I'm Sick Too!

Adventures of Family Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was shining through the window, waking up the sleeping Namjoon. He rubbed his eyes, turning around to see if Jin was still in bed. When he saw his sleeping husband next to him, he was shocked. The older would always wake up before him to make breakfast or to make sure the kids were safe. Jin's face was buried deeply into his pillow as muffled snores escaped his mouth. Namjoon ran his hand down Jin's arm until reaching his hand. He interlocked their fingers, squeezing the other's hand tightly. 

A loud groan was heard from Jin as he stirred in his sleep. He looked up from the pillow and flashed a crooked smile towards Namjoon. The younger's eyes widened as he saw Jin's face. It was pale, paler than white chalk. He was having a heard time breathing through his nose. Drops of sweat were forming on his forehead. Namjoon placed his own hand onto the older's forehead and winced. Jin was sick. 

"I don't feel well," the older whined and covered his face with his hands. The bright light from the window was too much. 

"Wait here, let me get a thermometer," Namjoon told him. Jin waved his hand to tell Namjoon he doesn't need to do that and sat up. The older pushed the duvet from his body and swung his legs over the edge to get up. "What are you doing?"

"Getting up?"

"You're sick. Go back to bed," Namjoon said as he pushed the other on the bed gently. Jin shook his head and tried to get up but failed due to Namjoon's strong arms holding him in place. "Rest." Jin glared at him but decided to give in and relaxed. Namjoon tucked him in, all the way to his chin and pecked his cheek.

"You shouldn't kiss me. I'm sick," Jin said, sounding serious. Namjoon shrugged it off and leaned down to peck him again. The older sighed and closed his eyes. 

"I'll be right back." 

When Namjoom exited their bedroom, Taehyung was already by his feet. The boy was holding onto his teddy bear tightly while looking up at his dad. "Good morning," he mumbled. Namjoon kneeled down and pecked the child's cheek before ruffling his hair. Taehyung giggled and wrapped his arms around Namjoon's neck, wanting to be picked up. Namjoon obeyed and continued his trip to the bathroom. 

"How did you sleep, baby?"

"Hoseok came to my bed," Taehyung mumbled into Namjoon's shoulder. "He said he was scared." Both, Jin and Namjoon, noticed the strong bond between the two. Even though, Hoseok a lot, Namjoon never failed to noticed how much he protected his brother. If Taehyung did something wrong and Jin would scold him which brought the child to tears since he didn't mean to do it, Hoseok would take the blame. It happened numerous times. Sometimes Jin found them sleeping in the same bed, cuddled together. They had a really special bond. 

"He's still sleeping?"

"Mhm," the boy mumbled. Namjoon opened the cabinet door and scanned the shelf for the thermometer. As his eyes landed on it, he quickly grabbed it and headed back to their bedroom. 

"Take Taehyung to his room! I don't want him to be sick!" Jin yelled as they entered the room. Taehyung looked up from Namjoon's shoulder, once he heard Jin screaming. 

"Papa is sick?" He asked and turned to look at Namjoon. The dad nodded and handed Jin the thermometer in his hand. 

"I'll take care of the kids, in the meantime time measure your temperature," Namjoon ordered. Jin stubbornly plopped it into his mouth and frowned when he couldn't breath through his nose. "Do you wanna go back to your bed?" Taehyung shook his head. "Let's see if anyone's awake."

Turns out, everyone was still asleep. Hoseok was sprawled on Taehyung's tiny bed, drooling all over the pillow. Jimin was covered with his duvet from head to toe, not an inch of his body was seen. Namjoon had to check if the boy was still breathing. Taehyung climbed back to bed with a whine but smiled once Hoseok's arms s around his torso. Jungkook was sleeping peacefully, clutching onto his plushie. Yoongi on the other hand was tossing around his bed. The duvet was lying on the floor but the boy was shivering. Namjoon walked in and covered the sleeping boy before pressing a kiss against his temple. 

It was quiet. There wasn't a single noise in the house. Probably because it was only 6 am but to Namjoon it was too peaceful. He was used to the screaming of his sons. Not that he minded the quietness but it felt odd to him. He searched everywhere to find the tea pot and when he finally did, it fell right on his toe. With a silent groan he clutched onto his throbbing toe. How could it happen to him? 

After collecting himself together from the pain, he placed the pot on the stove and waited it to boil. Namjoon p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter