A Rainy Day

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] A Rainy Day [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Hard tapping, trees rustling, loud wind blowing, were sounds that were being made outside of her house. Raina stared out the window and watched two rain droplets chase after each other on the glass. One was speeding down the window while the other one got caught up and slowed down. She continued to observe the little race and frowned as the bigger rain droplet one. She was secretly rooting that the small one would win.

Boom . A loud sound tore her attention away from the race that she finished watching and saw the lightning that was striking in the distance. She cuddled closer into her blanket when she heard the sound of thunder booming in the distance. She hated storms, but she loves the rain that came with it. She got up from her comfy spot on the windowsill and flopped onto her bed to continue snuggling into her blanket. She lazily looked at her alarm clock and noted the time. She had classes, however, they were canceled today because of the storm that was looming above Los Angeles. 

Raina, taking the opportunity of the day, decided to stay home and practice her dance. But for the time being, Raina wanted nothing more but to fall back into a deep sleep and to turn off her busy mind. She focused on the sounds of the rain that was falling down and closed her eyes. Within minutes, she had fallen asleep to the sounds of the thunder and of the rain. 

Drip. Drip. The rain got louder and the sounds of hail ricocheted off the roof and onto the ground. Raina woke up startled and scurried out of bed to look out the window. Hail, the size of a quarter, was scattered along the ground. It has been awhile since a storm this bad loomed over California. 

Losing interest in the rain, Raina advanced towards her closet to change into sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt so she could move around more comfortably. She reached for the Bluetooth speakers and her phone and headed towards the empty room that was made for her. The room, on one side, had clear tall mirrors lined up from one end to the other. The floor was the slick and bouncy floor that was seen in any dance room. She set up the speakers and her phone on a stool and pressed play. 

Music blasted from the tiny speakers and filled up every inch of the room. Raina began to perform her choreography that she made up so she could audition as a dance instructor. She has been working on this dance since she heard the announcement that JellyFish Entertainment was in need of a new dance teacher. She was confident in her dancing abilities, but she knew there were others that were just as qualified as her. Because she has to compete with others, fueled her motivation to become a new dance teacher. Her dance was a mixture of hip-hop and lyrical. Those were her two strong suits that she felt the most confident in.  

Raina ran through her dance routine for another three hours straight before she decided to take a break. Turning off the music, she collapsed onto the floor and closed her eyes to concentrate on calming down her breathing. Her chest rose and fell multiple times before her breath became shallower. She opened her eyes and stared at the white ceiling above her. She watched the blades of the fan spin in circles; one blade chasing after the other. 

Beep. The sound of her phone going off tore her attention away from the ceiling. She hopped up onto her feet and went to grab her phone. 

Dylan: What are you up to?! Are you planning on spending today off, around in your house? Let's do something!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter