● 18

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Your father's not home again ?' I asked Hana, surprise was obvious in my voice. 'He just went on a business trip less than two weeks ago. So soon ?'

It's been almost two weeks since the incident where Hana tried to ki—, well that incident that I don't want to remember. We have been closer since, now that she has opened up to me about her abused and the atrocity.

'He usually not home half of the month. I like it that way. He's gone for longer this time. He brought a huge luggage. Told me it's going to be a week. ' Hana said, looking outside the glass window of the coffee shop. Hana's on duty today so I figured I'd come over to have my ritual morning coffee.

'Do you want to do anything now that he won't be home for quite some times ?' I asked as it's been rather boring at home, with nothing to do. Summer was a month away. I wanted to do something fun before the spring ends because I have to admit, this was by far, the most depressing spring of my entire 18 years of living.

'What do you have in mind, trouble ?' She smiled, her eyebrows raised. I grinned and shook my head.

'Nothing, really. I just want to do something fun. You have any idea ?' I sipped my coffee and leaned back on the leather armchair. The strong aroma of freshly brewed coffee calmed me down.

'I have always wanted to go to an amusement park. I've never went to any except for when I was a little kid.' Hana said bitterly. There's sorrow in her voice. Her eyes were elsewhere, lost in thoughts.

'Let's do that. There's an amusement park near here. Tomorrow. I'll pick you up at 10. Good ?' I suggested before Hana could say anything. Hana's eyes went wide.

'Yah, Kim Taehyung ! I was not saying that we should go to an amusement park. Fun fair or just arcade would do.' Hana quickly said.

'Why not ? There's arcade in the amusement park and besides, fun fair coud be dangerous. They moved around a lot and the installation might not be done properly. So safety wise, amusement park is better.' I leaned back on the armchair, trying not to make it obvious that every cell in my body wanted her to say yes.

'If you say so.' Hana said hesitantly. YES ! 'Ten ?'

'Ten.' I grinned and she sigh but her smile slowly turned into a grin too.

'The counter looks busy. I should get back to work. You're staying ?' Hana asked as she stood, taking my empty sandwiches plate with her.

'I'll get going.' I pushed the chair back and raised on my feet. I took my half full coffee.

'See you tomorrow.' Hana waved, she made her way to the counter. I waved back, muttering a 'See you' and walked out. I can't wait for tomorrow.

❄❄❄❄❄

'Taehyung, what are you doing up at 9 on a Sunday morning ?' My father asked, surprised, as he saw me walking down the stairs towards the dining room. My family usually have a late breakfast on Sunday morning if my father does not have any work, but I rarely join. I prefer to sleep in.

'Have a seat. Where are you going ?' Mom asked with a quizzical face as she gave me a plate. I sat opposite her and scoop some scrambled eggs to my plate and two slices of breads.

'I'm going to the amusement park near here.' I said as I took the earl grey that my mom poured for me. She always tries to minimum my caffeine intake when I'm home. 'Thanks, mom.'

'You're picking Hana up at her house ?' My mom asked as she sliced her pancakes.

'How do you know I'm going with Hana ?' I said curiously, squinting my eyes for effect. My parents rolled their eyes. I cringed at the harmony. 'Am I that obvious ?'

'You're wearing perfume, a lot more than usual. You're dressing up too nicely for a day in the amusement park and you're practically buoyant.' My mom said. I sighed, defeated.

'Besides, you don't have any other friends that you'd go to amusement park with.' My dad adds after sipping his tea.

'Should I change ? Do I look like I'm trying too hard.' I said, frustrated and worried. I admit, I did stood in front of my closet for a good half an hour figuring out what to wear. I settled on a black jeans and a white buttoned down shirt with a black leather jacket. My parents laughed.

'No. You look nice. Enjoy yourself. Don't forced her to go to rides she doesn't want to.' My mother advised me as I finished my eggs and tea. I went to hug her and fist bumped my dad before I headed out. 'Bye.'

I went to the garage and took my car out. I got in and the engine. Before taking off, I poped a mint candy into my mouth.

Why the hell am I so nervous ?

I reached Hana's house six minutes before 10. I texted her, asking if she's ready.

{Tae: Ready ??}

{Hana: Yup ! Are you on your way ?}

{Tae: I'm almost there. Be there in a minute.}

I cringed at my lie. My phone vibrated, signaling a reply from Hana.

{Hana: Okay then. See you in a minute *smiley emoji*}

A smile crept up on me as I put the phone down and waited. When the digital clock on my dashboard showed that it's ten, I pressed the hon.

Hana went out and closed the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter