10 years ago

The Year It Snow
"Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh, yeah..." a harmonious melody was came out from a kindergarten.
 
The kids were singing Christmas carols happily in the kindergarten. But at the outside, in the garden of the kindergarten, there was a little girl sitting on a swing, crying silently. No one knew she was there, no one noticed she had missing, no one cared for her.
 
-Flashback-
"Get out of here! You uglyduckling! We don't like you."
"Yeah, we don't like playing with an uglyduckling."
"We won't exchange present with you too, uglyduckling. No one would do!"
The other kids followed to laugh.
-End of falshback-
 
Is ugly a fault...?
No one would accept me.....
 
 
A boy was strolling around the garden when he saw the little girl. He went to talk to her, but Suzy just ignored him, she don't want to let people see her crying especially boys, because they'll laugh at her again...
"Are you alright? Why don't you go in and play with others? It's cold here." the boy started to speak.
"......."
"....... You..... sick? Should I go inside and asked for Sohee unni help?"
"No need....I......am fine...." Suzy sobbed.
"Omo! You cry?!!!" the boy was shocked.
 
What should I do?
 
"Please.... don't cry, what you want? I'll give you."
"They said me ugly, they said they don't want to play with an uglyduckling, they don't want to exchange present with me. They laughed me..." Suzy said.
"They have no manners! How could they said people like this?! Didn't Sohee noona scold them?"
"Sohee unni was not there...."
"Gwenchana, they don't want to play with you, I'll play with you."
"There's no need, you can go inside to play with them." Suzy was still srying.
Suddenly, the boy hugged Suzy. Suzy was shocked, but she immediately stopped crying.
 
I don't know why but I just had the impulse to hug her. My mind is telling me to protect her.
 
The boy smiled to Suzy and wiped her tears away, said, "You've stopped crying."
Suzy didn't reply.
The boy continued, "Come on, smile once. Why don't you smiled?"
Suzy just looking at him with her red eyes.
"Aha! I'll sing for you and dance." the boy standed up from the swing and started to sing and dance.
 
"You better watch out 
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town..."
 
Suzy laughed because of his bad singing skill and dance.
"You smiled. That's gerat!" the boy said.
"Thank you, I think I'm not a left out now because of you. You're like an angel, bright me up, thanks."
"You weren't ugly actually, you're cute."
"Thanks, my angel." Suzy smiled. The boy smiled too.
"Look! It's snowing!" the boy stretch out his hand to touch the snow.
"You.... like snow?" Suzy asked.
"Yea..... I love it very much, maybe is because I was born in winter, you?"
"I like spring better, winter is too cold....."
"Yet it's fun, try to feel the snow!" the boy gave Suzy the snow that was in his hand.
"Ah! It's cold!"
"Try to taste it." 
"Ouch, it's cold and hurt my teeth, puhahaha...." the boy laughed.
Suzy laughed at the boy's silly action. Suzy taste it too........ "It's tasteless....... Ouch, so c~o~l~d~~~~"
'Hahahaha." the boy laughed at Suzy.
 
"I have something for you....." 
Then, the boy took out a box wrapping beautifully from his back.
"For..... me?" Suzy was shocked.
The boy smiled while nodded, "Yes, for you."
"But.... why?"
"Didn't you say that no one wants to exchange present with you? Me too, so now I'll exchange with you."
Suzy smiled and took the present from his hand,"Thank you."
"Thanks for your present too." he took Suzy's present from her legs without her noticing.
"Ah, what's your name?"
"Suzy."
"I'm Yoseob."
"Thanks, Yoseob."
"Thanks to you too." they both smiled.
"Come on let's go."
"Where?" Suzy asked.
"Where? Of course to the kindergarten. Aren't you going back?" Yoseob said.
"No! I don't want!" Suzy shouted.
"Don't worry, I won't let them bully you again, I'll protect you from now on. Promise."
Suzy looked at Yoseob and nodded.
"Come on." Yoseob grabbed Suzy's hand and they walked into the kindergarten.
 
"Is Yoseob!!!"
"Yoseob has arrived!!"
"Oppa, why are you so late...."
When they stepped in the kindergarten, the girls shouted.
"What is it? Why suddenly so noisy?" Sohee came out of a room.
"Guys, look who is beside Yoseob?" a boy said.
"Omo! Is uglyduckling!" the other boys said.
"Kids, keep your manners. What uglyduckling? How could you called your friend like this?" Sohee scolded the kids.
"She's not our friend, she's just an uglyduckling." a girl said.
"Ya." the others agree.
"Kids!" Sohee shouted angrily.
"Yoseob and Suzy, why are you guys so late? I was just about to called your parents, it's good that you're fine."
"Sohee noona, of course we are, don't worry about us." Yoseob replied.
"Yoseob, why are you taking an uglyduckling back?" a boy name Key said.
"She's not uglyduckling, to me, she's cute, she's my friend, don't you dare to bully her! She's now under my protect!" Yoseob said.
"Uglyduckling is just an ugly duckling, that's the fact." Key said. "You!" Yoseob shouted.
"Okay, kids, let's continued our Christmas party." Sohee said to break the fight.
"Why Yoseob will make friend with uglyduckling?" 
"How does uglyduckling......?" the kids are whispering.
Suzy was scared and she trembled. Yoseob felt it and said into her ears, "Don't be scared, I'll protect you, come on, let's go." 
On the Christmas party, no one went to Suzy and bully her, Yoseob was by her side all the time.
 
After this incident, Suzy and Yoseob became good friend. They always be together, so no one dares to bully Suzy because Yoseob was always by her side.
One month passed, Yoseob was leaving with his family to America. Yoseob told Suzy that he'll come back, Suzy keep waiting.
 
10 years passed..... will Yoseob come back to accomplish his promise?