Grown Up

Adventures of Family Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin always knew this day would come. He knew his babies would leave their home soon but he never expected it to be so soon. This morning he woke up earlier than usual. Everyone was still asleep. He gently pushed Namjoon to his side and walked to out of the room. The hallway was filled with boxes with Yoongi's belongings. Jin would lie if he said it didn't make his chest clench when seeing those boxes. Yoongi was all grown up and was leaving them to go to university. He started to wonder how those years passed so quickly and when did his boy grow up so much. A lot has happened over the years and Yoongi will always be his little boy who was afraid of the dark and slept with his light on all throughout high school. When he passed Hoseok's room, he heard muffled voices. Quietly, he walked closer to the door and listened carefully. 

"Do you think Yoongi's gonna be ok on his own?" Jin heard Taehyung's sleepy voice whispered. It was followed by a short silence and rustling of the sheets before Hoseok spoke up. "Hyung's gonna be ok. He was always the most responsible one." Taehyung hummed in agreement. It still surprised Jin that the two still slept together. They were both too big for that bed now but still ended up cuddled under duvets every morning. Jimin and Jungkook were now sharing a room because it was pointless to make Taehyung and Jimin sleep together when they would just end in different rooms by the end of the night. Jin passed Yoongi's room and traced his named spelled on the door. The glue has worn out as the years passed by and unfortunately it was missing two letters and the boys decided it was a smart idea to write them on the door with a waterproof marker. Probably Hoseok's idea. A small smile formed on Jin's face as he remembered those moments. His hand slipped down to the door knob and he lingered for a moment. He felt stupid for feeling so sentimental but he's never experienced a child leaving him. He took a deep breath and p'ushed the door open. Yoongi was sleeping, the blanket covering him to the top of his head. The lamp on his nightstand was . He stoof by the doorway for a few brief moments before he walked towards the bed and kneeled in front of the sleeping lump. Yoongi looked so peaceful. Jin traded his fingers through Yoongi's soft hair and let his hand stay there. His little boy was so grown up. The clenching in his chest got stronger the longer he watched his son sleep. Before he left the room, he pressed a gentle kiss to Yoongi's forehead and walked out, closing the door quietly. 

Being awake so early while everyone was still sleeping made him wonder if the house will be this quiet when all the boys leave. The thought of that made him catch his breath. He was so used to the screaming from every room and he knew one day this house would be filled with silence. Every day Yoongi would blast music from his room, thumping was heard from Hoseok's room as he practiced dancing, Taehyung and Jimin's yelling could be heard from the outside, they would argue for the most random reason but their arguments would always end in warm hugs and giggles and Jungkook's complains filled the kitchen because schoolwork was so boring to him. But one day all of that would be gone and the house would be filled with silence. Just like now. Eventually, he pushed the thoughts away and made himself a cup of tea. His daily routine consisted of making his cup of tea, drinking it slowly by the window and waiting for Jungkook to wake up and demand his bowl of sugary cereal. Next to wake up was Hoseok who walked into the kitchen with his eyes still closed and stopped in front of his dad. "Good morning," he would greet Jin and wrap his hands arond Jin's waist. While Hoseok was clinging to his dad, two pairs of feet could be heard walking to the kitchen then two heads would peek into the room. Taehyung would join the hug while Jimin would steal cereal from the youngest's bowl. And hours later Yonngi and Namjoon would grumpily enter the room. That was their routine. But now a big part of that would be missing. 

"Papa?" A rough voice whispered from the hallway. "Why do you look so grumpy?" Jungkook walked into the kitchen and stood by his dad. 

"Cereal?"

"Of course." Jin opened the cupboard and poured the cereal into the bowl. Jungkook took the milk from the fridge and passed it to his dad. When Jin was done, Jungkook mumbled a thank you and took the bowl from the counter. "When is Yoongi leaving?"

"Around 10," Jin tried to sound excited for his son but Jungkook saw through his facade and offered his dad an encouraging smile. "You should go wake him up. It's already 8."

Jungook whined, "I've just started to eat my cereal."

"Then do it after you eat."

"But papa! We all know how hyung gets when you wake him up! I don't want another bruise on my face. Last time was enough," Jungkook argued back.

"Jungkook stop making a fuss over nothing."

"He threw the lamp at me! I'm not waking him up," Jungkook decided. Jin sighed but ran his fingers through his son's hair. 

While he was patting Jungkook's hair, a pair of arms wrapped around his waist. "Good morning," Hoseok's morning voice interupted him from his thoughts. Hoseok was squeezing him tighter than usual. Jin turned around in his embrace and hugged his son back. "Good morning. What do you want to eat?" Hoseok puffed out his cheeks and pointed to Jungkook's bowl of cereal. Jin prepared another 3 bowls because he heard quiet footsteps coming from the stairs. Soon after Taehyung and Jimin came into the kitchen and took their bowls. Jin stood between the two's chairs and ruffled both o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter