyung watched Hana playing with Hunter some more, laughing whenever the pup barked excitedly at her.

He never knew Hana likes dog. Her amused smiles threw him off his guard. He found himself wondering how the sound of her laugh seemed to block the rest of the world out.

Taehyung liked Hana best like this. When she was carefree, smiling and laughing, enjoying herself without a care in the world. Her hair golden as sun kissed it, eyes a soft shade of hazel.

It makes him wanted to take a picture, but he would always be too strucked to even think of it, just to regret it later. So he just let himself get lost in how curved and how her eyes glinted and how she looked like hardship never touch her the way they had.

I have to be in love with her, right ? I can't possibly feel this overwhelmingly much about her and not love her, right ?

'See ? I told you it's here, Taehyung !' Hana sudden nudged of his hand broke him out of his thoughts.

Clueless and confused, Taehyung asked, 'What's here ?'

Hana scoffed, 'Seriously, Tae ? Are you getting heatstroke now ? Daehi told me there's someone selling ice cream behind the playground.'

Taehyung realised he just lost a handful of conversation between Hana and the woman named Daehi while he was lost in his thoughts. He smiled sheepishly at Hana before stealing a glance at Daehi, who was smiling knowingly at him.

Damn. Did she caught me staring at Hana ?

Taehyung tried not to stutter as he replied, 'Oh, that's cool. Let's go then.'

'Bye, Hunter !' Hana kissed in between the pup's eyes. Hunter barked before jumping down and started circling Daehi's leg.

'Have fun, love birds.' Daehi winked, causing both Hana and Taehyung to flush furiously.

Daehi had an amused smile on her face watching how Taehyung looked at Hana, and how oblivious she was to his obvious admiration for her.

Kids.

After they bid goodbyes, Taehyung and Hana started heading to the back of the playground, rounding a small pond.

As soon as they passed the mini climbing wall, they saw the ice cream carts, in all it's pink glory.

Hana quickly pulled Taehyung by the wrist, dragging him to the carts that was surrounded with childrens. They started planning out what flavor to pick as they lined up.

The queue wasn't that long but it was enough for little bickering to occur.

'I don't know which one I should pick.' Hana mumbled as she cranned her neck to look at all the available flavors.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, inching closer to the shaded part under the stripes umbrella of the cart to shield himself from the sun and dragging Hana along. In the hustle of the pushy kids, Hana's hand that was around his wrist has slided down through his palm, without her realizing and absentmindedly too, his fingers intertwined with her small ones and he was trying so hard to ignore it.

'Just pick green tea. You like them, right ?' Taehyung suggested after collecting himself together.

Hana scoffed, 'I like all ice cream but I like green tea best. It's just that I feel like eating something else.'

'Strawberry ?'

'Nope.'

'Chocolate ?'

'I just finished a tube of them at home.'

'Vanilla.'

'Too plain.'

'You like all ice cream, huh ?' Taehyung snickered.

Finally, it's their turn to order.

Taehyung opted for two scoops of cookies and cream. Still indecisive, Hana was going through all the options.

At last, after ten seconds of dreadful wait, Hana pointed at her choice, 'Two scoops of this, please. Thank you.'

Taehyung glanced at what Hana picked and his gaze was enough to show how hard he was judging the girl. Hana just shrugged her shoulder and took the ice cream that the guy handed to her.

How can I like this girl ?

After paying, they continued walking around the park, eating their ice cream.

'You're like, so annoying, it's unreal.' Taehyung still hasn't gotten over her pick.

Hana sounded distracted, 'Huh ? What ?'

'"I like all ice cream." "It's just that I feel like eating something else." Yeah, right. Something else other than green tea is green tea ?'

Hana opened to say something before closing it again and continued to eat her mathca.

Both of them strolled around the park, finishing their ice cream in their own leisure. Once they saw an unoccupied bench under a willow tree, both Hana and Taehyung had raced there before anyone take it.

They sat and talked about nothing and everything; the most trivial things to the most random thoughts. They shared jokes while enjoying the breezy summer winds.

Any normal day for Hana and Taehyung.

Taehyung ended up laying on Hana's lap in the middle of the conversation about which is better, Alaskan Malamute or Siberian Husky.

He had covered Hana's lap with his flannel when the hem of her dress inched upwards as she tried to sit.

Taehyung was getting more sleepy as Hana played with his hair. The cooling breeze was not helping either.

'But Malamute is more loyal. It's cute, you know ? How much they love you.' Hana said.

Taehyung let out a soft chortles, 'So you like them cause they're more loyal ? Then just get a Shepherd.'

Hana tugged his hair, 'They're mainstream.'

Taehyung just closed his eyes, Hana's word seemed to get to him. He thought of what Hanbin said, how Hana had too many people leaving her, turning their backs on her too many times before than she just wanted what's sticking around for good.

Hana continued and running her fingers through his brown locks, smiling warmly when his eyes started to drop.

Hana's mind went back to when he was paying the ice cream, she had caught a picture in his wallet, that she couldn't really make out, from the corner of her eyes. He never kept any picture in his wallet, and Hana knew this because he had asked Hana to pay many times before when he had his hand full with trays of food.

It had looked like his picture and a girl but she couldn't really be sure because it was a quick glance and the angle had made it quite hidden from her view.

Is it the picture of him with that girl he likes ?

Hana frowned as she felt something stirred in her stomach; jealously. It tasted awful and Hana hated it. She hated that she's jealous that Taehyung was happy with someone that wasn't her.

Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter