Chapter 9

Flashlight

A/N I know I said that this chapter will probably be the end. But I figured out to end it at Chapter 10 as its a nice number and so that you guys will have fun reading and stuff. And I am ending it today because my computer lagged during last Saturday and I needed to re-write everything. So I was kinda sad, so yeah.

P.s This chapter is more of like saying how they are doing after 1 week.

*********************

They were walking back to class, chatting once in awhile. Its been a week since the news of Kyungsoo going to study aboard at Australia was told to him. And ever since then, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol got a lot closer. Baekhyun and Jongdae being together spreaded like a wild fire.

Kyungsoo is going to perform at the prom and he already knows what he should sing, but every time he thinks about that song. He will tear up a little as its really sad to say farewell to his best friends. Its like they are never going to meet again. Or like he is going to die. The more he thinks about it, the sadder he grows. He is also slowly falling for Chanyeol, which is not good as he is going to leave soon.

Chanyeol already felled for Kyungsoo which he realized in this 1 week time. He have a surprise for Kyungsoo and planned to give him something at prom. He hopes that Kyungsoo likes it. But he doesn’t know that Kyungsoo will be going to Australia that day. He also pleaded teacher to let him perform during prom so that he can sing a song for Kyungsoo. He told Baekhyun about his plan and Baekhyun was happy about it.

Jongdae was trying to figure what he should give Baekhyun and figured out a gift. He also wishes that Baekhyun won’t be mad at him when he tells him about Kyungsoo studying abroad. He heard from Baekhyun that Chanyeol is planning to ask Kyungsoo to be his boyfriend through a song at prom. He felt really bad that he can’t tell them about it. He wishes Chanyeol all the best for the upcoming prom. And was looking forward on what Kyungsoo will be perfoming since Kyungsoo won’t tell him.

Baekhyun is really happy that he has Jongdae as his boyfriend, he is so understanding and appreciative. Not like other boyfriends that he had before. He bought a gift for Jongdae a few days ago and was proud of it. But Chanyeol just said that its not better than his which Baekhyun scoffed at. Baekhyun is really excited for the upcoming prom that sometimes he start squealing in front of Jongdae like a teenage girl. Which Jongdae chuckles at. And to Baekhyun’s ear is music.

They reached the class and settled down, chatting while waiting for teacher to come. Soon, the teacher came in with some papers in her hand. The teacher first started with lesson, like usual. There was 20 minutes before lunch. And teacher stopped her teaching.

”Alright, so as you know the prom is coming up and I know all of you are excited for it. So I am going to tell you the events that are going to come up. The principal decided that it will be a non-lesson day for all of you so that you can enjoy the prom.” The teacher said, and the class cheered.

“The first event will be called ‘Couple Singing Duet’ and I advice Jongdae and Baekhyun to go as you guys are a couple and have great vocalist.” Baekhyun smiled sheepishly while Jongdae blushed at the mention of their name.

“The second event will be the dance with your partner, of course. The fourth event will be a short speech from the principal even though you guys probably won’t be listening. After that, it will be a break so that you can eat stuff provided at the prom.” The students cheered again.

“After that, there will be a event called ‘K-pop Band Performance’ from our school, as you know. Our school has a CCA called “K-pop Band” or something like that. I am not sure. You will be voting for the best K-pop Band after prom from the voting box outside the room. You won’t see it when you come in as it will be putted up when the prom is close to end.” The teacher took a breath.

“Lastly, you will be hearing students from our school singing. They can be alone, in pairs and even three people too. The paper that I will give you will be a form on what events you can participate in. Like, the ‘Couple Singing Duet’ and the ‘Singing Duet’ that anyone can join. There will be a voting box for that too.” The students clapped and cheered.

“I am not done yet, 

the voting card will be given to you at Thursday, three days from now. And you will have to pass up the form at Wednesday so that we can check how many candidates will be participating in the events listed.” The teacher said, taking the paper before passing it to the students.

After passing down the paper, the students started chatting with their friends. Jongdae and Baekhyun decided to participate the ‘Couple Singing Duet’. “Hey do you want to sing with me and Kyungsoo?” Jongdae asked Baekhyun. “Sure!” Baekhyun squealed. Jongdae chuckled of course.

Jongdae texted Kyungsoo about it and Kyungsoo agreed. What do song do you and Baekhyun want to perform? Kyungsoo texted. Jongdae asked Baekhyun about it and the three of them decided to discuss about the prom stuff after school at the Café.

Soon the bell rang, meaning its time for lunch. The four of them headed to the Cafeteria together. They took their food and settled down at a table. They were chatting halfway when a girl walked towards their table. “Chanyeol oppa, would you like to go to the ‘Couple Singing Duet’ with me?” The girl asked and Kyungsoo bites his lips. To his surprise, Chanyeol rejected the girl.

“Well, that was awkward…” Baekhyun said. “Yep…” Jongdae and Chanyeol said in return. “I’m done eating.” Kyungsoo stood up from his seat before walking away. Chanyeol stared at Kyungsoo in confusion but Baekhyun and Jongdae more or less knows what’s going on. Jealousy. Both of them thought. And chuckled, Chanyeol now looks at them in confusion. “Its ok, he’ll be better soon.” Jongdae said, smiling. Baekhyun nodded in agreement. “Ok..?” Chanyeol said and continued to eat in silence.

*Time skip*

They were walking to the Café and were chatting like normal. Kyungsoo opened the door before opening the lights and air-conditioners. Kyungsoo walked into the kitchen and got busy with baking cakes. Baekhyun and Jongdae started wiping the tables. Chanyeol started making Coffee.

He walked in the kitchen to see Kyungsoo wearing an apron. And blushed. He then walked towards a cabinet and opened it to take the coffee beans. He then walked out of the kitchen trying hard not to make any sound so that he won’t disturb Kyungsoo

After 40 minutes. "Hey guys! Come into the kitchen and taste test this!" Kyungsoo shouted form the kitchen. The three of them went in and their at the sight of delicious cupcakes. "Wash your hand before eating. And eat 1 cupcake, share." Kyungsoo commanded. After eating the cupcake, the three of them gave thumbs up before Kyungsoo took the tray of Red Velvet cupcakes to the front and placed it so that its for sell.

Then they opened the shop and there was already alot of customers after 10 minutes and most of them a regualar customers. Kyungsoo smiled before helping the three of them who were busy taking orders and passing the food. The cashier rang almost all day. It was 4 o'clock and that's the time where the shops closes. Baekhyun,Jongdae and Kyungsoo decided to talk about the prom things with their phone later tonight and all of them went home. Jongdae and Baekhyun walked home hand in hand.