#2: 456 days.

WeGotMarried: The Afterstory.

 

31st August 2011; 2am; 2PM Dorm.
 
Nichkhun lay on his bed in the 2PM dorm, tossing and turning, and trying to get sleep to come to him. The events of the day that had just past kept replaying in his head. From him recieving that missiob, recording the video message to her, preparing the 456 day party and being in the elevator at the 63 Building. Everything was vivid in his mind and every word spoken that night seemed to have more meaning than before.
 
---Flashback---
 
"What time is it?"
 
"15 minutes..." Even without him telling her the exact time, she already knew, it was over.
 
"...this 1 year and 3 months, we've shared so many happy memories. Thank you for always taking care of me..." she looked down, unable to make eye contact with the man sitting next to her. He sat in silence, looking at her while biting the rim of the plastic cup, holding in tears.
 
"I'll always be by your side, no matter what. Understand?" he told her. She just continued looking down, the tears threatening to fall at any moment.
 
"So...should we go?" he asked. As much as he didn't want to, he know it had to end. 
 
"Mmmm..." she mumbled. Hand in hand, they both walked out the long deserted cafe. Once they had rounded the corner and left the camera lens, he pulled her into his embrace, tightly hugging her and he whispered, "saranghaeyo" completely forgetting that the two mini-mics were still on them and had recorded the muffled last words he had said to her.
 
"CUT! That's it! Good job everyone!" the PD shouted. The two people locked tighted in a hug pulled apart and began awkwardly straightening their clothes, she was blushing slightly and his ears were red. "Nichkhun-ssi, Victoria-ssi, thank you for the hard work for the past year and 3 months, it was nice working with you both," PD-nim had come over to them.
 
"Aniyo, aniyo...PD-nim and the crew worked hard too," he answered shyly," thank you." The both of them bowed politely.
 
"Hahaha, don't be so modest," the PD replied," so I'll see you both tomorrow for the black room interview, your managers already know, 8am tomorrow."
 
"Ne...kamsahamida PD-nim," they said together, bowing. The two looked at each other. "So, take care of yourself okay. Eat properly, and don't get hurt. Sleep early tonight." he said to her.
 
"Khun-ah! Hurry up! We still gotta pick the boys up from Ilsan MBC and that's like 30 minutes away!" his manager called.
 
"Arraso hyung!" he shouted back. 
 
"I've gotta go. Umm...so I'll see you tomorrow yeah?" he turned back to her.
 
"Ne, see you tomorrow!" she replied forcing a smile.
 
"Okay bye bye and goodnight!" he turned around and jogged towards the van where his manager was waiting. Unknown to him, a tear ran down her cheek and she whispered,"Goodbye Nichkhun-ssi, saranghae," before getting her things are walking to the car where her manager was.
 
---end flashback---
 
Nichkhun was still wide awake. He took out his phone and logged into Twitter. After browsing some tweets by his friends, he uploaded a photo with the caption ' "Only you" are my other half! =] ' and logged out.
 
'I wonder what she's doing now? Sleeping already? Yeah probably. This was all just a show, I'm only a 'good friend' in her eyes,' he thought, remembering one of her latest interviews. However, even though his mind tried convincing himself that it was all a one-sided love, his hands seemed to be doing otherwise and he found himself pressing the 'Create a new message' function on his phone and 'Add recipient: Vic-omma'.
 
---
 
Meanwhile in f(x)'s dorm, the protagonist of all of Nichkhun's thoughts was sitting on her bed with a photo album in her hands looking through the recent memories they had made in Maldives. No doubt she was sad, but no tears would come. It still seemed very surreal to her as she looked at a picture which she had taken of him sitting by the bar at the beach and drinking a cocktail while smiling into the camera. She stared at the picture, memorising his face, his big and bright chocolate eyes, his nose, the cute smile and the almost always red ears. Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the beeping of her phone, signalling a new message.
 
Victoria reached for her phone and unlocked it.
 
1 message recieved from: Luna~ <3
 
Unnie~
You know you can talk to us right? 
We're always here for you~~ =]
 
Sent: 02:07:16 am
 
"Aigoo! This girl should be sleeping by now..." Victoria silently thought to herself, even though she felt comforted that Luna had sent that message. She walked out of her room into the living room and saw the figures of two people: Luna and Amber. They were happily munching on snacks and watching Pokémon. "See, I told you she'll come out of the room..." Luna whipsered to Amber.
 
"Yah! Why aren't you two sleeping?! It's two in the morning and you're watching cartoons and snacking! You're gonna get fat!" Victoria started nagging them.
 
"Aww unnie! Don't be a spoil sport! And besides, we have no schedules tomorrow except for the evening practice for the SMTown concert." Amber said.
 
"And we are also bonding! I haven't had a good chat with Amber-unnie for so long!" Luna continued, "so unnie, did you come out here to have a chat with us...or did you just wanted to watch Pokémon?" Amber burst out laughing.
 
Midly exasperated, Victoria retorted,"Neither! I'm here to chase you both to bed! Now go!" Slightly intimidated, Luna put down her bag of chips and ran into her shared room with Sulli, leaving Amber behind. Noticing Victoria's not-too-good mood, Amber moved towards her and asked,"You sure you're okay? You can talk to us whenever you wish. We'll always be there for you. Jie-jie jiayou*!" she gave the older girl a quick hug before leaving and going to her room.
 
Victoria sighed again. She knew the girls cared for her and she could tell them anything, but she just didn't know how to. Her mind was in a whirl now and she just didn't want to think too much. Clearing up the mess Luna and Amber had made earlier she went back into her room and lay down, staring at the ceiling and subconsciously playing with the ring on her fourth finger. 
 
'What's Nichkhun-ssi doing now...?' she wondered.
 
Her thoughts were once again interrupted by the sound of her phone beeping.
 
 
*jie-jie jiayou: basically has the same effect as 'unnie fighting'.

A/N: 

chapter 2 as promised. hopefully its good enough. :) its 0209 in the morning now i should go to bed already...

comment please!~

<3 Krystal