Chapter 12

Flashlight

Chanyeol's POV

Where'd Kyungsoo go?! And why did he burst out the venue like this, that isn't like him. I frowned. Although yes, I feel hurt and slightly betrayed that he went off like this but I'm more worried about him more than anything. Jongdae and Baekhyun followed right behind me as I ran out the door to find Kyungsoo. Baekhyun and I were about to turn down another hallway when Jongdae screamed.

"Jongdae?! Where are you?!" Baekhyun shouted, suddenly alarmed of his surroundings. But nothing came to his question. I stood there stunned,"L-let's go back to where we came from. Jongdae was behind us, right?" I said. Baekhyun nodded, panick and worry evidence on his face. Me and Baekhyun went back to the hallway where we came from and started searching for the both o them.

"Kyungsoo?! Jongdae?!" We shouted.

Kyungsoo's POV

Ahh, my head hurts. What the hell happened? Why is everything so dark? , my head hurts so much. Why does it hu- Wait. Someone hitted me fro behind and I passed out, didn't I? I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes, letting them adjust to the surrounding lights. When I finally do, however, I gasped in shock. Sitting across me was Jongdae with his eyes closed and tied to a chair.

I tried to reach out for him only to realise that I can't move my hands and glanced down. My eyes widened, why am I tied too? Who did this? What in a world? I fidgeted and tried to untie myself from the chair which was techinnically impossible as my hand were tied to each other and my legs are tied to the chair's leg. Before I could fidget and fight the strings, I heard a voice coming from out side the classroom. Wait, classroom?!

The voice started to get louder and footsteps seem to be approaching here. The voice sounded so familiar though. But I closed my eyes and pretended to be unconscious so that the people who did this wouldn't suspectand do anything rash. "Yes, I have him here with me. And his best friend too. Because he knows about it, boss." The voice said.

That sounded so much like, wait. No. It is my form teacher. I tried to not gasp in surprise and shock and not open my eyes. My teacher continued to talk and it seems like he's talking on his phone. I was about to take a small peek when I heard a groan. Oh no! Jongdae! My eyes immediately popped open just as my teacher said, "His best friend is awake, let me call you back, boss." And ended the call.

"Ahh!" Jongdae shouted from shock and my teacher immediately widened his eyes and took out a piece of fabric from his back pocket before stuffing it in his mouth. "Mmm... Mmmmmm..." Jongdae tried to spit out the fabric but failed badly so he only managed to make muffled noises out from his mouth. "You better shut up before I make you, Jongdae." My teacher growled.

Jongdae look at him in shock as he nodded weakly, really frightened. His eyes even had tears in them. Jongdae was about to look away when he saw me and he gasped slightly but it didn't make any sound as his mouth was stuffed. I tried to make an eye conversation by telling him to not make a sound and pretend that he was not awake yet. Jongdae frowned slightly but nodded.

My teacher sighed in relief before heading out the door to see if anyone was outside. I took that opportunity to scream as loud as I could, hopping someone out there would here me. My teacher turned around to cover my mouth but i just bited it and screamed even louder. My teacher's eyes turned dark and he groaned. "Shut up!" He yelled as ripped a piece of his clothing and stuffed it in my mouth.

He glared at me which I returned with fear in my eyes but tried as hard as I could to make it look deadly. My teacher shivered slightly before turning away, I guessed it work. Why am I even thinking about this when I have more important things to be worry about right now? Jongdae was looking at me with a slightly amused expressions but there was still fear in his eyes.

Chanyeol's POV

Me and Baekhyun stood there stunned when he heard two other screams. "C-chanyeol... That s-sounded like K-kyungsoo." Baekhyun said, shakened. I gulped, "Let's follow where the scream came from." I said, frowning. Baekhyun nodded and I started to walk, trying to remember exactly where it came from. "Chanyeol, are you sure you want to do this with just me? And not try to get some help?" Baekhyun asked consciously.

I pondered for a moment before answering with a "Do you have your phone with you?" Baekhyun looked at me in disbelief, "What? A phone? At a time like this?" I sighed, "We could call for help." I deadpanned. It took him a moment before realizing what I said. "O-oh." He mumbled out before taking out his phone. "Who should we call?" Baekhyun asked.

"The police?" I asked. Baekhyun frowned for a moment, "What if it's nothing serious?" He asked. "Kyungsoo wouldn't have screamed then. As you know, Soo is calm by nature." Baekhyun nodded and muttered a soft "True." Before dialling the emergency number on his phone. But paused midway, "But that will gain attention. What about we actually find them first before calling?" Baekhyun suggested.

"Ok, that works for me." I responded. "Let's go then." Baekhyun said before putting away his phone. We turned a corner which lead into another hallway. I told Baekhyun to stop and he looked at me questioningly. "What?" He whispered. " I see a shadow." I replied. "Oh, now that you pinted it out, I see it too." Baekhyun gasped sharply. The shadow moved and headed inside a classroom.

The both of us released a deep breath we never realised we held. "Do you think they're there?" I asked. "A high chance that it's a yes." Baekhyun responded. "But Chanyeol," He said, "Don't you wonder where the rest of the school is?" He continued, I shrugged, "Probably still back at the venue and continuing their activities." I said. "So we can't get help from them?" Baekhyun asked. "Don't think so." I whispered before going forward.

Baekhyun's eyes widened at the surprising action before trailing behind me. "Slow down there body, what if it was a gangster? Or terrorist? Or muderer? Whatt if he has a knife? Or even worse, a gun?" He went on and on about questions before I shushed him. "Shush would you? I'll check through the gap at the door." I said. "I was just trying to be logical." Baekhyun argued. "Shush!" I said.

I heard hi sigh before he zips his mouth. I continued forwaed James Bond style and tried to be as quiet as possible. Upon reaching the classroom that the shadow entered, I heard a voice. "You two better not try any stunt as we wait for someone to pick us up." The voice said. It sounded oddly familiar before I can into a realization of the voice belonging to our form teacher.

I looked back at Baekhyun with a shock expression and he seemed to be as stunned as me. We heard a chair being dragged and froze immediately. We could make out a small whiper of "Since we're going to wait, why not sit down." Baekhyun went nearer to me and mouthed, "What do we do now?" I frowned, "I'll try to peep to see if our teacher is sitting near the door, if he isn't. We'll crawl towards the door silently and when the teacher finally notices us, we'll knock him down." I mouthed back.

Baekhyun nodded, "Sounds like a good plan." He smiled and I smiled back, "Thank you." Since we were squatting just now, I slowly stood up and tried to make sound as I do. My eyes level almost the same as the window and I raised it higher to see the teacher's hair and I almost screamed. Luckily, he wasn't facing me but facing. "Oh my god, it's Soo and Dae." I thought, eyes widening.

I looked down to see Baekhyunvlooking at me in curiousity. "Soo and Dae." I mouthed. Baekhyun nodded though his eyes did flash slight anger and shock. When I turned back to look at the window, Kyungsoo seemed to noticed me along with Jongdae  as their eyes were wide in alarm. "What are you two staring at." The teacher said, I could even here the frown in his face.

But out of instinct when he was about to turn back, I ducked down. I sighed in relief when he said, "Are you two seeing ghost now?" The teacher laughed shortly after. I started to crawl towards the door and Baekhyun followed without a word. I was at the entrance and Jongdae could see us. Baekhyun tried to smile at him reasuring but it didn't turn out to well. Jongdae avoided our eye contact after that.

We figured that the teacher spotted him. We stayed ropted to the ground when he heard the dragging of chairs again, but this time, it was accompanied by footsteps. And it seemed like it was coming towards our direcion. But that was confirmed when Jongdae's eyes widened and he started to fidget in his sit.

A/N                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Guys, I'm not dead. And I'm actually back with a chapter. I apologise for the long wait and I promise to write this story more frequently. Thanks for reading. And I'm not sorry for the cliffhanger :P

Chansoo6336