002

Eyes On You

 

March 2014

 

“It’s awkward.” Ahyoung fidgeted while sipping her coffee, Myungsoo rolled his eyes at his friend.

“You said you liked him.” He stated.

“But, dinner with his friends? Isn’t that too much?”

Myungsoo scratched the back of his head.

“It’s just dinner, they’re not going to kill you.”

Ahyoung exhaled.

“It’s not dinner with his entire clan, but with his friends, Ahyoung.” Myungsoo stated again, he was trying to placate the panicky lady before him.

“You’re not helping, can you at least show more emotions? This is like talking to a block of ice.” She leaned on her elbows, clanking the three Cartier bangles on her wrist.

Myungsoo didn’t reply, he looked up as Sungjae joined their table.

“Talk to her.” He said, the male shook off his coat and sat down. He grinned and pinched Ahyoung’s cheeks before calling the waiter.

“Is this about Vermin?”

Myungsoo almost choked on his coffee.

“It’s Vernon.” Ahyoung sighed and handed him a napkin.

“Oh, right.” Sungjae blinked before speaking to the waiter, then he faced her.

“What about him?” He asked.

“She’s nervous.” Myungsoo said.

“Why? What?”

“He invited me to dinner.” Ahyoung bit her lip.

“With the parents?” Sungjae balked, Ahyoung shook her head, Myungsoo shrugged at Sungjae.

“Ani, with his friends.”

“And you gathered us all here for that?”

“What are you saying? There’s only thee of us.” Ahyoung said, Myungsoo shook his head.

“I thought you like the guy? Why is this bothering you?”

“Ya, you were the one who told me dating him would be a cliché!”

“Of course, he was the campus crush during our university days. Campus crush plus chaebol daughter equals cliché.”

Myungsoo looked at Ahyoung.

“What she means to say that she thinks it’s too early to be meeting his friends.” He explained.

“Oh, well, break up with him.” Sungjae said as his order of Bolognese and cola arrived.

“What?!”

“If it bothers you a lot then end it, let me eat first. L hyung, entertain her.”

 

 

“You have commitment issues.” Sungjae pointed out as they stepped out of the restaurant, it was around three in the afternoon.

“I don’t.” She replied, Myungsoo was walking behind them, his four bodyguards were in plain clothes, trailing behind the three friends.

“Are you just dating him because you had a crush on him before?” Sungjae pointed out. Myungsoo looked up and glanced around them, they were males who would stare at Ahyoung as she passed by and some would try to catch her attention.

“No. I’m not that type of girl, you .”

She glanced at Myungsoo.

“Can you drop me off? I sent my driver away.” She said.

“Ride with Sungjae, I have a meeting.” He replied, Ahyoung nodded, Myungsoo bumped fists with her before leaving.

 

“So, how was it?” Vernon asked as they stepped out of the private hall, she smiled.

“Your friends are..fun and interesting.” She replied, he grinned and took her hand.

“They’ve been wanting to meet you ever since I told them about you.”

Ahyoung nodded, they made their way towards the exit doors.

“You’ll come to the party next week, right?” She asked, Vernon nodded.

“Anything to lessen your tension, have you always hated company parties?” He mused, Ahyoung shook her head.

“Sungjae’s going to be out of town, Myungsoo has things to do. I don’t want to be alone.”

Vernon just nodded, he was about to walk her to his car, when suddenly four men clad in black suits approached them, he tensed.

Ahyoung sighed.

“Is something wrong, hyungnim-deul?” She asked and faced the males. Vernon blinked at her.

“It’s the director, agasshi.”

She paused.

“What?”

“He’s needed for a meeting and we…cant find him.”

“You cant find him, or you too scared to find him?” She asked, the males looked away uncomfortably, then a black Range Rover stopped across them.

“I…need to go, lunch tomorrow?” She faced Vernon, he just nodded and kissed her cheek.

 

“So much for having a best friend who’s a mafia prince.” She mused before crossing the street guarded by the four males and she got in the car.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++