The Playground

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] The Playground [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Leo woke up suddenly from his deep sleep from the sounds of muffled whimpers. Leo blinked a few times for his brown eyes to adjust to the darkness that clouded the room. His ears adjust to nothing but the eerie sound of nothingness and silence that enveloped the room. Leo glanced over to where the muffled screams came from. Raina was fast asleep, curled up in a ball that held Leo's hand tightly. He attempted to pry his hand from her tiny, tight grasp but her hands refused to let go. A shy smile crept onto his face because of how cute she was being in her sleep. Her hands clung onto his black and white flannel, her hair was disheveled around her face, her nose would wiggle every other minute, and he thought the way she hugged her body right next to his outstretched arm was cute. She must be having a bad dream.

Without moving his one arm, Leo reached up to move the hair from her face. Once his hand made contact to her face, his hand instantly became warm and he swears he could feel the warmth radiating off her face. His hands slowly traveled to her soft, pink and plum lips. One of his fingers grazed the bottom of her lip and he had a sudden urge to give her a tender kiss. His mind and heart are telling him to do it, but his body as a whole is going against it. Leo rose from his spot and sat right next to her. His head crouched closer and closer to her face. Just inches away, Leo's breath hitched. His lips enclosed the distance and quickly, but lovingly, his lips brushed hers. His lips lingered a few seconds before he pulled away. What did I just do? Did I seriously just kiss her right now? Am I in the right mind right now? Leo had many thoughts hammering in his head after the event that just took place. Even though his mind regretted doing that, his heart was beating rapidly. He resumed his left position on the floor and let his eyes wonder over the sleeping Raina. His eyes grew big at the sudden realization of this scene, right before him, has happened before. 

*Flashback*

Every day after school Leo would head straight over to the playground that was between his house and hers. He always arrived later because he would practice in the dance room while her clubs would end early. The two would always meet at the same playground piece. Leo arrived a few minutes late, as always, while he saw that she was already there. Raina was perched at the very top of the playground set, staring at the sky above. Leo shuffled closer and Raina's gaze dropped to Leo.  

"You always get here so late Leo," chuckled Raina.

"I know, but you still love me don't you?" smiled Leo, ruffling his brown shaggy hair. 

"Of course I still love you, Leo," smiled Raina, blowing a kiss. 

Raina pushed herself off the bars, however, her shoelace got caught and she scrambled to catch her fall. At the corner of her eyes, she could see Leo running to try and break her fall. Unfortunately, she landed on her back, her eyes staring straight up to the clear blue sky. Her eyes blinked a few times before she realized she was on the ground. She tried moving, but not even a single part of her body moved. 

"OH MY GOD RAINA! ARE YOU OKAY?" asked Leo, as he frantically reached out to her body to cradle her, "Don't try and move!"

"Okay, I won't move," said Raina, trying to remain calm. 

Leo picked up Raina and hugged her closer t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter