● 39

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'It's nice up here. No wonder you don't want to come down.' Her face was in an awe, watching the view before her.

Kyungho looked too startled and confused to even respond. He obviously did not see this coming at all. Maybe his plan was just climb and jump. A weird stranger who appeared out of nowhere and decided to join was definitely not in the plan.

'Hana, come down please.' His voice was desperate.

She just chuckled, 'Calm down. I'm not going to fall.'

He stared at her exasperatedly, 'How do you know ?'

'You're going to catch me.' She turned and winked at him.

He could only shook his head. She could never be serious when the situation calls for it.

'Ew.'

Both their head snapped at the origin of the voice. Kyungho was looking at them awkwardly like he just saw something he shouldn't have.

Hana laughed aloud, 'Oh God, he's such a kid.'

'He is a kid.' Taehyung said.

Kyungho yelled, 'I'm not !'

'Don't tell me you're one of those kids.' He groaned. 'Breaking news, growing up , okay ? Stop thinking you're some big guy. You're a kid, be a kid. You'll have a million years to be an adult, but this is your only time to be a kid.'

Hana's soft chuckles made him realised what he just said, 'Tae, that was some inspirational .'

'Don't curse in front of a kid, shortcake.'

Hana gasped, 'I'm not short, idiot !'

'You kind of are.' Kyungho said.

Hana was a little surprise by the voluntary response from him before she snapped, 'You're shorter than me !'

'I'm thirteen. Of course I'm shorter than you.' He shrugged and Taehyung can't help but laugh.

He reminded Taehyung so much of Hana and to see her all riled up at Kyungho doing what she usually did to him, he found everything too funny.

'I'm going to kill both of you. When I come down, I'll kill both of you.' Hana struggled to get off the railing, and Taehyung was trying to control his laughter. After realizing there's no way she was getting down in one piece alone, she finally turned to look at Taehyung.

He just raised his eyebrows, challenging her, when she frown and batted her eyelashes, 'Is your eyes okay there, bunny ?'

She clenched her teeth, 'Tae !'

'What ? The longer you're up there, the longer I live.'

'Get me down !' She shrieked. With the help from Taehyung, she was safely back on the bridge.

Hana cleared and kicked Taehyung's shin as he chuckled at her red face. She looked at Kyungho to see if he was making fun if her too and to her despair, he only shook his head.

She suddenly thought of something; a proposition.

'You know what ?' Hana said. 'Give me a day. No, a few hours until I have to go home. Give me a chance to change your mind.'

Taehyung whipped his head at her, 'Whatㅡ'

'Come down. Let's spend some time with us. If tomorrow you still want to do this, then okay. I won't stop you.'

Taehyung looked as dumbfounded as the younger boy did, and neither of them had time to recover before Hana continued again.

'I mean, what difference does another day make ?' She shrugged nonchalantly.

Kyungho seemed to mull over the idea, considering the weight of it in his mind.

'So what do you say ?' She raised her eyebrows, face hopeful.

'I don't know. Why would I do that ?' Kyungho sounded like he wanted to challenge Hana. Like he wanted her to give him a reason.

'Why wouldn't you ? I mean take it as a challenge.' She trotted back.

He looked at her for a long time before clearing his throat, 'If you insist.'

'Oh God, he's a living copy of you.' Taehyung said with horror in his eyes.

'What ?' Both of them said at the same time.

'This is creepy.' He shuddered.

Hana rolled her eyes, 'I'm cuter.'

She turned her attention back to the young boy, who was slowly getting off from the railing. He swung over so skillfully, before landing firm on his feet.

There's only one thing that went through both the teenager's mind, how many times have he done this, climbing up and changes his mind ?

'Let's go.' Hana said in her high volume cheer that made Taehyung look around to his relief because there wasn't anyone to witness that.

'Where ?' This was Kyungho and Taehyung could've sworn that he sounded a little excited.

Her mischievous smile gave away the place she had in mind before Taehyung even hear her next word, 'Ice cream !!'

'What did I say aboutㅡ'

'Stop being a party popper, boring guy.'

'Boring guy ?' Taehyung raised one of his eyebrow.

'I have to agree, that's weak.' Kyungho joined.

Hana squinted her eyes at the both of them, 'Well, you did say I can't curse in front of a kid.'

'I'm not a kiㅡ' Kyungho stopped on his word when Taehyung hissed. 'Fine. I'm a kid and you're a really boring guy.'

'Who's team are you on ?' Taehyung scrunched his face.

Kyungho just shrugged, 'Mine.'

'Boys, let's go for ice cream to cool down all this pent up heat going on between you two.' Hana said.

'There's this shop near hear. They made the best gelato !' Kyungho said, with twinkle in his eyes and for the first time, he actually looked like a kid, all excited about the sweet treats.

Taehyung wondered how this kid, who beamed at the mention of ice cream, talk confidently, looked composed and gathered, be the same one that tried to kill himself ?

He doesn't even looked depressed or suicidal, and Taehyung started to wonder how was he holding up. He started to question how messed up this kid really is.

To be so nonchalant about eating ice cream with someone who stopped you from jumping off a bridge, Taehyung couldn't justify his actions.

'Taehyung, you're right ! Now this is starting to creep me up too, but you know what ? As long as you know your ice cream, it's all good !' Hana wrapped her right arm around Kyungho's, and her left arm around his, dragging both of them to this overly raved gelateria.

Hana's so going to get diabetes.

 

❄❄❄❄❄

 

'This is insane.'

'Told you.'

'I'm going to cry.'

'Don't.' Kyungho said, expressionless as he scooped another spoon of his sette veli and nutella gelati combo.

Such a kid, even with the flavour choice.

That had been Hana and Kyungho's conversation and
although the gelato was insane, Taehyung felt left out.

