Save me

Another heir story

After a week of knowing the family secret,jonghoon has been nothing but nice to ilhoon in school, and worst of all,even if the younger boy scowls at him whenever they bumped into each other, jonghoon didn’t care at all.He can hate jonghoon all he wants but for all he knows,he’s contented that hyuna could be he’s, one.fine.day,if he was given the chance to.

 

“Hey, what are you doing later?”Jonghoon asked,face plastered with a small smile which hyuna had to roll her eyes for.It’s not like she hadn’t noticed jonghoon has been all smiley through out the week,she had but unfortunately it doesn’t attract her. 

 

At the back of the class, jaejin nudged seunghyun,”Ya seunghyun, don’t you think jognhoon is getting weirder each day?” He whispered and seunghyun eyes rounded in surprised,”oh?I thought i’m the only that noticed it!” 

 

“None of your business jonghoon.” Hyuna hissed in annoyance, attracting jaejin and seunghyun’s attention again.

 

“That’s great!I’ll come by your house then.” Just like everyday,jonghoon ignores her harsh words and tone and continues what he wants to do how ever he likes.

 

“Piss off jonghoon.” Sungjin growled with his bag sling on his right shoulder, pushing jonghoon harshly making him stumbled, fortunately he managed to hold on hyuna’s table before he fall. 

 

Hyuna turned at sungjin whom already at his seat and mumbles, “ You, you piss off, go back to where you came from.” And upon hearing it, jonghoon smiled even wider at her,” I’m fine honey, don’t need to get so work out over it.” Hyuna groaned pushing him lightly,” Now you piss off idiot.” Jonghoon chuckled and went to his seat when the teacher arrived.

 

 

**

 

With sungjin around, lunch time was never peace,creating scene and attracting people’s attention was definitely what he loved to do.And today was like any other day as hyuna watched him threaten the little guy to move out from the table when he was still eating.She must say, the little guy was brave,he didn’t give in to sungjin however being brave was not good enough; to win against a guy like sungjin — one has to be physically strong.

 

“This is the price for being hard headed.” He growled, grabbing the victim’s collar. 

 

“CHOI SUNGJIN!” Hyuna shouted before his fist could reached on the poor guy’s face. Sungjin turned to look at her,annoyed as he let go of the boy’s collar and pushes him back harshly.

 

Sungjin smirked evilly walking towards her while hyuna stare daggers at him walking towards him as well. 

 

Soon, both of them were right in front of each other,staring into each other’s soul.

 

Hyuna right side lips tugged upwards moving closer, closing the gap between them and she didn’t missed the sight of her little brother,jonghoon and the rest of their members shifting on their seats uncomfortably while watching the scene. However, they knew better than to get involved,hyuna never liked it,she never liked it to be treated as tho she was ‘princess’ or someone was untouchable just because of btob or ft island protecting her. 

 

Hyuna could smell his strong cologne on his neck just like her style of perfume on men and if it’s not sungjin, she would have been attracted to him. “You better watch your back honey, because i won’t let your dirty hands touch these students.” Her voice was icy yet calm. 

 

The smirk never left as he cackled, “You’ve grown up so well hyuna,i’m surprised. Gotta admit it hyun, you caught me off guard at first but sadly, you look exactly like the broken girl that i knew,to me.” Hyuna had to suppressed her gasped but remained in her bold posture and feeling disgusted hearing her pet name again given by him. Nonetheless,he remembers me.

 

“You’re no better than me jin, remember that. Unless you want me to reveal your broken past, get lost from here.” Hyuna moved away from him and looked at his face with a triumphant smile when she saw him clenching his jaws and hands tight in anger before he smashed his plate on the floor and get out of the cafeteria. 

 

All of the students gave a round of applause but hyuna shivered in fear as she tried to hold herself from trembling.

 

Then jia look at her best friend’s pale face in worrisome,” are you okay hun?”She asked and hyuna just gave a curt nod. She picked up her utensils but she has lose her appetite and then remained quiet.

 

 

**

 

“You’re so quiet today.” He said, putting both of their bags on the sofa and hyuna just continues to ignore him sitting on the sofa while staring into space. She didn’t even argue when jonghoon managed to open the door of her house without having her to tell her password. 

 

Jonghoon sighed defeatedly,”I’ll cook and you can get a warm bath.” 

 

Without saying anything,she got up on her feet and dragged herself to her room. Upon reaching her room,hyuna legs weaken as she scrambled down on the floor,gasping for oxygen and groaned inwardly,thinking all of her effort she had built up all these years has gone wasted in a beat just because he had recognised her. 

 

Why did he had to return.

 

Why does he hasn’t changed.

 

Why was he still breathing.

 

Jonghoon was busy cooking when jonghyun and ilhoon barged in the house with a thousand questions bombarded and jonghyun was amazed at how jonghoon would calmly responds to every question to his little brother without stuttering or irritated.

 

After a while,jonghyun shook his head at his overprotective little brother and swung his brother to face him,” time out little guy, you’re over the top. I’ll go check on your lover and you go help jonghoon in the kitchen because i’m way too upset with you for always forgetting i’m one of your sibling too and not only hyuna.” 

 

Ilhoon guiltily grinned at jonghoon as he rolled his eyes at the little guy before going to hyuna room and ilhoon went to the kitchen without a word. 

 

 

**

 

“Baby.” Jonghyun called lovingly,knocking on the door however no one answered. He knocked for the second time and still there’s no one answered and then he tries to open the door. The door cracked open,”Ba—“ His word choked half way thru in shocked.

 

Hyuna room was in a mess as tho someone had ransacked her room,then his eyes stopped at her lamp table. His whole body froze staring at the things scattered on the table.Pills. She’s taking pills again. 

 

Then, the sound of the water from the bathroom awaken jonghoon as panic attacks him. “Baby!Kim Hyuna!” He called in panic,knocking on the bathroom door but the door cracked open too. He hesitated but he couldn’t help to rush to his baby sister. He wouldn’t want the same thing to happen again. He wouldn’t want to regret for the second time, if not he wouldn’t forgive himself.

 

“Baby,i’m coming in.” He told carefully opening the door,thankfully,it was revealed to hyuna soaked in her clothes,trembling and trying her hardest to breathe. He ran towards her and hug her tightly.

 

“I’m sorry baby, i’m so sorry.I’m always busy that i forgot about you” He cried and hyuna silently cries with him too. 

 

After a while when the both of them had calm down, they let go of the embraced and look at each other.

 

“i’m having legs cramps honestly.” With that, both of them burst out laughing and all the tension ceased down.Then, all of sudden hyuna remembers why she couldn’t die again. It’s all because of his brothers that had so much faith in her,that she wouldn’t want to blame themselves for letting their baby sister die.

 

“let’s go. The rest are waiting for us.” He said standing up first,then hugging hyuna’s waist pulling her up slowly. 

 

“ya.”

 

“ya?” He narrowed his eyes at her but hyuna being hyuna,she didn’t backed down either, she glare at him.

 

“Did you gave my password to that jerk?!” Jonghyun grinned and shrugged.

 

 

**

“Oh!Jonghoon!you’re here.” Her mum greeted, hugging him lovingly before pulling him to the dining table. 

 

“Finally you’re here, took you so long,why can’t you be like your brother that is good at everything.This is all because your mother pampering you way too much” 

 

Jonghoon resisted himself from rolling his eyes at his father as he look at his brother who was sitting in front of his father with a devilish smirk. If only,if only he could wipe that smirk with his fist.If only his brother hadn’t had came back korea, he hadn’t had to celebrate his ‘comeback’ with his family and continue to stay at hyuna’s house,spending more quality with her. 

 

It was during in the middle of their dinner with jonghyun,ilhoon and hyuna happily when jonghoon received a phone call from assistant kim that his father requested him to be home to have dinner with the whole family then his energy automatically drained but here he was, with his unappreciative family.

 

“I’m sorry for being late, i had stuff to settle.” He said monotonely, taking a seat beside his brother as he ignored his comment about hyuna,“You should stop hang out with her, she don’t do you any good.” 

 

“Who?”His father asked and jonghoon inwardly cursed at his brother big mouth but he didn’t answered him and let the two of them did the talking. 

 

“The mystery Kim’s family,they say.”

 

“The kim’s? the one that has two unknown guys clinging to her like koala?”

 

Sungjin retorted to his father sarcasm and nodded, “That one.” And his father make a face at jonghoon.

 

“why are you seeing with our enemies jonghoon,i thot you’re better than this?you better stop seeing her or I’ll never give you my share.” 

 

Jonghoon stopped eating and put his utensils down,biting back his lips as he hold in the urge to argue back but instead,he stood up and bow at his father,” I’m done eating, i’ll need to go back to office now.”

 

“This rude kid,tsk.” He scoffed shaking his head.

 

 

**

 

Hyuna groaned as she got up from her bed to the non stopped banging at her front door and when she opened the door, she raised a brow at him. 

 

“i thot you went home,jonghoon?”she asked in annoyance with her arms folded. 

 

“A hug will do and and i won’t disturb you after this.”He beg and went to hug her without waiting for her permission however, she didn’t whine and his back instead.

 

“It’s okay,whatever you did at home, you didn’t do anything wrong.” she consoled softly.

 

After for like 15 minutes, they let go and jonghoon rubbed his nape in embarrassment, “you’re the first person to see all of my weaknesses and bad points but i hope you wouldn’t be terrified of me because i really like you,hyuna.Thank you for being my pillar all this while and goodnight have a good sleep. ”He smiled solemly before turning to walk off.

 

But stopped upon hearing hyuna calling for him and turned,”I’m always here just so you know.” Hyuna  quickly shut the door in embarrassment as well and jonghoon smiled to himself but sigh afterwards as the thot of going back to office with stacks of files piled up on his table was already dreading him.