006

Eyes On You

 

 

 

Ahyoung glanced at Sungjae who was already eating, she leaned on the counter as she watched Myungsoo prepare some toasts.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have exploded on you like that.” She said, Myungsoo paused and glanced at her.

“Ani, you had the right to.” He said as he took a plate and placed the food on it. Ahyoung bit her lip before walking to the dining table.

“Good morning, boys.” Ahyoung smiled as her two German Shepherds walked in through the glass doors.

Sungjae waved at the two dogs.

King and George were presents from Sungjae and Myungsoo two years ago; they gave them to her as a gift to commemorate her first year in working for her family’s company. But really, it was Myungsoo’s idea to give her dogs that were trained to protect since she was living alone.

“You were right, I should have mentioned it, or told you guys something.”

Sungjae looked up, Myungsoo placed two more plates on the table.

“But there’s nothing I can do about it, it was a promise made by our grandfathers. And you know how that goes in my world, right?”

Sungjae nodded.

“But, promise me one thing.” Ahyoung said.

Myungsoo nodded, she exhaled before walking to him and wrapping her arms around his neck, Myungsoo smiled and rubbed her back.

“The moment you hesitate, tell us and ask for our help.” She said.

“I’m in, as long as I don’t get to have mafia leaders going after my neck.” Sungjae nodded.

Ahyoung chuckled and pulled away, Myungsoo squeezed her hand before making her sit.

 

 

“So, this is it?” Ahyoung was chewing on fries while talking with her cousin. Sehun nodded.

“I really want to go, but I have to be at the conference, can you do it?”

Ahyoung set down the folder and nodded.

“It’s in Jeju, I can go.”

“I remember when you worked part time at Myungsoo’s hotel in Jeju.”

She grinned.

“Your oh so famous act of rebellion.” He mused, Ahyoung slapped his arm.

“Oppa, just go to your conference, I’ll have the helicopter prepared.” She said as she stood up, Sehun grinned at her.

 

 

“This afternoon? Will you be okay going alone?” Vernon asked as Ahyoung waited for her pasta.

“I should be.” She shrugged while glancing through the glass windows, Vernon paused, there were three males in black suits standing near Ahyoung’s car and another two were seated four tables away from them.

“They ride in another car.” Ahyoung explained as she took a sip from her juice.

“This..doesn’t scare you?”

“Myungsoo has his reasons for doing this, even Sungjae gets his own detail when something’s up.”

Vernon’s lips pursed.

“But, how did this start?”

Ahyoung exhaled and glanced at her bodyguards.

“It..was the summer of our junior year in college, we were out partying, as usual Sungjae was already drunk, Myungsoo usually separated himself from the crowd.”

Vernon saw Ahyoung curl her fingers briefly, he reached for her hand and gave it a gently squeeze. She exhaled shakily.

“Ahyoung, it’s fine~”

“Then I had to make a call for someone to pick us up…then this guy came out nowhere and started…..harassing me….pulling at my clothes…” She bit her lip, Vernon’s eyes widened, but Ahyoung shook her head at him.

“My clothes were torn, he pushed me against the wall and started….touching me.”

“Then, I hear something…then the guy dropped to the ground. Myungsoo had shot him.”

“I’m so sorry, Ahyoung. I had no idea.”

“I didn’t really talked about this to other people. But that man…he knew I was Myungsoo’s friend. He was an enemy of their family, ever since that incident, he was paranoid over Sungjae and me. Well, he can’t really get rid of us, so each of us has a security detail from him.”

 

 

Myungsoo squared his shoulders before he entered the living room, he was in his parents’ home where he was to meet his fiancé.

“Finally, come in!” His father waved him over as he stepped in the room.

He bowed politely before joining them.

“We were just planning your engagement announcement, son.” Mrs. Kim smiled at him, Myungsoo just nodded.

“Right, this is Mihee.”

He looked at the girl sitting across him, his brows furrowed before facing her.

“Nice to meet you, Myungsoo-ssi.” She smiled at him, Myungsoo smiled back.

“I know you have plans for dinner, but eomma, abeoji, I think it would be better if we dine together..just the two of us.”

The two elders paused at what their son just said, then Mr. Kim cleared his throat.

“That’s a good idea, Mihee, are you okay with that?”

“Yes, it’s fine, abeonim.”

 

Myungsoo exhaled lowly before standing, Mihee looked at him expectantly, but he just walked towards the double doors. Her brows furrowed but she bid the elders goodbye and followed Myungsoo.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++