Earlier, when they were choosing the flavour, he was bashed before he even made his order. They were betting on what the 'boring guy' would pick.

Not letting either one of them win the bet, he had went with italian named gelati, that even though it was very popular, (or like Hana had said, everyone knows about it), Taehyung never tried.

After scanning the rows of flavours, he settled on the classic chocolate and berries. The name was beyond his italian knowledge and he had struggled to pronounce it.

Hana and Kyungho had enjoyed it very much.

Taehyung still wondered how he ended up in this grave situation.

It was a traditional gelateria, run by an Italian woman who married a Korean guy. Thus the keeping of the Italian names.

Good for them, not so good for him.

He had picked a chocolate and hazelnut flavoured gelato, which turned out to taste like Nutella, which he wasn't complaining, but the name of it was gianduja, and of course he read j as j.

The berries was better, or so he thought. It was frutti di bosco and although he had ace the pronounciation, it had sounded awkward on his toungue.

It wasn't his fault that he didn't know the gelato life like these two sweet tooth before him.

He tsked as he watched Hana closed her eyes as she indulged in all the glory of her three scoops gelato.

'Why can she get three scoops while everyone else got two ?' Kyungho frowned at Hana's tempting coppeta.

Of course Kang Hana, the cold dairy treats addict, get three scoops. Of course she had actually wanted four. Of course he wouldn't let that happened.

He didn't even know how did she got away with three. Oh yeah, it was the silent treatment tantrum she was about to throw.

'She wants to get diabetes and have her legs cut off.' Taehyung snickered.

'So you can carry me everywhere !' She winked.

Taehyung almost choked on his gelato at her comeback. He had to remind himself how crazily playful this vixen is.

She's going to drive him crazy.

'Ew.' Kyungho made a face. 'Some people are trying to eat.'

Hana rolled her eyes, 'Why stop at other people's discomfort ? If I want to say it I'll say it, as long as it doesn't involed them, they don't have a say, because at the end of the day, it's going to be my loss. If I hold back on my tongue, it's the thing I didn't say that will later eat me up.'

She had said it so nonchalantly, eyes fixed on getting all of her mixed of bacio, after eight and stracciatella gelato on her spoon to even noticed the impact her words has on them.

But the whole table quiet down.

Taehyung didn't know what in her words particularly that got Kyungho all quiet, but he found himself continuously impressed by the way she thinks.

Hana is strong, always was and he was sure, always will. It's one thing to survive what she was going through but it's another achievement to still be able to smile at the world, crack random jokes and enjoy the little pleasure in life.

Her strength was what makes her so beautiful, and the way she think. Taehyung enjoyed every sneak peak of that little mind of hers, when she would randomly say serious thing and got him thinking.

He bet it got Kyungho thinking too.

The boy's sudden gloomy face was hard to ignore. Taehyung wanted to ask. He wanted to ask what the kid had gone through. Was thing fine at home ? What about school ? What happened ?

But he wasn't there to give a counsel. They wasn't there to solve his problem. Their purpose was to convince him to live, even for just another day.

He looked at the two strong people before him. Bearing scars of their past and present. The young souls who have seen too much ugly things in this world.

He looked at the way Hana say something stupid to break the seriousness, how the tint of misery in Kyungho's eyes was replaced by one of amusement as he tried not to smile, just to fail miserably, and how Hana to no end, pinching his cheek.

The curve on their lips was genuine, and Taehyung admired how beautiful it was, when broken people smile.

 

❄❄❄❄❄

 

Taehyung was walking back from the convenient shop that was five blocks away from the river side that they were seating earlier, eating cotton candy, before Hana suddenly had nosebleed and Taehyung was too panic he didn't know what to do.

Kyungho had told him to buy some ice pack and tissues, and after making sure she was fine, he quickly dashed to the nearest convenient shop, that turned out to be a million miles away.

He finally reached the huge, leisure area along the river side. Scanning the place, he immediately caught sight of the two of them seating on a stone bench facing the river.

There were many people strolling around, seating in leisure, enjoying the greeting of autumn. Since it was the weekend and it's already late in the afternoon, the crowd were especially big.

Slowly, he made his steps towards them, noticing how Hana was holding a tissue to her nose while her right hand was pinching the skin a little above the tip of her nose, to help stop the bleeding he supposed.

He was about to sit beside Hana when he suddenly heard their conversation.

'It wasn't my first time trying, but it was the first time that I didn't have any hesitation.'

Taehyung didn't know how, but he immediately knew what she was referring to.

Seeing as the both of them were too caught up in the conversation to notice him, he carefully sat on the bench behind them, facing the tall buildings and trees. It was close enough to hear what they say.

'What stopped you ?' Kyungho asked hesitantly.

It was a few of Taehyung's nervous heartbeat before she answered, 'Boring guy.'

He internally rolled his eyes.

Kyungho scoffed before saying, 'Is that what you guys do ? Stopping people from..'

Hana chuckled although it had sounded like she was snorting because of her nose, 'I didn't even know I don't want to die until he came to stop me, but when I saw his face, I realised how scared I was and I still am, to this day, so glad he had stopped me.'

Taehyung was rendered speechless. They had never talked about that day after that day. It was a silent agreement between them.

So to hear Hana talked about it was so surreal.

'You never thought about doing it again ?' Kyungho's voice was low.

'Every single time it gets too much, when the beating gets too hard, I thought about giving up but I thought about him too, and I realised I wanted live. I wanted to live because of him, and then before I knew it, he made me want to live for myself.'

A million little ephoria burst in his veins.

'That's so corny.' Taehyung could imagine the scrunch in Kyungho's face.

'I know.' Hana said. 'What I'm trying to say is, I hope you find someone like that in your life or something like that. Maybe it's not today, maybe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter