Chapter 10

Flashlight

The days flew by and its already the night before Valentine's Day party. (I know its been like 4 months and more since Valentine's, but just stick with it :P) Kyungsoo was rolling around in his bed, couldn't even close his eyes. Tomorrow is the last day he will be with his friend before he needs to go to Australia. Kyungsoo's eyebrows were furrowed, face serious. He got up from his bed and decided to write a letter for Chanyeol.

While Kyungsoo is writing the letter which will be shown later, author will tell you what sort of happen in this few days. The teacher also informed that Kyungsoo can perform on stage to sing his last song. Kyungsoo decided not to tell anyone about it and wear a mask to perform on stage. He also informed the hoster of the prom to not tell anyone his name when he is introduced up on stage and the hoster agreed with a kind smile.

Now back to the story. Kyungsoo is writing the letter with his whole heart. He planned to put this in Chanyeol's locker when there is no one after school. He also borught an extra pair of shirt to change after he performed on stage to not make anyone suspect. But Jongdae could probably tell that its him by his voice. He knows that Jongdae is smart enough to not tell anyone its him on stage.

Kyungsoo hopes that Chanyeol and Baekhyun won't notice that its him. His plan is to lie that he was late for prom. Then if his friends tell him, "You missed out a performance!". He will just apologise to them and continue with the prom. Before he performs onstage, he will text Chanyeol saying that he will be late so that Chanyeol will also not suspect. After the performance he will change his shirt and try to not get notice by anyone.

He endeed the letter and sighed. Waters were coming out of his eyes again, but he hold it in. He settled the letter aside and remind himslef to take it with him to school tomorrow. He also planned to pass the Cafe's keys to Chanyeol so that they can continue to work there if they want to. But he is worried that no one will be baking the cupcakes there, so he bought a cake recipe book and putted it on the Cafe's counter. Hoping that they will atleast visit there once when he's not around any more.

Kyungsoo switched off the lights and went to bed, luckily this time, he could sleep. He wish himself all the best for tomorrow. He sighed again before drifting to dreamland like all the other three whom already did.

-

The night went by and today came. Kyungsoo was so nervous he could hardly even out his breathing. He is not going to go to school early to mark attendance like the other students. And the teachers know that. He is gonna come in later so that no one will know its him. He brought a small bag and putted his cloths and other things that he needs in it. He waited for the time to pass before heading out.

Kyungsoo's POV

I am so nervous, what if someone saw me? What if that someone was Jongdae? Or Baekhyun? Or worser, Chanyeol ? Calm down Do Kyungsoo, you can do this, you can't turn back now. I reached the school gate and putted on my mask just in case. I ran to the backstage of the prom room and tried to even out my breathing. I then took off my mask.

"Oh! Soo! You're here! So I forgot to ask, to you wanna sing at the start of prom or the last singer to be onstage for this event?" The producer asked. "First please..." I replied nervously. I am biting my lips now hile the producer talk to someone else. I could hear from the backsatge that the students were busy chattering away while waiting for prom to get started. Luckily the first solo performers don't have to get ready with people from the couple duet event. Or not Baekhyun and Jongdae will see me.

The sound of the MC of the prom brought me back to the reality. I became nervous again. The MC was talking about stuff like 'Are you guys excited?' and some other things I couldn't catch. By phone beeped in my pocket and saw a message from Chanyeol. "Are you going to reach soon? The performance is abut to start." It readed." I replied with a "I am on my way." I turned my phone to airplane mode to keep it from beeping if Chanyeol does send me messages when I am performing.

The producer walked towards me and said that I need to go out now. I putted on my mask and evened out my breath. I took the mic that the producer handed me. I looked towards the producer and he nodded his head. I went behind the curtains and soon the curtains started to open and the satge light shone bright. I squinted my eyes to adjust. I spotted Jongdae, Baekhyun and Chanyeol sitting by a table and having a empty seat.

I then went back to the crowd and I was still nervous. They were clapping and chatting. I took a very deep breath before holding the mic up to my mouth and the backgroung music started to play. The crowd immediately went silent and looked towards the stage, including Jongdae, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

 

I finished the last note and opened my eyes that I didn't realised I closed. The crowd clapped and I smiled slightly before leaving the stage. I then rushed off to change the cloths to meet up with my friends. After changing the cloths, I went back to the prom room and met up with Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongdae.

"Soo! You are finally here." Chanyeol smiled. "You missed out an great performance." Baekhyun said. "I did? But atleast I didn't miss out alot of things... Right?" I asked, smiling nervously. "Yeah, you didn't." Chanyeol said. I noticed Jongdae wasn't talking so I was a little worried that he might have found out that it was me. "Hey, Soo?" Jongdae finally spoke up. I hummed in respond.

"Can I talk to you privately?" He said, pulling me away before I could respond. "Was that you? Just now? On the stage?" Jongdae asked, looking at me straight in the eyes. I nodded before looking at the ground. I could hear Jongdae sighing before he hugged me. "I will miss you, Soo." Jomgdae sobbed slightly. "I will too..." I mumbled, trying to hold back my tears. "But we should go back, before the two of them gets worried, and... Don't cry, ok? You make me want to cry too." I smiled slightly.

Jongdae nodded and we headed back to Chanyeol and Baekhyun. "Where did you guys go?" Baekhyun asked. "Somewhere." Jongdae smirked. "Tell me~" Baekhyun whined. "I won't." Jongdae said. Baekhyun was about to say some thing when someone rushed up to us and told Baekhyun and Jongdae to go get ready as they will be performing soon. Baekhyun and Jongdae said bye. Me and Chanyeol wished them all the best. Jongdae smiled slightly at me before leaving with Baekhyun.

________________________________________________

A/N

I know, its been long. I apologise for having you guys to wait so long for me to update. I was on my hiatus to improve my writing skills and I really did. And now I am on Wattpad too. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I will see you soon~