Maybe Some Time Apart Will Do Us Good

Adventures of Family Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jin? Sweetheart, can you come here for a second," his mom called from her office. Namjoon was sitting on the couch, bouncing his leg up and down, nervously. Jin placed his warm hand onto Namjoon's knee. The younger glanced up at his boyfriend and Jin smiled at him, encouragingly.

"Hey," he whispered softly. "Everything's gonna be okay," Jin added and leaned in to kiss Namjoon's cheek. The younger sighed and looked away. "My dad is already in love with you and I think my mom still needs more time." 

"Your mom hates me," Namjoon said quietly, not really wanting for her to hear. She was never nice to him. Whenever he tried to greet her or tell her about himself she ignored him completely. 

Jin rolled his eyes, playfully, "She doesn't." 

"Jin?!" His mom called again. Jin quickly stood up and ruffled Namjoon's hair. When Namjoon pushed away his hand, Jin giggled like a schoolgirl and started walking towards the office. 

"Don't miss me too much!" He yelled as he exited the living room. Namjoon looked around the room, not knowing what to do as he waited for Jin to get back. He was afraid to turn on TV,especially since Mrs. Kim was right in the next room and she already hated him. He tapped his foot against the floor, making some sort of a beat. Namjoon mumbled lyrics of his favorite song as he tapped his foot and swayed his body to the rhythm. 

"Namjoon!" A man's voice called, making the younger jump in shock. When his eyes landed on Jin's dad, he visibly relaxed and greeted the man politely. "I didn't know you're here," Mr. Kim said and sat next to Namjoon. 

"We just came here," Namjoon replied. Jin's dad was total opposite of his mom. He actually listened to him and never ignored him. The man kicked off his shoes and grabbed the remote from the table. 

"What do you want to watch?" 

"Anything's fine with me." 

"Even dramas?" 

"Well, Jim forces me to watch them with him so I don't mind them anymore," Namjoon told him. Jin's dad laughed as he switched for a channel to a new one. 

"When he was little he loved them. I remember one time, he dressed himself as the lead actress in a film. It was so funny," Mr. Kim said and Namjoon laughed. He tried to imagine Jin wearing a dress and lipstick which made him laugh even more. 

"Football's okay?" 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

When Jin entered the office, he saw his mother sitting on her black chair. She was typing something on the computer so Jin sat on the sofa and waited quietly. His mom was great but sometimes she wanted to make his life hers and Jin couldn't handle that.  As she stopped moving her fingers along the keyboard, she turned around and smiled at him.

"I saw him today," she replied, still smiling wide at her son. Jin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and stared at his mother. When she saw Jin didn't understand what she was trying to say, Mrs. Kim added. "Minjun." 

Jin gritted his teeth at the mention of his ex. He was over him a long time ago but his mother was the one who was still in love with him. When the two broke up, Jin understood it was simply because they were drifting apart and they didn't feel the same anymore. So it wasn't hard getting over him but his mom kept telling him what a great guy Minjun was and how she knows he's the one for him. Jin clearly didn't agree with her since Namjoon was the one for him. But she didn't stop nagging. 

"Why are you telling me this?" Jin tried to sound politely but was failing miserably which earned him a glare from his mother. 

"His very handsome, even more than before." 

"I don't care, I have Namjoon." As Jin said his boyfriend's name, his mother rolled her eyes, not even trying to hide it. "What's wrong now?" 

"Namjoon is not for you. He's parents are idiots," she said and Jin could feel the lump in his throat getting bigger. "For god's sake he thinks music is a career. Minjun is working at the biggest company. But that boyfriend of yours is thinking about music. Not to mention, he doesn't know how to behave." 

"That's not true," Jin replied. His blood was boiling from the rage inside of him. She was talking about Namjoon like he was some sort of a trash. "Namjoon is much better than Minjun could ever be." He stood up and walked out without a single more word. His face was bright red and he tried hard not to kick something. Namjoon meant everything to him and his mother just insulted him. 

"Hey," he said softly as he entered the living room. Jin plopped down next to Namjoon and ushered him to hug him which the younger happily did. His dad was napping and Jin knew he just came from work so he didn't bother him as he relaxed into Nam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter