Reason

Another heir story

“Ya i don’t like amusement park idiot.”hyuna grumbled, pulling out her wrist out of jonghoon’s grip and sighed as she tried not to show any wariness or discomfort of the crowd.

 

Apparently,jonghoon had forced her to go out with him,irritates hyuna every minute he could get when they were in school and jonghoon being jonghoon, she dragged her without her permission.Seriously  it’s no point saying no to him for the hundredth times, when all he did was the opposite of it. 

 

Hyuna looked up at the roller coaster and then looked around the place that was undoubtedly crowded, and flinched when she felt people were looking at her. “Hat, i need hat,”her voice trembled. 

 

Oblivious to her uneasiness of the huge crowd, jonghoon passed her his hat,”now come on,”he said enthusiastically, grabbing onto her hand and dragged her to the first course which was the bumper car and continue to all the thrilling course.

 

After they went for the roller coaster, jonghoon suggested to take the carousel to calm her nerves down when hyuna couldn’t stop swaying when she walks.

 

“I’m still going to kill you hoon-ie.” she narrowed her eyes down at jonghoon who was just right at her side,riding a horse and he chuckled,”I like when you called me by my pet name.“

 

Hyuna groaned, “don’t you start mister!” And he laughed whole heartedly.Then hyuna smiled,liking the scene, she never had seen jonghoon laughed and when he did, it was as tho the light shines brightly around jonghoon. She hated how she would avoid eye contacts and only looking down most of the time in the amusement park but nevertheless she enjoyed herself with jonghoon by her side but her ego restraint herself from admitting it. And they stare at each other before a voice startled them. 

 

“You grown out your hair,” The girl said amazed,smirking down at hyuna and when hyuna turned to the voice,it was revealed a group she hated the most since forever—Sungjin and his middle school friends. She assumed they’re having a reunion in this amusement park because she knew the girl hadn’t in korea for quite some time,how ridiculous she mused. 

 

Hyung clenched her hand into a tight fist while she felt jonghoon tensed up by her side. 

 

“Ain’t she a pretty doll now.” Sungjin cackled with a hint of sarcasm in it and the rest coos at it. 

 

The girl, named irene who was sungjin best friend snickered, “ a broken pretty doll.” 

 

Then sungjin looked at jonghoon,”i warned you didn’t i? why are you still going out with her, ya she’s a broken girl didn’t she told you that?” 

 

Hyuna bit her lips,refraining herself from trembling and turned to look at jonghoon but he showed no reaction,he didn’t flinched upon mentioning of how broken she was, but he just remained poker face. 

 

“You never changed jin, and never will huh, oh! my mistake, you did make a tiny weeny bit of change, i heard you’re not abusing strangers now but only with your little brother.” she sneered, smirking in amusement and she could feel she had won the battle when she could see his face turned red in anger. 

 

And she continues to provoke him, “ gotta admit it, i’m still a broken girl but i’m managing myself pretty well, as you can see i’m standing on two feet alone now, but i see your anger management didn’t help you at all.” She chuckled shaking her head. 

 

Jonghoon raised a brow at how hyuna spoke about his brother like they’ve known for years. 

 

“Ya, let’s just go, i don’t want create a scene here.” Irene said,pulling sungjin arm and he glare at hyuna while walking off and hyuna’s watched them with a smirk still plastered. 

 

When they’re out of their sight, hyuna walked off angrily leaving jonghoon but catches up with her soon after. “How long you knew my brother?” he asked, pulling hyuna to stop on her track and she pull her arm away from his touch with a piercing gaze,”it’s none of your business.”

 

After a few steps away, jonghoon ran up to her pulling her again. “I need to know! I need to know why they’re calling you a broken girl.”

 

She stopped wiggling from his touch and stare at his eyes,”Cos i am a broken girl from the start but you’re too blind to see.”

 

She managed to get out of his wrath and stomped off to their car.

 

**

“ugh i lost my appetite already.” Irene pushed off her plate to the center and put her cheek on her right palm. 

 

Sungjin,Irene and the rest of settled down at a cafe with an atmosphere a little too thick after what had happened.

 

“You didn’t tell me hyuna is back.” She asked breaking the silence,feeling betrayed. 

 

“i just realised it’s the hyuna that i know, she changed drastically i didn’t even recognise at her at first. And not like you informed me you’re in korea in the past few weeks either.” 

 

“i didn’t have time, i had a lot of things to settle.” She reasoned and sungjin scoffed at it not wanting to argue anymore. 

 

“All she said,is it true?” she mutters quietly and stopped for awhile before continuing, “you’re still beating your brother?” 

 

Sungjin glare at her but she wasn’t scared of it, she didn’t have to, after seeing and watched him grow old together with her,irene was accustomed to his glare and honesty personality. Irene was the only girl that had seen her bad points and yet accepted him and his flaws. She was always there and wouldn’t gave up on him like everyone else.

 

Knowing what the silence means, irene sigh,” just great.” 

 

**

 

“why can’t you just tell me hyuna?” Jonghoon asked in annoyance when hyuna kept still, not wanting to talk about it,while his eyes were on the road driving them back to her house.

 

“Hyuna talk to me,please.” He begged but hyuna blocked her ears and stares out of the window holding the car handle tightly. 

 

They reached her house not too long and jonghoon went out running to her and grabbed her wrist, receiving a glare from her.

 

“Let go.” she said, gritted teeth. 

 

“Not until you tell me.” 

 

Hyuna’s heart race at a fast race couldn’t hold her anger and frustration any longer and yells,” agrophobia;fear of public places and open spaces. Now look at me!!” she shoved her trembling hands at his face, surprised by it,her hands trembled severely. Then he observed her properly, body shaking a little, dry mouth, sweats a little too much and wonders how hadn’t he noticed?

 

“ONCE UPON A TIME A 10 YEAR OLD GIRL WAS LOCKED IN A DARK SPACE FOR HOURS,WAS BEATEN TO DEATH, THEY CUT HER HAIR A LITTLE TOO MUCH FOR THEM TO LAUGH AT EVERYDAY, EVERYONE THREW FOODS AT HER, THROWN AT AN ABANDON SCHOOL TO SCARE HER BECAUSE THEY SEEMS TO LOVE HER REACTION, CHOKE HER DOWN WITH ROTTEN FOOD,LOCKED HER IN A ROOM OVER AND OVER AGAIN TILL ONE POINT OF A TIME,SHE COULD FEEL HER TIME WAS UP, SHE THOT HER LIFE WAS GOING TO END SOON DUE TO ALL OF THE BEATINGS BY CHOI SUNGJIN BUT SHE DIDN’T, SHE WAS RESCUED BY HER BROTHERS. NOW TELL ME CHOI JONGHOON, WAS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR?” 

 

Hyuna harshly pushed him and he let her beat him,”are you proud now to know i’m broken because you got what you wanted to destroy me just like your brother right?”she scoffed. 

 

“i can’t even get out of this house without feeling someone is going to attack me, nor feeling paranoid all thanks to the choi.”

 

Jonghoon didn’t know when he had cried but his tears kept flowing murmuring his sorries,” i didn’t know, i’m sorry. I’m sorry we had destroyed you. I’m so so so sorry hyuna. “

 

“If you’re sorry, get out. Get out of this house and never see me again. Looking at you is the same as looking at sungjin. I hate both of you. Get out now.” Hyuna told off, feeling nausea. She needs her meds immediately,she’s not going to let him see how vulnerable she could get when she’s at her lowest.

 

Jonghoon eyes on the floor as hot tears continues to flow quickly,”i’m really sorry hyuna, i’m really am and i know you don’t need my words, but i’m really proud you’ve made it this far, you’re really a strong woman i’ve seen so far. i’m sorry again.”He said softly closing the door and just break down on the floor, barely breathing with her tears rolling down.She has no energy left to get her meds and she feels like dying once again.All kinds of ways of dying were running thru her mind wildly and she opted for the last one…

 

**

 

When everyone has left them alone, they take a stroll at a park nearby. 

 

“was it hard at the counsel?” she asked softly and he shrugged vaguely, “ things were never once easy ever since the day you left me.”

 

She gave a small smile apologictedly,”it was never a choice for me.” 

 

“i know.” He muttered.

 

“Wanna hear a joke?” His head perk up at her excitement tone and when she got his attention, she began,”this bully became their victim over there.” she scoffed weakly remembering the days she had to endure all the pain and monstrous laugh towards her. 

 

His eyes rounded and stopped her on her tracks,”are you okay?Did something bad happened?” 

 

Her eyes began to wet but she hold it in resulting to crack her voice here and there,” i was found in my bed unconscious. I took pills.” She already in her best friend’s arm sobbing quietly and continue despite the difficulty of talking,”They could barely rescued me due to the huge amount of pills i took in but i managed to save and my parents couldn’t lose me for the second time they let me stay in korea but i was busy going back and forth to rehab that’s why i didn’t call you up, i’m sorry.”

 

“shh, don’t cry, you’re okay now and i’m always here for you, protecting you.”She nodded,still in her best friend’s arm and let go after a good few minutes of relieved. 

 

“i want to promise me one thing.” sungjin froze, “promise me stop beating people , stop bullying them.” she pleaded. She somehow knew sungjin has a soft spot for her so he can’t really say no to her even if it’s a hard task.