Chapter 7

Flashlight

Lunch went by as quickly as it came. All the students were already walking back to class or settling down. Jongdae was walking when he bumped into somebody. "Oh my god." a voice squeaked. "I am so sorry, are you ok?". "Ohh I'm alright... Are you ok?" Jongdae replied. The person giggled, Jongdae thought that it was adorable. And said yes. "Well, I'll be heading back to my class now. See you around, I guess." And Jongdae rushed to class

Everyone in Kyungsoo class was back and the next subject teacher came in. She putted her things on teachers table and shouted, "Class stand." Right after greeting. The teacher announced that there will be a new classmate yet once again. After that, the classroom door swang open and revealed a boy with average height and an adorable puppy face yet a heavy eyeliner.

Jongdae's eyes widen as he realised that it was the boy that he bumped into earlier. "Hello there, my name is Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun. You can call me Baek, Eyeliner Boy, Bacon or something. I don't mind. I hope we get along well! " Baekhyun ended with a smile that might have melted Jongdae's heart.

-

While Jongdae was busy looking at the adorable yet charming Baekhyun. Chanyeol eyes widen as well. Is it really him? Its gotta be him, right? Yep, its definitely him. That voice, puppy face and heavy eyeliner. It is him. But is he here? Chanyeol thought. Baekhyun looked around the classroom and spotted the taller at around the back of the classroom. He grinned happily at him. And the taller returned his smile.

"Any question for Baekhyun?" the teacher said. And suddenly, girls squealed and asked question like, "Do you have a girlfriend?" "Can i have your number?" "Can you be my boyfriend?" but most of them said this, "Omo, you're so ADORABLE!" And soon the classroom was filled with girls squealing. Just like the day when Chanyeol entered the school.

"Enough! Settle down now. Anyways Baekhyun sorry about that. Hmm, let me find you a seat. "Oh, you can seat next to Jongdae. Jongdae, raise your hand." Jongdae did as told. Baekhyun sat next to him and said, "Nice to me- wait, aren't you the guy I bumped into earlier?" Baekhyun widened his eyes. "Haha, yeah... What a concidence." Jongdae chuckled nervously. "I am terribly sorry about bumping into you. Hehe" Baekhyun apologise, again. "Oh no its fine. I am at fault too." Jongdae replied.

-

The period went by in a blink of eye to everyone's surprise. Even Kyungsoo thought that it went extremely fast. Jongdae and Baekhyun got alot closer to each other and they were almost great friends. Well as I said, the period went by in a flash. So it was time to go home. Straight after school, Chanyeol called out for Baekhyun. Baekhyun turned and smiled at the taller. " Hey Yoda," Baekhyun chuckled. "Long time no see." Jongdae and Kyungsoo widened their eyes. "You guys know each other?!" They both said in unison.

"Of course we know each other, we went to the same school last time. We were in fact best of friends." Chanyeol said. Baekhyun nodded his head in agreement. "Yah! Yoda. Why did you stop contacting me when you moved?" Baekhyun glared at the taller. "Sorry, couldn't reach you." Chanyeol apologised. "Just kidding. I already knew you couldn't reach me. Haha" Baekhyun laughed. "Yah!" Chanyeol smacked Baekhyun's head. And they started chasing each other around the hallway. Kyungsoo and Jongdae chuckled while they ran around like a cat chasing a mice. Or rather a Puppy chasing a Yoda.

They stopped to catch air. "You guys done yet?" Jongdae asked. "Yeah, so where are we going now?" Chanyeol asked. "Lets go to Kyungsoo's parents Cafè!" Jongdae cheered. Kyungsoo widened his eyes. "E-eh?!" He exclaimed. "Your parents own a Cafè?!" Chanyeol shouted. "Shh" Kyungsoo said. "My parents do... But it shuted down because of low business." He muttered. "I got an idea! What about we clean the whole Cafè and start a new business?" Baekhyun suggest. Jongdae and Chanyeol hummed in respond. 

"Is that ok with you?" Jongdae asked. "I don't have the money to pay rent though." Kyungsoo pointed out. "Don't worry about the rent! Relay on me." Chanyeol said, proudly. "Alright then. Lets go." Kyungsoo smiled. And once again, it took away Chanyeol's breath. Chanyeol froze on the spot until Baekhyun started pulling him. "Yah, Yoda. If we don't hurry. Its gonna be late. Get your moving!" Baekhyun barked. And they setted off to Kyungsoo parents Cafè.

-

After what seems like forever. They finally reached the Cafè. Kyungsoo took out the key and opened the door to lead them inside. It had a warm feeling coming from it. But it was a little dusty. But luckily, the furniture was not so dirty as white cloth covored it. "Me and Jongdae will clean the floor and the wall. You and Chanyeol will clean the tabkes and chair and the desk. After that we will paint the room!" Baekhyun said, more like demand. 

"He seems like a leader." Kyungsoo chuckled. Chanyeol nodded in agreement. "Alright then. Lets get going!" Jongdae annouced. They started by taking the white cloth off the furnitures. Then they did they job demanded by the puppy. After a few hours. They looked at the clean room and smiled in satisfaction. "Its getting late guys. Why not come back tomorrow to paint?" Kyungsoo said. And all of them agreed. They went home with a smile of their face.

-

A concidence was that Jongdae and Baekhyun lived at the same street. Another was that they lived across each other. So, they started talking about all sorts of things like what they will eat tomorrow, what music each other listen to. What K-pop bands they like. And more. Until they came across the subject, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. "Do you think that Chanyeol likes Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun asked. "Yeah, and I think Kyungsoo likes him too." Jongdae said.

"Hey Jongdae, why not we match them up together?" Baekhyun said. "That was what I thought a few days ago."Jongdae said. "Now I got your help!" Jongdae put a arm on Baekhyun's shoulder. "Yay! Fighting to both of us!" Baekhyun shouted. "Yeah! Fighting!" Jongdae shouted too. They talked abit more and soon reached their homes.

They greeted each other goodbyes and went into their seperated room. Baekhyun looked out the window and to his surprise he saw Jongdae across him. Jongdae was looking up the blue sky when he heard someone call his name. He looked behind him and saw nothing. He then looked across to see Baekhyun waving crazily at him. He chuckled and waved back. "Dae, lets do our homework together! I don't know some question!" Baekhyun shouted. "Ok, but why don't we just text each other through our phone instead of shouting our heart out!" Jongdae shouted back.

Now I feel so dumb. Haha -Bacon  Lol, where should we do our homwork at?  At my house or yours? Or somewhere else? -Jongdae  Your house, mine is still filled with boxes. Haha - Bacon. Alright then. You can come now if you want. - Jongdae

After a few seconds, the door bell rang. Jongdae rushed down and welcome Baekhyun in. "Ohh, is that your friend Jongdae? He is so cute! Like a puppy. Haha." Mrs Kim chuckled. "Yeah Eomma. We will be studying at our room. So knock if you want to come in!" Jongdae shouted as he walked up the stairscase. Baekhyun following straight after.

Jongdae opened the door to his room and Baekhyun gasped, "Wow, your room is big, neat and have a very nice shade of Turquoise." Jongdae smiled, "Thanks, but its not that big. Anyways, have a sit. Do you wanna drink something? I can take from downstairs if you want." Baekhyun nodded his head. "What do you want? Cola? 100 Plus? Or Fanta?" Jongdae asked. "100 Plus would be fine." Baekhyun replied. "Then I will be right back." And Jongdae went downstairs.

When Jongdae reached downstairs he headed for the kitchen, where his mom was at. "Is he your boyfriend or just friends?" Mrs Kim asked. Jongdae blushed and said, "M-mom, he is a new classmate. I haven't even know him that long. How can he be my boyfriend?" Mrs Kim gushed, "Aigoo, my son is blushing. Wait... Don't tell me you got a crush on him?" Jongdae's eyes widen. "E-eh?! Mom~ Stop teasing me, I am suppose to be here to take a drink. Not chit chat with you." Jongdae said and quickly took the drink before heading back up. Yup, he totally have a crush on  the adorable little guy. Mrs Kim thought

-

"I'm back." Jongdae opened the door. "What took you so long?" Baekhyun asked, eyes full of curiosity. "N-nothing, just talking to my mom for abit." Jongdae blushed, thinking of the small chit chat he had with his mom. Cute. Baekhyun thought. "Anyways, lets get started?" Jongdae said. "Yeah, sure." Baekhyun replied. 

They discussed about a few problems that they didn't know and found the answers. Check their answer with each other and leave some questions blank as ey didn't know the answer to it. They will ask teacher the following day. "Finally finished." Baekhyun yawned, it was already 7.45 at night. "Mind staying for dinner?" Jonhdae asked. "Sure, I don't cook much anyways." Baekhyun replied. "Wait, don't your mom cook for you?" Jongdae asked.

"Oh, I came here alone. I was actually trying to fing Yeol. My mom told me to choose a country to study aboard. So I chose this." Baekhyun said, smiling. "I see, so you live alone?" Jongdae asked. Baekhyun nodded his head. "Alright then, lets go to eat dinner!" Jongdae shouted. "Yes, dinner!" Baekhyun shouted. And both of them headed downstairs. 

"About time you guys come down for dinner."Mrs Kim said. Glaring at his son. Jongdae just showed her his innocent face. And headed towards the kitchen to take a few plates of rice. He gave one to Baekhyun, one for his mom and one for himself. "What about your dad?" Baekhyun asked. Looking around. "U-uhm..." Mrs Kim stuttered. Baekhyun look at her in curiosity.

Then he looked towards Jongdae's face.Which have darkened quite abit. "E-eh?! Did I say something wrong?" Baekhyun asked. As you know, curiosity kills the cat. Baekhyun looked towards Mrs Kim, and Mrs Kim just looked at Jongdae worriedly. Suddenly, Jongdae stood up and ran upstairs. And slammed his bedroom door shut. Leaving a dumbfounded Baekhyun and a worried Mrs Kim. 

After Jongdae went upstairs, Mrs Kim sighed. "Jongdae's dad, is... dead." Mrs Kim mumble, sadly. Baekhyun's eyes widen in shock. So thats why Jongdae ran away. "When Jongdae was young, he was very close to his dad. They would go out fishing, catching butterfly, riding bike and even mountain climbing. One day, a fire happened in our house and it got burned down. Jongdae's dad died in the fire because he rescued me and Jongdae." Mrs Kim explained, ending with a cry.

"Ever since then, we never talked things related to father. Every Fathers Day, Jongdae would lock himself in his room. Sometimes when I walk past his bedroom. I could hear crying. And it hurts my heart to see my son like that." Mrs Kim cried. Baekhyun decided to brighten Jongdae's mood up. He ran upstairs and slowly opened the door. Inside he saw Jongdae under the covers, crying. And a sting of pain stabbed his heart. But he doesn't know why.

-

"Jongdae I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that. I didn't know." Baekhyun apologised. "Its ok, you didn't know anyways." Jongdae said with a raspy voice. But Baekhyun was still guilty. Baekhyun stood there not knowing what to do. He crawled up in bed and hugged Jongdae taking Jongdae by surprise. Jongdae turned his head and their lips met. Both of their eyes widen in shock and they jumped out of bed. "S-sorry..." Jongdae blushed. "I kinda enjoyed it..," Baekhyun mumbled, barely audible. But Jongdae heard him. And his blushed only deepened, "W-what?" Jongdae asked. 

Baekhyun couldn't hold it back anymore. In a speed of lighting. He pressed Jongdae against the wall and kissed him passionately. He knew that his first friendship in his new school would just end by this. But he didn't care much right now. It felt to good to stop. Jongdae just stood there, stiff. After awhile, he responded back. Taking both of them by surprise.

Baekhyun's tongue hit Jongdae's teeth as he seeked for entry which Jongdae gladly complied. Jongdae moaned inro the kiss. Baekhyun carried Jongdae to bed and broke off. Both was panting heavily. "I know we just met not so long ago, but to tell you the truth. When I first saw you. I think you can call it, love at first sight. So, will you be my boyfriend?" Baekhyun asked. Staring into Jongdae's eyes lovingly. Jongdae answered by pecking his lips.

Suddenly, a growled feeled the room. "I think we should go eat dinner." Baekhyun chuckled.J ongdae nod in agreement. And they headed downstairs for dinner. They came back upstairs in pajamas. Yep, Bakehyun wanted to sleep overnight at Jongdae's house so he brought his stuff needed. They cuddled through the night with a smile on their face. Somehow, it felt like a dream for Jongdae.

Having your best friend suddenly smiling alot. Having a boyfriend with someone he just met a day ago. But he was happy. And if it was a dream. He wished that he would never wake up.

********

A/N

There might be a double update today! So wait for it, till then. ^.^ Oh and please do comment! Would be appreciated! 

-Chansoo6336