● 36

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung drummed his fingers on the table, reading the Biology question for the hundredth times. He has been sitting in the library for almost an hour for the self study period they had before lunch. He has been trying to concentrate but lately, he found that it was particularly hard to do.

His mind was elsewhere.

'Can you stop that ?!' Hana kicked his leg from under the table. She was sitting opposite from him, and the restlessness of the guy was starting to get to her. 'You're distracting me !'

Well, you're distracting me !!

'Sorry.' Taehyung mumbled.

Hana closed her history book with a sigh, 'Okay, grumpy, what's wrong ?'

'Nothing.' Taehyung huffed, before raising the thick revision book in between them.

Hana took the book and set it aside, 'Talk to me.'

'I'm just tired.' And confused. And afraid. And having a really, really hard time concentrating when your legs keep brushing mine.

Hana smiled, 'Three more months. Then we're done with this.'

They were three months away from the dreadful CSAT test, or better known as Suneung. No more playing around or wasting time. Every seconds was used wisely.

Taehyung was a little different. He was so restless since last weekend. The weekend that he and Hana went to the park. The Sunday that she had dinner at his house. The night when he realised that he loves her.

He loves her.

He thought everything will be fine once he confronted his feelings. Boy, was he wrong.

It went from complicated to a tangled mess. It was scary, coming to terms with his feelings.

He went to school on Monday, not knowing what to do. It was the first time he faced her since his realization. He knew everything will be different.

But she was the same.

She was talkative like always, cracking jokes, babbling him.  She was indifferent.

And that annoyed him greatly.

Everything has changed from his side of the world, but her world was revolving normally.

Because she doesn't know. Because she has no idea about his new found misery. Because she was clueless to the changes that happened.

He wanted to tell her. He wanted to sit her down and just let it all out. He wanted her to know and help him because he doesn't know what to do. And she always does.

But then he thought about it. He thought about what kind of changes will happen then. Once it was said, her side of the world will change too. When both of their sides of the world has changed, nothing will be the same.

Taehyung was especially freaked out about change. He was used to scheduled, calculated and thoroughly planned things.

No matter how much care he put into planning the confession, if he were ever to, there were still so much uncertainty. There were too many risk, too many things on the line.

Taehyung's not fond of risk. There's a reason why he never was interested in business. Risk scares him.

Confession is full of risk.

He might say something wrong. He might do something she finds offensive. He might rushed things or sounds obsess. He might look like he was not taking it seriously or seem too laid back.

She might say no.

He might lose her, and with her so many other things he can't afford gone.

It drove Taehyung over the edge.

Why did people fall in love, again ?

❄❄❄❄❄

'I'm going to take my sandwich from my bag. Buy me banana milk.' Hana hand him a few dollars.

Taehyung shook his head, 'It's just two dollar. I'll buy it for you.'

Hana flashed him a grin, 'If you insist, there's nothing I can do, right ?'

Taehyung rolled his eyes, 'Anything else ?'

'That's all.' Hana turned, heading to the classroom.

Taehyung watched as her figure disappeared in the throngs of pupils before making his way to the crowded cafeteria filled with hungry students.

He stopped at the vending machine on the wall outside the entrance to buy Hana's milk. After getting her drinks, he walked into the cafeteria and scanned the variety of foods available.

Not really having an appetite, Taehyung settled for a cheese stick at the pastry section. After paying, he was about to exit the cafeteria when a familiar face caught his eyes.

Figured that she might have some answer to his unsettled problem, his feet brought him to the table that she was sitting at.

'Alone ?' Taehyung asked as he sat in front of her.

The girl glared, 'Sorry. I'm not interested.'

Taehyung scoffed before flicking her forehead, 'Not funny.'

The girl yelped, rubbing her forehead while throwing daggers at him, 'Do you have to do that ?! Jerk.'

'It was not even that hard, stop being a baby.' Taehyung laughed.

'Jinri is buying. She'll be back in a few minutes. What do you want ?' Soojung knew Taehyung wouldn't come to her personally if there was nothing.

He was warm and funny to a few of his friends, her included, but not talkative, much less approachable. He doesn't just drop by to say hello. Taehyung only seeks other people out when he needs to, but it's not as if he used them. It's just his hostile way of living. He talks when he needs to talk.

Taehyung is not friendly.

She knew that. Everyone knew that.

That's why they were so surprised when he started spending time with a certain girl. Taehyung. Spending time. With a girl at that.

She knew then.

This girl, she's going to change him. That's when she started to see the difference in him. It all started when she saw a new girl went to the rooftop. She didn't bother because she knew Taehyung wasn't bold with girl, so Soojung thought a few words from him were enough to let the new girl know it's not a place for her.

The message was sent loud and clear since the first day Soojung had started going to the high school. Taehyung had claimed the rooftop and no one had anything against that. They all knew he would always go there, so no one disturb him.

It has always been some sort of a silent agreement; no one mess with Kim Taehyung.

Soojung didn't know how he was able to gain that much influence over people, but it's senior year,  and still, everyone abids the rule.

So it was fairly surprising when Soojung saw the girl climbed her way up to the rooftop again the next day.

She had thought maybe it's a stubborn girl, not wanting to budge. Soojung almost went to her to warn her off but stopped when she realized Taehyung can handle her himself.

However, the news started to spread, of how Taehyung started talking to the new girl. Sehun had went to Taehyung's homeroom just to check if it's just rumors but turned out it wasn't.

They were all surprised, weird surprise.

They started seeing him in the library with her, studying together during exam weeks. Jinri even said she saw him hanging out at the cafe she works at. Then Ilhoon told them he saw the pair going to a movie.

The most surprising was when she had saw them at Sehun's party.

Sehun was one of Taehyung's closest friend. Even though they didn't spend a lot of time together, Taehyung was exceptionally friendly with Sehun.

But even then, the blond guy never managed to convince the introvert to come to his party.

Never.

A certain girl did.

Sehun had went to Soojung in the kitchen and dragged her to the living room to show her that Taehyung was there. Dancing. Laughing openly. With a girl.

And then, they were always together.

It's a mystery to everyone as to why Taehyung was acting differently

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter