019

Eyes On You

 

 

“So, did they decide the date?” Ahyoung asked as she slid in the car.

“I don’t know, I left.” Myungsoo replied as he started the car, Ahyoung bit her lip and glanced at him.

“Myungsoo-yah, I think…we should…try not to meet each other too many times a week.” She said, Myungsoo looked at her briefly before stepping on the gas.

“Wae? Finally got sick of me?” He asked, Ahyoung shook her head.

“Ani, its just that, you’re..getting married in a few months, and Mihee might~”

“Did she say something?” He almost snapped, Ahyoung winced and shook her head.

“No, what I mean is that~”

“We don’t have to adjust because of her, even Sungjae too.”

“L~”

“I don’t want to talk to about it.”

She leaned back against the seat.

“Anyway, thanks for coming over.” She said.

“I just had a feeling you weren’t feeling well.” He replied before focusing on the road, Ahyoung looked at his side profile before leaning her head against the window.

 

 

Sungjae stared at the online article in confusion, Ahyoung just released a statement regarding her rumored marriage about Vernon, and she denied everything.

He started to continue reading, then he paused.

“They broke up?”

“They broke up!?!” He suddenly sat up, feeling offended.

He childishly pursed his lips and grabbed his phone, after three rings, his friend finally answered.

“Sungjae, I’m quite~”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He whined.

“What? Look, I’ll call~”

“So, this is how its gonna be now? You keeping secrets, not sharing with me, and not informing that you ran away~” He nagged until Ahyoung sighed.

“Yes, we broke up. And yes, we’re not getting married, obviously. And yes, I ran away from my grandfather, and yes, I might get disowned for what I’ve done. So, can I put the phone down now?”

Sungjae exhaled.

“Fine, I’ll be coming over with ice cream and cake later.”

“It’s kind late for that, bub.” She mused, he could almost hear the denial in her tone.

“I know, but better late than never, right?”

 

 

Ahyoung winced as she stepped in her grandfather’s office, she saw her parents sitting and were discussing something.

She swallowed before stepping forward.

“What happened, Ahyoung-ah?” Her mother stood up and greeted her with a warm hug.

“We broke up, eomma. It’s useless now.”

Her grandfather paused and looked at her.

“What? How~”

“Halbae, he…he proposed, it’s true but…I asked for time, and yet he….he told you I would marry him, it’s not right.” She slowly shook her head.

“But that man, is right for you. His family~”

Ahyoung sighed and looked at her father, Song Kijoo is a quiet man, he is very observant and can be a little cold towards other people. But his only daughter knew that he can be warm and adorable when he was with family.

“Abeoji, she has a point, besides…Ahyoung is still young, she has so many things to aspire for before settling down.”

She nodded.

“I’m still disappointed, you had to release that~”

The doors suddenly opened, it was Ahyoung’s Kim guards.

“What’s happening?” Her father stood up.

“Agasshi, something’s wrong.”

 

 

Ahyoung stared at her Aventador, or what’s left of it.

She could not move, something was definitely wrong.

“It was parked here,” One of the security, gestured around the basement.

“Since ten this morning, then around thirty minutes earlier, the fire alarms went on and we found chairman’s car burning.” He stated politely, Ahyoung looked at one of her guards.

“We’ve already checked the CCTV footage, but like at your home, agasshi, it seemed hacked. We tried to trace everything from online and other sources, but nothing came up but fake IP addresses.”

She exhaled and closed her eyes briefly.

“What’s happening?!” A cold voice made everyone tense up, Ahyoung just stared at her vehicle with sad and worried eyes.

She felt Myungsoo turning her around to face him.

“I heard about what~”

From behind him, she saw Mihee waiting inside the car and staring straight back at her with a hint of a smirk on her face.

“I know, I’m okay.” She assured him with a small smile, she heard her parents arrive at the scene.

“Oh, uncle, aunt.” Myungsoo greeted them with a polite bow.

“Omo, our Myungsoo.” Mrs. Song smiled and patted his hand.

“I heard about your engagement, congratulations, sweetie.” She cooed, Myungsoo just chuckled.

“Thanks, auntie. ” He nodded, he noticed how they were looking at Ahyoung’s car, before he could speak, Ahyoung took his hand a squeezed it.

“What’s that?” Her father asked worriedly.

“A bad case of vandalism, some high school kids were here earlier and saw the car, this and that. But don’t worry appa, I have security and the police working on it.” She fibbed, her parents nodded.

“Well, it’s good you have Myungsoo and his men, we’ll get going now, take care of her.” Mr. Song patted his shoulder before walking to their waiting car.

Myungsoo looked at Ahyoung questioningly.

“I know, don’t ask. I just don’t feel like explaining to them.”

“Ahyoung, you do know that~”

“No, don’t say that because I’m friends with you that’s why my car was burned or my house was…almost bombed, like I said L, it’s not your fault. Don’t apologize.” She shook her head.

“So, go back to the car, Mihee’s waiting.” She nudged him, Myungsoo stared at her worriedly.

“Then, how will you get to the restaurant? Lunch with Yook Sungjae.” He pointed out, she looked around her.

“I can walk, it’s just two blocks away.” She grinned.

“I’ll walk with you then.” He was about to call for his secretary but Ahyoung stopped him.

“No, go with Mihee.”

“Ahyoung~”

“We talked about this, things are changing, L. You have to be with her. She would feel bad if you left her to ride alone and~”

“Ahyoung, I don’t~”

“Please, for me.” She cupped his left cheek, Myungsoo frowned but he softened.

“It’s always for you.” He pointed out before turning his back to her and marching to his car.

Ahyoung just exhaled before turning to her bodyguards.

 

“Hyungnim-deul? How do you feel about pojangmacha? My treat.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++